Sergio Brown Missing, Mother Found Dead

HurlyBurly51

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Sergio Brown (hope this is not a spoiler since name not in subject( went to Notre Dame and was only with Bills at the tail end of his career.  More of a Cheat than Bill.  Only started 15 games in his career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowSe00.htm

image.thumb.png.02661531fe242560fb2e5da8693706e5.png

It’s not a spoiler for those who actually read the article. 

• Like (+1) 1

Former NFL player Sergio Brown is missing after his mother’s death was ruled a homicide

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/17/us/sergio-brown-missing-mother-dead/index.html

Updated 5:19 PM EDT, Mon September 18, 2023

Authorities discovered the body of 73-year-old Myrtle Brown on Saturday after relatives alerted police they’d been unable to find or contact her or her son, the department said in a news release.

The Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office determined Myrtle Brown died from injuries related to an assault, and the manner of death was ruled a homicide, according to spokesperson Natalia Derevyanny.

Sergio Brown’s brother on Sunday took to social media to ask for help in finding him.

“My brother Sergio is still missing,” Nick Brown wrote on Instagram. “If anyone knows where he is I want him to know that I love you and please come home.”

The investigation continues, according to Nick Brown, who asked people not to approach the family’s property and contact Maywood police with any information about his brother’s whereabouts.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He could be kidnapped? 

Indeed until they find him he could be either the perpetrator but he could also maybe deceased some a here or he is being held by some criminals that robbed the mothers home while both were there.  They maybe killed the mother during break-in  then weren't leaving any witnesses so Sergio was taken  he could be hurt or deceased.  That's what the investigation is for  to find the truth on what happened.   I say prayers that he's ok and wasn't responsible for his mom's murder.

Edited by AuntieEm

So Sergio's mother is found dead 100 yards behind their home that they share, no one hears from Sergio for a few days, he pops up in Mexico and is blaming the FBI or police department for killing her.

He appears to have a LOT of mental issues and him fleeing does not look good, nor does his (seemingly) lack of care in the video. "she's just on vacation"

https://www.vibe.com/news/entertainment/nfl-star-sergio-brown-resurfaces-mother-dead-1234791756/

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

So Sergio's mother is found dead 100 yards behind their home that they share, no one hears from Sergio for a few days, he pops up in Mexico and is blaming the FBI or police department for killing her.

He appears to have a LOT of mental issues and him fleeing does not look good, nor does his (seemingly) lack of care in the video. "she's just on vacation"

https://www.vibe.com/news/entertainment/nfl-star-sergio-brown-resurfaces-mother-dead-1234791756/

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

"Ex-NFL star Sergio Brown"?

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

no i'm not, just my first thought was different. 

My first thought is if theý have evidence he committed matricide then a good lawyer will go with the cte mental illness therefore he needs commitment to an psych ward until he is cured and given no cures for cte brain damage that's a life sentence in a secured psych ward. I assume there still are some as crimes of that nature likely occur more frequently as more in society suffer those  issues.

Brown surfaced on SocialMedia:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/former-nfl-player-sergio-brown-appears-to-resurface-in-rambling-video-as-cops-probe-mother-s-death-as-homicide/ar-AA1gXkaf

He said the FBI did it...

...Shhhh, whoop whoop that's the sound of the BlackOps helo rotors!

😕😞

They came in on Bob Marley day.

Yeah... People are handling weed juuust fine folks! 😏 

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

My first thought is if theý have evidence he committed matricide then a good lawyer will go with the cte mental illness therefore he needs commitment to an psych ward until he is cured and given no cures for cte brain damage that's a life sentence in a secured psych ward. I assume there still are some as crimes of that nature likely occur more frequently as more in society suffer those  issues.

the whole CTE thing is so funny because that crazy doctor who ranted and raved about it then the movie.

studies have show that people who have played any contact sports are 9% of that population, and then about 3% of the population who never played a contact sport have been shown to have it.

that 6% isn't much when talking millions and millions of children every sport season playing contact sports. the study i remember reading back when the terrible movie was out listed sports like basketball, soccer, ice hockey, football, and even water polo as contact sports.

now, i'm sure the chances go up when you play for longer periods but there have not been any studies i've seen where it is "worse" or graded higher due to amount of injury. if you have cte you simply have cte and the symptoms are pretty cut and dry.

also, read a while back that a lot of military folks are getting it, and this included men who are in the heavy weaponry who are subject to the shockwaves of the large calibre munitions. 

