Bills/Commanders Postgame Thread

HappyDays

42 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

After 3 games you’re sure. Ok. 

The point isn’t whether he develops in two years. The point is that currently he’s a scrub.

That being said, Bills D was very impressive. But the last two games were never going to prove anything. They were always going to be a convenient rebound from the inevitable Jets loss.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Airseven said:

The point isn’t whether he develops in two years. The point is that currently he’s a scrub.

That being said, Bills D was very impressive. But the last two games were never going to prove anything. They were always going to be a convenient rebound from the inevitable Jets loss.

Inevitable Jets loss? Now I know you’re a troll. What team do you actually cheer for? Do you have the balls to tell us?

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

I don't have a lot of negatives around the game Dorsey called.

He designed plays that got the ball out of Allen's hands quickly. Completely negated the pass rush of Washington and the balanced run game took advantage of the lighter boxes they played.

How many hits did Allen take? Not a lot.

Only a few critiques. As others have mentioned, he could do better with 4th and short calls.

A would like to see them lean more into Allen under center and play action - especially with a run game that is clicking. Dorsey still seems overly enamored with shotgun.

I am also done seeing Hardy wheel and sweep plays. A cloud of dust and nothing. I just don't see the juice and it seems like they have gone to the well enough that they should have come to the same conclusion.

Defense played disciplined till we had a good lead then just unleashed the dogs.

Bernard plays with good instincts for his gap and the ball. The DTs in front of him are really holding their own when not collapsing the pocket.

Great day all around for the defense.

There were also several plays where Josh threw to Diggs where Kincaid was wide open. Most were completed but sometimes I think Josh has his mind made up before snap he’s going to Diggs. So far it hasn’t really bit him in the last two games but it could I’m the near future. I think Dorsey is calling good games. The offense needs to execute the calls. We have a legit running game and the QB isn’t taking hits against a dominant D line. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

they're both LB's right? their both leaders.  And there are only 11 spots.  who starts?

Miller plays in the line for a 4/3 defense. He really only ha LB in his title so he can wear the number 40.

Miller comes back and we release Shaq Lawson and put him on the practice squad, obviously 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Airseven said:

makes sense this comes from the same person who declared Laporta is the next Andrews after one game.  A true scout. 

We’ll see if we can sustain vs the better QBs and OLs, but the investment in the DL has me salivating.  I just love having Leonard Floyd and hope we can extend him.  He’s such a stud and should’ve gotten paid a lot more than 8M on a 1 year.

Eds contract is starting to look like a bargain. Our DTs compliment our edge rushers really well.

Rousseau just forges forward and will not be denied.

possibly Von Miller in 13ish days.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Mind boggling to Me some people are mad cause we didn’t throw to Kincaid more in a 37-3 win on the road 

Yeah…. “Mind boggling”….. meanwhile we give Deonte Harty 5 touches.   🙄 

the game wasn’t decided until the middle of the 3rd qtr.  it is most definitely mind boggling that we aren’t using our 2nd most talented pass catcher after throwing his two 1 yard passes in the first minute.  

yes, we played a great game…..but I promise you one thing, mcdermott isn’t happy about everything that happened on the field.  There are things he’d like to see us do differently.  There are things us, as fans, would like us to do differently.

”mind boggling”.  🤣 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

He was #2 in receptions I think through the 1st two weeks trolls are just looking for something to latch on to.

We’re “trolls” because we’re pointing out something we disliked in a win.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Ok

55 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Miller plays in the line for a 4/3 defense. He really only ha LB in his title so he can wear the number 40.

Miller comes back and we release Shaq Lawson and put him on the practice squad, obviously 

I don’t think this would be wise unless we had a deal in place with him to not sign elsewhere.  He’s a valuable player.  I’d rather release Matakavich, Damar or Kingsley Jonathan 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We’re “trolls” because we’re pointing out something we disliked in a win.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Ok

I don’t think this would be wise unless we had a deal in place with him to not sign elsewhere.  He’s a valuable player.  I’d rather release Matakavich, Damar or Kingsley Jonathan 

When your point is ridiculous yeah.

You want to know who is still #2 in Rec on the Bills? It's still ***** Dalton Kincaid, he's tied for 3rd in targets with Cook behind Gabe and obviously Diggs is #1.

14 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Can I just ask all naysayers, do you think the Dolphins are going to to put 70 on us? Really?

No but their offense is legit. It's by far the biggest test to date for the Bills. After 3 games they faced Wilson, Jimmy G, and Howell. Not exactly quality QBs. 

Tua in that Miami system is excellent maybe even elite. Hill, Waddle, and Mosert have the ability to take it to the house on any one play. Their weapons are by far better than Buffalo's. 

