Stop blaming Josh Allen

Bills Bud

30 minutes ago, zow2 said:

On The Herd show today, James Jones said Allen's turnover issues cannot be corrected.  This is Josh.  He used his experiences with Brett Favre and described the "gunslinger" mentality as basically meaning "careless with the football".  He said the good outweighs the bad so Josh should be OK but don't expect the turnovers to just dramatically slow down or cease to happen.

Who the hell is James Jones and why do we care what he said?

He's manifestly incorrect about turnover issues and Josh.

I Love My 'Artwork' so Imma gonna display it. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.9ae3f2b2423351cf4834f97cc1db152a.JPG

Facts: from the 4th game of Josh's 2nd season 2019, until the last 3rd of 2021, there was a significant decrease in Josh's multi-interception games.  Josh was not "careless with the football".

If it could be changed then, it can be changed now.  It's a matter of getting to grips with the problem, understanding what's driving it, then Josh choosing to buy in to whatever is needed to fix it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I have not read this entire thread, but based on the title "Stop Blaming Josh Allen" I disagree, at least in part.  To the extent blame is being distributed about the loss, it really does fall on Josh.  He's the one who turned the ball over 4 times, at least 2 of which were terrible decisions that could and should have been avoided.  He agrees and blames himself, so I don't think that fans on the message board agreeing with that will drive him out of town.  Allen loves Buffalo and he knows how passionate Buffalo fans are.  Any criticism was duly earned and duly accepted by Josh.

That said, it's time to move on to Week 2 and the Raiders.  Allen and the Bills know how and why they blew Monday night's game and they will adjust accordingly.  I anticipate a very good performance on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

no other effin quarterback i would want on my bills.  i do wish he would stop swearing.  

I wish I could take Allen’s blue collar personality and pair it with Mahomes’ skill. That’s the ultimate QB I’d want. But if I can’t have that, I’d take Mahomes straight up if given an option to have any other QB in the league. I’d be tempted by Burrow, but no, Mahomes is the only one I’d trade Allen for. He just needs to get back the mojo he once had. He hasn’t been sharp for over half a season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You can love the player, love the person, and still be annoyed as hell by the bad habits he's falling into. 

That doesn't mean you want him gone or don't support him. It means you want to see him turn it around for himself and for the team. 

Saying "whatever you do is great!" when they are self destructing isn't really supporting someone. 

IMO, he is not in a good place mentally. Starting his presser Monday with "same **** different place" is a window into his psyche. That's a "here we go again" type statement, and THAT needs to be addressed by the coaching staff ASAP before it becomes a thing. 

So much of football is the mental aspect. If the 4th Bills Super Bowl game was played in mid October the Bills win by 20 points. Aikman couldn't see straight because he was so concussed and Dallas assumed the Bills would finally get one. But they were mentally fragile and the "here we go again" stuff started the second adversity hit. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

giphy.gif

Maybe we just need a coach that shows some passion and anger when it's deserved and appropriate.

Instead of the clappy...happy....itis syndrome that we get now.

giphy.gif

I mean you used an example of McClappy clapping while the Bills are up 24-6 almost mid 4th quarter lol.  Just sayin

19 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm sure Allen is oblivious to the reaction as he should be.  My point is that the reaction is EXTREME and OVER THE TOP.  Obviously after a game like that fans will be pissed and they should be.  But just look at all the "Allen sucks" threads on 2BD and the vitriol being poured out in post after post after post for ONE bad performance in the season opener.  Frankly, it's psychotic.

Nah.

I mean, granted, the reactions are always over the top after a bad loss. That's not just a Bills fan thing, it's a human thing. Every team's fans do it.

But no, these reactions are simply NOT over the top. They aren't. Saying we should look for another QB, that would be over the top. Saying this shows that Allen isn't very good, that would be over the top.

But saying this was an absolutely awful game by Allen ... that's right on target. In the bullseye. It's anything but psychotic. It makes total sense. It's seeing it the way it is. I'm sure there are a few posts that are over the top. There are always a few nuts and flakes out there. Most of this reaction is completely legitimate.

