Bills/Commanders Postgame Thread

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Was just thinking how Dorian looked far better this preseason as a rookie than Bernard ever did last year. Even more instinctive and violent. Figured Bernard would be the placeholder till they could get Dorian coached up, but...

Worth looking at this again. He's playing like the description here and like he played in the Sugar Bowl: https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/04/bills-terrel-bernard-a-tackling-machine-had-sugar-bowl-performance-for-the-ages-4-things-to-know.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

This week will probably be the proof of this train of thought.  Fish are currently the top running team @ 6.1 ypc, Suspect this is because teams are selling out to stop the passing game.  Only team in the league with 2 backs over 200 yards this season, and their top 3 backs [Mostert, Achane, Brooks] have all broken runs of 40 or more yards. Mostert, & Achane, run sub 4.4, and Brooks is a Murray type [232#] thumper.

A lot of their runs were poor tackling.  It wasn't just selling out to stop the pass.  Hopefully the Bills have a good day of making tackles this week.

On 9/24/2023 at 5:08 PM, HappyDays said:

I think Allen and the defense saved him multiple times.

To be fair to Dorsey, we do not have a true #2 receiver out there. It's a major handicap on this offense.

It would be better worded to say a really good #2 WR, I like Gabe, but there are times…, 

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

That's nonsense.    Throwing a downfield pass on third or fourth down and short is a classic play call.  I'm sure that both Bill Belichick and Andy Reid have had it in their playbooks for decades even if Mike McDaniel doesn't.

If they are going to do that then play action from under center would be a better play call.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoTier said:

Maybe you should watch more NFL games rather than concentrating on high school contests.   In the Steelers win over the Raiders, Garappollo hit Davante Adams for a long TD on a 3 or 4th and less than a yard.

He's played all of 4 NFL games, Nostradamus.

I’m sure I watch just as many if not more games than you. It was a bad call and the results show that. Defend it all you want, it was a failure. 

On 9/25/2023 at 12:48 AM, newcam2012 said:

No but their offense is legit. It's by far the biggest test to date for the Bills. After 3 games they faced Wilson, Jimmy G, and Howell. Not exactly quality QBs. 

Tua in that Miami system is excellent maybe even elite. Hill, Waddle, and Mosert have the ability to take it to the house on any one play. Their weapons are by far better than Buffalo's. 

I think McD will have a nice game plan vs Miami. The Bills must be efficient with their tackling. 

I think the Bills offense can score lots of points on Miami's defense. 

This has shootout written all over it. Allen will have his cap on this game. 

Not ready to predict a winner or score. 

Agree with you. But I will predict a score. Yes a shootout. Depending on if Tua can paly the whole game. I'll give him the benefit of that doubt. However if we had Von, I would not. So, Bills 38 Squished Fish 28

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.