Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Thank goodness I was looking for a thread like this.

I confess that I don't know a ton about the Washington strengths/weaknesses outside of that Howell is not elite. I will appreciate all insight 

Howell isn't elite by any means but can make plays. Looked pretty good in the second half last week. Can extend plays with his legs and has a lot of underrated weapons around him.

False bravado from some aside, this week will be a real good test for this team IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Thank goodness I was looking for a thread like this.

I confess that I don't know a ton about the Washington strengths/weaknesses outside of that Howell is not elite. I will appreciate all insight 

They profile like a better version of the Raiders, while still not being great. Weapons at RB and WR, great players on DL (not just 1), probably vulnerable behind them. Howell is still very green but actually shows some promise for them. Bills should win, and are capable of winning by a lot, but Washington is capable of keeping it close, and if the Bills don't feel like showing up, they could steal one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Howell isn't elite by any means but can make plays. Looked pretty good in the second half last week. Can extend plays with his legs and has a lot of underrated weapons around him.

False bravado from some aside, this week will be a real good test for this team IMO.

Oh, I'm not saying we consider him to be a turnover factory but how I see us match up is different when you need to worry about arm magic bullsheisse from Mahommes and Burrow, or dual threat nightmares from Jackson or Hurts.

Honestly, last weeks gameplan is looking like a good starting point: shut down the run and trust our CBs to make plays knowing they will infuriatingly get burned but ride it out.

On offense, keep a balanced rushing attack to keep their D-line at bay and take what they give us in the passing game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Oh, I'm not saying we consider him to be a turnover factory but how I see us match up is different when you need to worry about arm magic bullsheisse from Mahommes and Burrow, or dual threat nightmares from Jackson or Hurts.

Honestly, last weeks gameplan is looking like a good starting point: shut down the run and trust our CBs to make plays knowing they will infuriatingly get burned but ride it out.

On offense, keep a balanced rushing attack to keep their D-line at bay and take what they give us in the passing game 

Nice assessment. 

There seems to be a whole rejuvenated energy with their fanbase as well since the removal of Dan Snyder as well. Which is good for them IMO. Still a winnable game, for sure. Washington DBs gave up some deep shots to Wilson last week so I'm hoping there is some opportunities downfield as well. Josh just needs to be patient and wait until they present. I feel like it's going to be much tighter than the Raider game, however.

• Like (+1) 1

I know a lot of Bills fans in the Mid-Atlantic are traveling over for this one.  It's been a beautiful September in Maryland unfortunately for this Sunday, pack your rain gear.  There's a low pressure system predicted to move up the coastline Saturday into Sunday.  Breezy (gusts to 30 mph) and rainy.  With any luck it will arrive sooner, early Saturday and not be as bad for Sunday at 1pm.  But be prepared for lousy weather.

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

This matchup feels very similar to the Raiders. Some pass rush, great RB, okay QB.

Hoping for similar results!

Well if by great you mean bottom 5 in the NFL in RB ok....

I agree on pass rush, but generally it is not as good as they say, and a bit overrated. 

Howell is a guy. If you rack and stack them he would still be a bottom 10 QB. 

I want to respect all our opponents, but this one should be a Bills W. These guys are 2-0 and looking to keep rolling, but I figure we roll them. 

• Simon pinned this topic

Even in week 3 gotta be careful for the

lookahead to the fins. 
Commanders are scrappy but have some definite holes Russell Wilson before their second half collapse made some nice throws over the secondary.

O has some weapons but Howell gets sacked a ton he’s been sacked 10 times in 2 games and been hit a ton more.

Never overlook anyone but simply put if the Buffalo Bills bring their A or B game on Sunday this game will be over by late 3rd quarter. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

16 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Well if by great you mean bottom 5 in the NFL in RB ok....

I agree on pass rush, but generally it is not as good as they say, and a bit overrated. 

Howell is a guy. If you rack and stack them he would still be a bottom 10 QB. 

I want to respect all our opponents, but this one should be a Bills W. These guys are 2-0 and looking to keep rolling, but I figure we roll them. 

That's not really the case IMO. 

Robinson is really good between the tackles. Has a good burst for a bigger back. After 2 weeks he is currently has the 7th most rush yards in the NFL averaging 73 yards a game.

Antonio Gibson, former WR converted to RB. Has speed. He can be a matchup issue and  last time we played Washington dude took a pass 73 yards for a score. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.