12 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I have not read this entire thread, but based on the title "Stop Blaming Josh Allen" I disagree, at least in part.  To the extent blame is being distributed about the loss, it really does fall on Josh.  He's the one who turned the ball over 4 times, at least 2 of which were terrible decisions that could and should have been avoided.  He agrees and blames himself, so I don't think that fans on the message board agreeing with that will drive him out of town.  Allen loves Buffalo and he knows how passionate Buffalo fans are.  Any criticism was duly earned and duly accepted by Josh.

That said, it's time to move on to Week 2 and the Raiders.  Allen and the Bills know how and why they blew Monday night's game and they will adjust accordingly.  I anticipate a very good performance on Sunday.

Yup. Four turnovers.

Those TOs ended four of the Bills eleven drives. And directly resulted in 13 Jets points.

Horrible.

On 9/14/2023 at 10:52 PM, Nihilarian said:

It's a team game and the Buffalo QB shouldn't need to carry the game on his shoulders every week. Or need to play hero ball in an attempt to win the game?

Jets RB Breece Hall had 127 yards on 10 carries and that equates to 10.7 yards per carry. WTF, blame the Buffalo QB? Why can't Josh Allen stop the run? 

Meanwhile, Buffalo RB James Cook had 12 carries for 46 yards a 3.8-yard per carry. TO BUFFALO COACHES. Build a freaking ground-rushing game that works without the Bills QB being the leading rusher every year! 

Forgive me, didn't the Buffalo special teams give a TD score that won the game in OT for the NY Jets? WTF, blame the Buffalo QB, why didn't he jump into the game and trip up that Xavier Gipson return guy? 

TO BUFFALO COACHES. Build a defense that can stop the run. Just about every team the Bills face this season has a good ground game.

The NY Jets had the #4 overall defense last season with their best part being a top NFL secondary. So, the Buffalo game plan is to have the Buffalo QB attempt to throw all game...right into the teeth of that defense.  The 16 rushes by the Buffalo RBs clearly wasn't getting it done. I blame the coaches for this loss. 

17 points in regulation would have won the game.  They had 13 @ halftime.  It wasn't like it was 28-27 or such.  The defense and ST did more then enough to win.  This one was on Josh.  Asking for Josh to get 4+ points in a half is not asking for "hero ball".

Edited by The Red King

Pretty amazing, one week ago you couldn't post anything even vaguely critical of Allen without being down-voted and now it appears that to many people he is basically a slightly better version of Zach Wilson.

I expect that he will have a really good game tomorrow against a really bad defense and the board will swing back to Allen farts unicorn mode.

Edited by Billy Claude

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I'm not absolving Josh of this INT. He shoulda seen the safety and not made the throw.  However, it's just another instance of other players letting him down and not doing the right thing.  Morse is completely blown by, rushing Josh time to process. I dunno what receiver that is running to the middle. Is it Sherfield? In any case just another guy either running a terrible route that doesn't hold the safety or Dorsey not teaching this play correctly.  If that safety is held like he should have been thats probably a Diggs TD. At most an incompletion.  If Morse isn't blown up then Josh probably see's the safety.

Josh had a really bad game, but people are overboard with how bad it really was.  Other people effect his decisions too.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm not absolving Josh of this INT. He shoulda seen the safety and not made the throw.  However, it's just another instance of other players letting him down and not doing the right thing.  Morse is completely blown by, rushing Josh time to process. I dunno what receiver that is running to the middle. Is it Sherfield? In any case just another guy either running a terrible route that doesn't hold the safety or Dorsey not teaching this play correctly.  If that safety is held like he should have been thats probably a Diggs TD. At most an incompletion.  If Morse isn't blown up then Josh probably see's the safety.

Josh had a really bad game, but people are overboard with how bad it really was.  Other people effect his decisions too.

and what exactly do you disagree with @GunnerBill.  I absolutely hate when you take the time to leave an X on a post but can't take the time to give your point of view.

Morse got blown by. Thats a fact.

Shefield or whoever that receiver is ran a crap route. Thats a fact.

Josh shouldn't have thrown the ball there. Thats a fact.

My opinion is that any one of those 3 things changes and we get a different outcome.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.