In another video posted to his Instagram story Tuesday, Brown, 35, referenced the film “Finding Nemo,” repeating the movie’s famous line, “just keep swimming, just keep swimming.”

“Missing? They ain’t never seen Finding Nemo?” he said. “This is traumatic. Lucky I know how to say a joke.”

Police said Tuesday they were aware of the posts and are “looking into its authenticity.” The former safety who played college football for Notre Dame and played professionally most recently for the Buffalo Bills is still considered a missing person, Maywood Police Department spokesperson Carmen Rivera said.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's the real killer...

Who Bob Marley?  He did write the song I Shot The Sheriff but I didn't Shoot the Deputy, if I'm not mistsken...   sec for me to google it....  nope Eric Clapton wrote it but Bob Marley and the Wailers had a hit singing it.  

• Simon changed the title to Sergio Brown Missing, Mother Found Dead

I had a coworker flip out like this stating that my boss was trained by agency (which agency varied) was going to kill me when I went to work to renew my badge.  He also said another coworker was training by Red China / North Korea.

This sound this is going to be resolved by police catching guy and sent to asylum for examination.

4 hours ago, boyst said:

the whole CTE thing is so funny because that crazy doctor who ranted and raved about it then the movie.

studies have show that people who have played any contact sports are 9% of that population, and then about 3% of the population who never played a contact sport have been shown to have it.

that 6% isn't much when talking millions and millions of children every sport season playing contact sports. the study i remember reading back when the terrible movie was out listed sports like basketball, soccer, ice hockey, football, and even water polo as contact sports.

now, i'm sure the chances go up when you play for longer periods but there have not been any studies i've seen where it is "worse" or graded higher due to amount of injury. if you have cte you simply have cte and the symptoms are pretty cut and dry.

also, read a while back that a lot of military folks are getting it, and this included men who are in the heavy weaponry who are subject to the shockwaves of the large calibre munitions. 

The amount of high risk collisions in college and pro football accounts for the numerous cases of CTE, and to lump it in with all of the other contact sports is disingenuous. The man still played college and professional football and it is still very much a possibility, even though this snap counts were not nearly as high as others who played in the NFL for 7 years.

The percentage chance of someone in munitions in today's US armed forces getting CTE is probably much lower compared with football players exposed to a lot of high risk collisions.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The amount of high risk collisions in college and pro football accounts for the numerous cases of CTE, and to lump it in with all of the other contact sports is disingenuous. The man still played college and professional football and it is still very much a possibility, even though this snap counts were not nearly as high as others who played in the NFL for 7 years.

The percentage chance of someone in munitions in today's US armed forces getting CTE is probably much lower compared with football players exposed to a lot of high risk collisions.

Uh huh. But if there are obviously so many cases of people having it and it is essentially a disease without levels of degree than why are more people not committing these crimes, behaving this way, or just having the same attention or problems?

The point isn't that there could be more likelihood to get it playing in the NFL vs football in middle school. It's that the statistic isn't that much different for those who didn't play sports and get it. And then again, that if it truly is 9% of all contact sports players why aren't we seeing a rugby player out there being a jerk and then we just excuse his ray rice incident because he got bopped in the head?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, boyst said:

there have not been any studies i've seen where it is "worse" or graded higher due to amount of injury. if you have cte you simply have cte and the symptoms are pretty cut and dry.

?? CTE has four distinct stages, graded by amount of brain damage. The degree of impairment varies greatly by stage:

fneur-10-00713-g001.jpg

28 minutes ago, KellysHandWarmer said:

?? CTE has four distinct stages, graded by amount of brain damage. The degree of impairment varies greatly by stage:

fneur-10-00713-g001.jpg

Yes, those are stages but not significance of intensity. 

At least by my knowledge cte is cte and continues to develop. Obviously more contact creates more likelihood but by all accounts I've seen it doesn't intensify or change by getting hit harder, or longer, or any such thing.

The only thing that goes up is the likelihood for it by deduction.

And even then the difference between the control group was 6%. Not staggering. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.