Sergio Brown Missing, Mother Found Dead

HurlyBurly51

6 hours ago, boyst said:

the whole CTE thing is so funny because that crazy doctor who ranted and raved about it then the movie.

studies have show that people who have played any contact sports are 9% of that population, and then about 3% of the population who never played a contact sport have been shown to have it.

that 6% isn't much when talking millions and millions of children every sport season playing contact sports. the study i remember reading back when the terrible movie was out listed sports like basketball, soccer, ice hockey, football, and even water polo as contact sports.

now, i'm sure the chances go up when you play for longer periods but there have not been any studies i've seen where it is "worse" or graded higher due to amount of injury. if you have cte you simply have cte and the symptoms are pretty cut and dry.

also, read a while back that a lot of military folks are getting it, and this included men who are in the heavy weaponry who are subject to the shockwaves of the large calibre munitions. 

Not a med professional obv, but i remember during autopsy them saying his was by far the worst case theyve ever seen, and it was polka dotted with dead spots

I have no clue, but having many dead spots sounds a helluva lot scarier than less do

3 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Who Bob Marley?  He did write the song I Shot The Sheriff but I didn't Shoot the Deputy, if I'm not mistsken...   sec for me to google it....  nope Eric Clapton wrote it but Bob Marley and the Wailers had a hit singing it.  

You have it backwards. Bob Marley wrote it. Eric Clapton did a cover of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not a med professional obv, but i remember during autopsy them saying his was by far the worst case theyve ever seen, and it was polka dotted with dead spots

I have no clue, but having many dead spots sounds a helluva lot scarier than less do

Come to the home opener tailgate. Polka doted dead spots is easy to spot amongst our crowd. 😝

3 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Who Bob Marley?  He did write the song I Shot The Sheriff but I didn't Shoot the Deputy, if I'm not mistsken...   sec for me to google it....  nope Eric Clapton wrote it but Bob Marley and the Wailers had a hit singing it.  

Huh? What Google you reading? The FakeInfo version? 

Marley wrote it and Clapton had a hit with it.

Anyway... The sheriff and deputy are the same person.  He shot the sheriff, the man, title... BUT NOT the "deputy" of the law.

Any it's all immaterial... Even if Marley acknowledges that when judged by God, if Marley was wrong he will pay.  "...if I am guilty (in the eyes of God/Ja) I will pay..."

Wow... Not really too hard to understand,  but I am still amazed a lot of people swing & miss on this one!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Yes, those are stages but not significance of intensity. 

At least by my knowledge cte is cte and continues to develop. Obviously more contact creates more likelihood but by all accounts I've seen it doesn't intensify or change by getting hit harder, or longer, or any such thing.

The only thing that goes up is the likelihood for it by deduction.

And even then the difference between the control group was 6%. Not staggering. 

This is just not true. There is a direct relationship between # of years of football played and not just likelihood of CTE, but also severity of CTE. Per a recent BU study: "Every additional year playing football was associated with 15% increased odds of a CTE diagnosis and, for those with CTE, 14% increased odds of severe CTE." Also, "Every 1,000 additional estimated blows to the head conferred 21% increased odds of a CTE diagnosis, and 13% increased odds of developing severe CTE." https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/how-football-raises-risk-chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Huh? What Google you reading? The FakeInfo version? 

Marley wrote it and Clapton had a hit with it.

Anyway... The sheriff and deputy are the same person.  He shot the sheriff, the man, title... BUT NOT the "deputy" of the law.

Any it's all immaterial... Even if Marley acknowledges that when judged by God, if Marley was wrong he will pay.  "...if I am guilty (in the eyes of God/Ja) I will pay..."

Wow... Not really too hard to understand,  but I am still amazed a lot of people swing & miss on this one!

I actually did initially remember it as Marley wrote  it and I googled it and I indeed trusted it would bring back correct info, it did not.  Guess I should know better but i do like being able to confirm most things  online.  

I also don't want to auto assume my memory is correct  though it usually is very solid and I know I'm technically partially braindead from the stroke and I'm sure the area they had to cut a path thru to seal off my ruptured aneurysm is toast as well.   So I will try to confirm with Google or other search engines.  I do usually trust my first thought on info I have knowledge of.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, KellysHandWarmer said:

This is just not true. There is a direct relationship between # of years of football played and not just likelihood of CTE, but also severity of CTE. Per a recent BU study: "Every additional year playing football was associated with 15% increased odds of a CTE diagnosis and, for those with CTE, 14% increased odds of severe CTE." Also, "Every 1,000 additional estimated blows to the head conferred 21% increased odds of a CTE diagnosis, and 13% increased odds of developing severe CTE." https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/how-football-raises-risk-chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy

So, the margin remains 6% in a control group. Now I'm not a major stat dude. But that's not a very overwhelming number to the energy manifested by those who cry about CTE.

Thks is just an article where the number stuck in my head because they used a control group vs many studies that didn't.

The chances of going up, sure that's impressive but it's also a compounded stat so it's not quite as impressive.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 9:49 PM, AuntieEm said:

Indeed until they find him he could be either the perpetrator but he could also maybe deceased some a here or he is being held by some criminals that robbed the mothers home while both were there.  They maybe killed the mother during break-in  then weren't leaving any witnesses so Sergio was taken  he could be hurt or deceased.  That's what the investigation is for  to find the truth on what happened.   I say prayers that he's ok and wasn't responsible for his mom's murder.

Yea would be very bad if he was with his mom and some unknown parties are responsible for killing his mom and kidnapped him to make it seem he is the person who killed her.  He may be totally innocent b of that  or be totally responsible.  Until the investigation is concluded to I'd the suspected perpetrators this is just a bad situation.

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

why would dude re-enter the US from mexico? assuming even his modest salary (by nfl standards) had him set for life

Just guessing that he isn’t very sound of mind right now and might be struggling with decision making. Just a guess though. 

what a depressing story. 

• Agree 1

On 9/19/2023 at 9:13 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Smoke a little weed, that will calm his paranoia down. 😏 I hear it works wonders for that. 

I used to smoke alot from 17-25 but now in my 30s  it usually gets me paranoid. I have to be drinking to enjoy it cause it helps alleviate the anxiety 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I used to smoke alot from 17-25 but now in my 30s  it usually gets me paranoid. I have to be drinking to enjoy it cause it helps alleviate the anxiety 

paranoid to cashout $30 in chips and candy bars, not, "my mother works for the fbi and is trying to kill me" paranoid

54 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Janine Talley is cool as hell and a strong person... props to her... I used to talk to her back and forth occasionally on Twitter before it went to hell.

lol ill never forget the post about aging and not being able to be folded into a pretzel 🤣 #wifeGoals

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

paranoid to cashout $30 in chips and candy bars, not, "my mother works for the fbi and is trying to kill me" paranoid

lol ill never forget the post about aging and not being able to be folded into a pretzel 🤣 #wifeGoals

lol. Ya it's not violent or anything,  it's just not enjoyable.  Brings up thoughts about meaningless bs that gives me anxiety but certain syrains I can enjoy but it's rare

18 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

She really said that??? Wow haha.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.