I think McD will have a nice game plan vs Miami. The Bills must be efficient with their tackling. 

I think the Bills offense can score lots of points on Miami's defense. 

This has shootout written all over it. Allen will have his cap on this game. 

Not ready to predict a winner or score. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Big take away from the last 2 weeks on the defense:

Buffalo loses :

Tremaine Edmunds 

Leslie Frazier

Buffalo Gains:

Cap Space by not signing Edmunds

Bernard seeing the field

McDermott using aggressive defense

AND A THIRD ROUND COMP PICK

I so want that pick to be a hit.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Sherfield looked like Deebo running with the ball. Ditch whatever plan you have for Harty and replace it with Sherfield. This dude was running like a train down hill. This Harty ***** ain’t working 

I hope he has a role to play against his old team next Sunday.  It would be a great time for that.

I do have to mention that on at least two of Harty's sweeps so far the D line let penetration in to blow up the play.  Don't know if it's blocking issue

or the plays are not hidden enough from the D.

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

When your point is ridiculous yeah.

You want to know who is still #2 in Rec on the Bills? It's still ***** Dalton Kincaid, he's tied for 3rd in targets with Cook behind Gabe and obviously Diggs is #1.

Being #2 in receptions on the season means nothing when discussing this game. That’s what we’re currently doing.  Discussing the good and bad about THIS game.  The bad was Kincaid getting zero targets in the final 59 minutes of the game.  Lots of good is being discussed as well 

He’s caught 10 of his 11 targets.  The only incompletion was a forced pass that almost got him killed.  Get him the ball.  

Other reasons for being peeved about our 1st rd picks limited usage.  I have multiple bets on kincaids season stats.  I have money on Kincaid winning RoY.  I have him in every fantasy league.

Just because you and some others don’t agree, doesn’t mean there aren’t any valid reasons for people disliking his exclusion from todays game plan. 

If they’re doing that because they didn’t want to put more Kincaid on tape, I can dig it. If that’s not, I’m not impressed with how Dorsey is implementing him into the offense.   Harty should never have his number called 100+% more than Kincaid unless it’s all garbage time touches.  That wasn’t the case though. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Being #2 in receptions on the season means nothing when discussing this game. That’s what we’re currently doing.  Discussing the good and bad about THIS game.  The bad was Kincaid getting zero targets in the final 59 minutes of the game.  Lots of good is being discussed as well 

He’s caught 10 of his 11 targets.  The only incompletion was a forced pass that almost got him killed.  Get him the ball.  

Other reasons for being peeved about our 1st rd picks limited usage.  I have multiple bets on kincaids season stats.  I have money on Kincaid winning RoY.  I have him in every fantasy league.

Just because you and some others don’t agree, doesn’t mean there aren’t any valid reasons for people disliking his exclusion from todays game plan. 

If they’re doing that because they didn’t want to put more Kincaid on tape, I can dig it. If that’s not, I’m not impressed with how Dorsey is implementing him into the offense.   Harty should never have his number called 100+% more than Kincaid unless it’s all garbage time touches.  That wasn’t the case though. 

The game was never in doubt. or the last game.  It's hard to win in the NFL.  Even harder to dominate.  Enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, balln said:

If you homers think we’re going to beat the top teams in Nfl and in Jan with your oc in Dorset and a 2nd wr with 1 catch today. And yet again woeful catch % …. You’re dreaming! 

why did the bills draft Kincaid. He is the #2!!!!!! He BETTER be 

All we heard from you "realists" all off season was that it was going to be a problem with McD calling the defense and that we were gonna be screwed on defense because we didn't have a middle linebacker, our O-line sucked, Spencer Brown is a problem, Davis sucks, etc., etc.

Well, McD almost pitched a shutout against a 2-0 team in their house, Bernard has a monster game, the defense had 9 sacks and 5 turnovers, the offensive line didn't allow a sack against one of the best fronts in the league, Davis scored a touchdown (almost two), we won by 34 points, and for the second week in a row 9 different receivers had receptions, our backs ran for more than 167 yards, and we scored more than 37 points with a very balanced offense.

So, what makes you think you are correct about your current, negative assessment? I think we "homers" are much more realistic than you complainers at this point.

Plus its week three for goodness sake. We have two new RBs, a new TE, two new offensive linemen, and a few new receivers. This offense is still finding themselves, their identity, the roles that everyone will play, etc. To expect perfection from the offense in week 3 against a good defense is so short-sighted. Are there things they can improve on, of course, but to be calling for Dorsey's head at this point is silly, imo. And to complain about the number of receptions the #2 receiver is getting when Josh is spreading the ball around so well and the team is playing a lot of ball-/clock-control offense in games where we are leading and the defense is dominating, really makes me think you guys are complaining just to complain. 

