Bills/Commanders Postgame Thread

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I thought Dorsey had a good gameplan early. Called several misdirection plays to try and take advantage bof a slick field and slow that front 4. Solid plan. 

Then as the game went on he went braindead several times. There are a lot of times where playcalls get bagged on but it really is bad execution. Today wasn't the case IMO. The 4th down passing call was atrocious. The insistence of getting the ball to Harty was mind boggling. I understand getting him in space. I do. But these cute plays for him fool no one.  Can't afford to waste downs like that.

I do give him credit for sticking with the run when it started slow. In years past with Daboll after the 4th or 5th run there wouldn't have been another run called for a RB until late in the game. He kept chipping away and eventually Cook broke off some nice runs. This also made it so it wasn't all on Allen and keeps him from going Sugar Rush mode.

But it wasn't just the 4th down, it was the third down call as well, tried to cute with the handoff from the shotgun. Its third and 1. A FG puts the game away. You have Josh freaking Allen! Put him under the center, get your power backs behind him and push him. If need be TWICE. It's not brain surgery! He worries me, a LOT!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Leave it to this place to find the cloud amongst all the silver linings.    We stomped a 2-0 team in their stadium….    Maybe a lot of people are upset cause they bet on the wrong team?

This is a special place....even in a blowout win we get misery. Can't even take a few hours to enjoy it....I just don't understand and honestly I don't want to. Yes discourse is good but it seems people are more upset on here when we win lol.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Dominating defensive performance is the story of this one. Hats off to McDermott. The more aggressive style is working.

Dorsey was our biggest problem on offense, no creativity and several bizarre play calls.

Dorsey is clearly mediocre and the sample size is big enough imho.  McD choosing Bernard was brilliant.  We desperately need a backup plan if Dorsey continues to struggle. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He designed plays that got the ball out of Allen's hands quickly. Completely negated the pass rush of Washington and the balanced run game took advantage of the lighter boxes they played.

I disagree, I thought we dialed up quite a few long developing pass plays and the pass protection just held up really well, plus Allen stayed in the pocket or escaped when the defensive coverage won the play. Execution won the day for offense, not coaching IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

This is a special place....even in a blowout win we get misery. Can't even take a few hours to enjoy it....I just don't understand and honestly I don't want to. Yes discourse is good but it seems people are more upset on here when we win lol.

Basking in the afterglow of a win is not quite our style.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JMM said:

But it wasn't just the 4th down, it was the third down call as well, tried to cute with the handoff from the shotgun. Its third and 1. A FG puts the game away. You have Josh freaking Allen! Put him under the center, get your power backs behind him and push him. If need be TWICE. It's not brain surgery! He worries me, a LOT!

Didn't say it was just the 4th down. Was just an example. There were several call that...well like McDermott will say "I'm sure Ken would like to have back". Hopefully someone beats it into his head that sometimes the simple obvious choice is the right one.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

People bagging on Dorsey today? REALLY?!

They mentioned early in the broadcast that the Commanders had gone an NFL record 9 straight games without allowing more than four 3rd down conversions in a single game. The Bills today were 9 for 15 on 3rd downs.

They were the picture of balance, with 32 passes and 33 runs.

They had 170 yards rushing, 218 yards passing, and scored 30 points. 

Yes, there were short fields, and lots of credit goes to the defense. But the Bills offense just had a quality showing against a very good Washington defense. They dominated time of possession, kept their quarterback clean, barely punted, and put up 30 points.

Was Dorsey's gameplan perfect? No. Were there some calls he'd probably like to have back? I bet so. But that's the NFL. If you're honestly upset with Ken Dorsey TODAY, well, you're just looking for reasons to be upset, and I doubt anything will ever please you.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dorsey is clearly mediocre and the sample size is big enough imho.  McD choosing Bernard was brilliant.  We desperately need a backup plan if Dorsey continues to struggle. 

LOL.

"Continues to struggle", he says. 🤣

30 offensive points this week against a quality defense, on the road.

38 offensive points last week.

"Continues to struggle". 

Amazing.

• Like (+1) 10

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I disagree, I thought we dialed up quite a few long developing pass plays and the pass protection just held up really well, plus Allen stayed in the pocket or escaped when the defensive coverage won the play. Execution won the day for offense, not coaching IMO.

Everyone is welcomed to their opinion.

We do forget the unforced penalties that put us in longer down and distance situations.

When Allen holds the ball for a deeper shot, there is usually quicker/shorter options he is not taking.

But agree that pass pro held up well on those occasions.

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Leave it to this place to find the cloud amongst all the silver linings.    We stomped a 2-0 team in their stadium….    Maybe a lot of people are upset cause they bet on the wrong team?

You’re right this is a message board, what the hell are people doing discussing the nuances of the game? Only cheerleading allowed here, the rest of you haters should be shamed into silence.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.