Here are your Week 1 snap counts

Einstein

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I feel like I’ve seen some things about Shaq Lawson and some of the Bills draft woes. He’s not great but outside of some short stops elsewhere he’s been a productive player for us and keeps finding playing time regardless of who we draft and bring in. 

Kudos to Shaq.

Whaley pick

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

5 first downs, fast and decisive to the outside and against an excellent front. 

I liked when they ran him to the edges; it definitely created issues for the Jets front.

I liked it less when he opted to take it outside instead of working the play design.

I understand he's not built for contact, but I prefer my backs to do a bit less cutting the rug and a bit more running to the goalline.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I feel like I’ve seen some things about Shaq Lawson and some of the Bills draft woes. He’s not great but outside of some short stops elsewhere he’s been a productive player for us and keeps finding playing time regardless of who we draft and bring in. 

Kudos to Shaq.

May not get the QB pressure in the pocket, but he is excellent at setting the edge.  I remember a good hustle by him yesterday to contain Wilson and run him out of bounds.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Kudos to Shaq.

I was surprised to see Lawson get as much PT as he did. He made the most of his snaps and flashed a few times which was encouraging to see.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Simon said:

I liked when they ran him to the edges; it definitely created issues for the Jets front.

I liked it less when he opted to take it outside instead of working the play design.

I understand he's not built for contact, but I prefer my backs to do a bit less cutting the rug and a bit more running to the goalline.

I get that but he made three plaus where he cut outsids that Singletary would have been stoned for a loss on (Harris and Murray as well tbh). For this Bills offense I think the #1 thing they need from their running back is speed. And #2 is pass pro. I thought Cook did pretty was in protection. He has really improved in that regard. 

17 hours ago, FireChans said:

Kincaid being at 80% is shocking with 4 targets lol. What were they doing out there 

JA playing hero ball.  

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He did absolutely fine as the #1 back last night. Cook was far from the problem.

his usage was the problem.  Running him inside continually.  This should be a timeshare of Cook/Murry and Harris as 2nd.  

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He did absolutely fine as the #1 back last night. Cook was far from the problem.

18 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lol what game were you watching? 3.8 yards per, yuck 

An every down back that in a game your team essentially led all night had under 50 yards and 12 carries? That is the kind of game your guy gets 25 carries if he is an every down back. Clearly they dont think he is. I dont either. At Georgia his high was 12 carries in 4years. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

JA playing hero ball.  

his usage was the problem.  Running him inside continually.  This should be a timeshare of Cook/Murry and Harris as 2nd.  

He’s fine w Gilliam. And the OL just lining up under center and just going. This option run pass option lined up at the line - and then run /draw DOES not work

8 minutes ago, balln said:

He’s fine w Gilliam. And the OL just lining up under center and just going. This option run pass option lined up at the line - and then run /draw DOES not work

Agree with that. The Bills have been a bad shotgun run team ever since Chan left the building. It is ironic. Chan's offense was at times 90% shotgun runs and screens and now the two things we can't do are shotgun runs and screens. 

Cook acounted for 5 first downs rushing on his 12 runs, and at least two of them were from 4 yards and in - short yardage up the middle runs. 

If you take out the one 5 yard loss (Quinnen Williams blew up McGovern and Cook never had a chance) which was, surprise surprise from shotgun. He was 11 for 51, 4.6 per carry and 5 first downs. The people saying "he isn't a #1 back" on the basis of Monday have nothing to support their thesis when you actually look at the plays.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, eball said:

The All-22 is going to be damning for Josh, I fear.

Pointing blame at Dorsey and coaching for this loss is misguided. 

I gave you the disagree based on Dorsey and just my opinion that he should have tried to pound with Harris and Murray more in the third quarter. They signed them for this exact scenario I thought. Josh deserves his share no excuses for him. 
But a good coordinator knows his quarterback is struggling and might try some other options and see if they have some success. Worst case you milk some clock and hopefully tire out that jet d line for the 4th. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I gave you the disagree based on Dorsey and just my opinion that he should have tried to pound with Harris and Murray more in the third quarter. They signed them for this exact scenario I thought. Josh deserves his share no excuses for him. 
But a good coordinator knows his quarterback is struggling and might try some other options and see if they have some success. Worst case you milk some clock and hopefully tire out that jet d line for the 4th. 

Two of Josh's TOs were on back-to-back plays in the 4th quarter.  He doesn't make just ONE of those and the Bills win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just don't understand why Gabe has to play so much at the expense of Shakir. 

He runs two routes. 

We talk about Defensive Line rotations, Gabe Davis needs to be put in a rotation with Sherfield, Harty and Shakir immediately. 

He was in a bit of a rotation with Sherfield. They had some 2 WR sets with Diggs and Trent. I was actually surprised to see his snap count. My instinct was he missed more than 2 or 3 plays. 

I wouldn't put Shakir in though. I haven't seen anything to make me think he has earned it. Poor camp and pre-season.

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Two of Josh's TOs were on back-to-back plays in the 4th quarter.  He doesn't make just ONE of those and the Bills win.

Agreed. But the run game is never going to work if they don’t dedicate some attempts to it. There’s a balance in there somewhere to protect josh from himself when he doesn’t have his A game. As a fan I’m not sure I will ever support Damien Harris out of the shotgun or split out wide as a receiver.  
I joked in another thread dick Jauron probably wins that game if he coaches the second half. Run, run, and if it’s 3rd and short run again. If you get 3rd and long throw a screen or take the leash off Allen. A healthy dose of power run very well closes that game out if they get in any kind of run block rhythm. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Murray over Harris was interesting. I'm of the belief Harris should be the starter and they should mix in Cook for a change of pace and Murray could be short yardage as needed

None of our RBs are 3-down RBs.  Murray while versatile, is also nearly 34 which excludes him otherwise.  

They'll need to role-play with them all season.  

17 hours ago, eball said:

The All-22 is going to be damning for Josh, I fear.

2:57 mark 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe9msExUK8

Edited by PBF81

27 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just don't understand why Gabe has to play so much at the expense of Shakir. 

He runs two routes. 

We talk about Defensive Line rotations, Gabe Davis needs to be put in a rotation with Sherfield, Harty and Shakir immediately. 

Agreed. Shakir has potential for a faster Hines ward. I thot he’s heady / tough / good catch and get upfield guy when they throw to him underneath to pick up firsts. 

which is even more puzzling why he plays so little and gabe so much. Needed to knife and carve up jets underneath. Gabe is becoming a black hole for targets 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.