Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

16 hours ago, appoo said:

They also have Christian Gonzalaz, Kyle Duggar, Jabrill Peppers, Jonathan Jones and Jalen Mills - all 5 of whom might be faster than any Bills rotational secondary player

Perhaps, but the Bills seem to do just fine with what they have...likely because they are fundamentally sound and usually in the right positions.

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Perhaps, but the Bills seem to do just fine with what they have...likely because they are fundamentally sound and usually in the right positions.

Agreed.  I think this game will be very telling about our Safety situation this season.

Can our cerebral/fundamental play back there match up well enough against the speed and looks Miami can throw at us?

As far as our corner play.. Without Elam getting any run, we don’t have burners, but if you look at the coverage metrics through 3 games.. Tre is holding his own and Benford/Johnson are elite.  

We also have a top 5 DL and likely the fastest linebacker duo in the league. 

As obnoxious as the ESPN analysts can be.. Bart and RC do make a good point about their run game vs our Nickel looks with Bernard/Milano as undersized linebackers.   Going to be real interesting to see if we can slow down their rushing attack and force them to throw the ball.. as counterproductive as that sounds with their weapons. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I hope so as this game worries me. Can the Buffalo secondary keep up with all their speed?

If they win both teams are 3-1 and Buffalo has the edge. If they lose 2-2 vs 4-0 yikes.

A shame Von isn't playing.

People keep saying this like they have Ferraris and we have Cavaliers. Their guys are like 1/4 - 1/2 second faster over 40 yards.  Yes, the speed absolutely matters but we play mostly zone defense.  We aren't running with them from the line all the way through the play.  What matters is we disrupt their timing, get to the ball, take good angles, and don't miss tackles. Maintain zone integrity and don't give too much space.  Hold tough in the redzone where speed doesn't matter as much. Make them kick fg's.  Offense needs to maintain drives, put it in the endzone, don't turn over the ball.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

People keep saying this like they have Ferraris and we have Cavaliers. Their guys are like 1/4 - 1/2 second faster over 40 yards.  Yes, the speed absolutely matters but we play mostly zone defense.  We aren't running with them from the line all the way through the play.  What matters is we disrupt their timing, get to the ball, take good angles, and don't miss tackles. Maintain zone integrity and don't give too much space.  Hold tough in the redzone where speed doesn't matter as much. Make them kick fg's.  Offense needs to maintain drives, put it in the endzone, don't turn over the ball.

I think McDermott will have the defense ready. I don't see the Dolphins scoring more than 27 points. That's a lot, but I can easily see the Bills offense scoring more than that. In other words, the Bills are likely to score more points against the Miami defense than the Miami offense against the Bills defense. 

Genius, ain't I? 😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

I think McDermott will have the defense ready. I don't see the Dolphins scoring more than 27 points. That's a lot, but I can easily see the Bills offense scoring more than that. In other words, the Bills are likely to score more points against the Miami defense than the Miami offense against the Bills defense. 

Genius, ain't I? 😁

i'd be surprised if either team lets the other score more than 30 points.

• Like (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/alexbrasky/status/1707154174914232442?s=20

“I just feel like it’s not any different from any away game,” said Hill, “They got a great team. I feel like the fan base is just like any other fan base. So it’s gonna be just like a normal environment, you know, to us.”

Edited by BillsFan4

I have no idea if this was mentioned at all on here, but I would like to think that Sherfield could be a bit of a factor this week maybe giving good insight on how the Miami offense likes to attack certain defensive looks and what could disrupt it. Might not be a big factor but anyway we could possibly slow that offense down even just a bit could be huge in this game imo.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.