The only play I had a problem with was the 4th down...should have just been a QB sneak. But I don't mind that they are trying other things (screens, hand off to Davis, etc.), even if they are unsuccessful because as I said, it is so early in the year that they are still trying to find their 2023 identity. They'll eventually start to home in on what is working and what isn't and adjust accordingly. You guys seem to expect perfection (which no team has)...and I'm also guessing that maybe Miami's 70 points has you scared. Not me. We aren't the Broncos.

I feel bad that some of you guys can't enjoy the wins (a blowout no less). Football is supposed to be fun.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

Howell is a scrub.

Airseven is doing what he always does. If you’re not beating one of the top three QBs in the league, everyone else is a scrub, and it should not be counted.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

No but their offense is legit. It's by far the biggest test to date for the Bills. After 3 games they faced Wilson, Jimmy G, and Howell. Not exactly quality QBs. 

Tua in that Miami system is excellent maybe even elite. Hill, Waddle, and Mosert have the ability to take it to the house on any one play. Their weapons are by far better than Buffalo's. 

I think McD will have a nice game plan vs Miami. The Bills must be efficient with their tackling. 

I think the Bills offense can score lots of points on Miami's defense. 

This has shootout written all over it. Allen will have his cap on this game. 

Not ready to predict a winner or score. 

Probably not gonna see 70 again for a while but they are going to put up points on us. We’re gonna have to match them on the scoreboard with our offense

Personally, I would like to see us control the clock. I mean really control the clock with our running game.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

So the national media gonna talk ***** about Allen's arm punt all week or the up and coming Howell with 4 ints?

He had a few other risky throws into coverage that luckily weren’t picked off.

Trying not to be negative, just stating facts.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

He had a few other risky throws into coverage that luckily weren’t picked off.

Trying not to be negative, just stating facts.

I agree but I think Allen was in control, not reckless, and didn't really make inexcusable decisions. 

Allen is most likely going to throw a few risky throws in every game. It's about timing, the nature of the game, positioning, etc...Risk vs reward sort of speak. 

I thought Allen the last two games has been very good at playing smart while trying to extend plays and make big plays. 

I think the Bills need a very good version of Allen vs Miami. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dorsey is clearly mediocre and the sample size is big enough imho.  McD choosing Bernard was brilliant.  We desperately need a backup plan if Dorsey continues to struggle. 

What???? 

Allen was pulled a 2nd straight week because we dominated them. We could have easily put up 40+ both games.

Even the Jests game , he set up Allen with looks and he refused to take em. Allen will be Superman when he needs to be, maybe next week if the Fins O shows up

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Airseven is doing what he always does. If you’re not beating one of the top three QBs in the league, everyone else is a scrub, and it should not be counted.

Probably not gonna see 70 again for a while but they are going to put up points on us. We’re gonna have to match them on the scoreboard with our offense

Personally, I would like to see us control the clock. I mean really control the clock with our running game.

I'd copy what NE did. Held them to under 30 , coming on the road will be a test for them. I'm excited . McD will have these boys ready. They didn't even have Waddle today. 

7 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Sherfield looked like Deebo running with the ball. Ditch whatever plan you have for Harty and replace it with Sherfield. This dude was running like a train down hill. This Harty ***** ain’t working 

I completely agree. I think there was a plan for before we decided to run more 2 TE sets that might have broken Harty out of this groove

But I wince every time Harty touches the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Sherfield looks like what Harty is supposed to be and does it coming in cold. 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Other reasons for being peeved about our 1st rd picks limited usage.  I have multiple bets on kincaids season stats.  

Doesn’t this heavily skew your input to team strategy discussion on this board?   It’s interesting that fandom in places has in 2023 morphed some tone into fantasy/bet/$$ mindset but we here don’t always know the motives. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah…. “Mind boggling”….. meanwhile we give Deonte Harty 5 touches.   🙄 

the game wasn’t decided until the middle of the 3rd qtr.  it is most definitely mind boggling that we aren’t using our 2nd most talented pass catcher after throwing his two 1 yard passes in the first minute.  

yes, we played a great game…..but I promise you one thing, mcdermott isn’t happy about everything that happened on the field.  There are things he’d like to see us do differently.  There are things us, as fans, would like us to do differently.

”mind boggling”.  🤣 

The offensive game plan/calling in my opinion wasn’t good and I was critical during the game day threads

To your point, not enough Kincaid.

Way too many 2nd and long runs.

And that 4th and inches pass.

But really, just hours after a 37-3 win we are going to complain?

So ya, they are legit points. But given the circumstances after a blow out win, it’s “mind boggling” to me that’s what some people are “most” focused on

Edited by BillsFan130

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.