Beane’s failures on full display

Shanahan's Horseshoe

5 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

1. Spencer Brown sucks. That’s it. He sucks and Beane had plenty of chances to bring in competition. Josh doesn’t trust him. 

2. MLB is a disaster and not bringing in a vet to compete was an obvious blunder. Bernard just jumping into gaps was something I’ve never seen before from a NFL MLB. 

3. Cook is not a lead back and has never been a lead back. Not in high school, not in college and certainly not in the NFL. You could sneeze on the guy and he’d fall down. 

Josh was terrible today and Dorsey was brutal but Beane’s failures were on full display tonight. 

Brown had a couple bad things including the false start.  Overall held up OK

Bernard was not the reason they had a couple great runs, and overall the D held them all game.

Cook was gaining a lot of yards going outside, and we win the game if Josh got the ball a little farther out when Cook beat his guy in that wheel route.

This game was on Josh.  He sucked.

5 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

1. Spencer Brown sucks. That’s it. He sucks and Beane had plenty of chances to bring in competition. Josh doesn’t trust him. 

2. MLB is a disaster and not bringing in a vet to compete was an obvious blunder. Bernard just jumping into gaps was something I’ve never seen before from a NFL MLB. 

3. Cook is not a lead back and has never been a lead back. Not in high school, not in college and certainly not in the NFL. You could sneeze on the guy and he’d fall down. 

Josh was terrible today and Dorsey was brutal but Beane’s failures were on full display tonight. 

Many of Beane’s picks made plays last night. Allen gave the game away.

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That was the weird part. I thought Harris was going to get significant carries. Running Cook between the tackles makes me cringe. 

Harris looked really slow. I wonder if his knee is still bothering him. 

5 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

3.8 yards / carry...he's singletary...

You're about a yard short of him being Singletary. 

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Many of Beane’s picks made plays last night. Allen gave the game away.

Floyd was outstanding also. Can’t imagine our pass rush once Von is healthy.

The Jets give Allen problems because they challenge our receivers to make plays. Allen is a great QB but he’s not the best at sitting in the pocket and going through progressions. If he doesn’t see something he likes he bails the pocket. Jets defense is also very disciplined. It’s a defense you have to dink and dunk against.

• Agree 1

C'mon, we lost because the jets do something simple and do it great: they dared Josh to throw deep while covering and tackling great.

The underneath stuff was there all day, but it left us just shy of the first a couple times so Allen ate the cheese and pressed and made horrible horrible decisions.

One int was thrown w a jet in his face, but the other three turnovers were moronic choices Allen made without heavy durress.

6 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

He had 1 solo tackle at halftime. 

Finished with 4 solo and 7 assists. Looked fast but was pushed around on a few plays I saw. Still, pretty big adjustment to do that in two quarters.

Milano was insane. Tre is also back for the most part. He essentially shut Wilson down outside of that crazy end zone catch. Floyd was super impressive. The defensive was actually pretty damn good. 

Tre also missed a tackle on the huge run.  

4 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Agree, placing this loss on anyone other than our QB or OC is dumb.  They really are the only two who had awful games.  

I don’t know about Dorsey yet. Obviously can’t say good things but I want to see if Allen wasn’t seeing open receiving targets. He had a great call to Cook and Allen missed him.

I also felt there were a couple plays that broke down immediately after snap like someone didn’t know the play so Allen kept it and ran up the middle.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

He had 1 solo tackle at halftime. 

Finished with 4 solo and 7 assists. Looked fast but was pushed around on a few plays I saw. Still, pretty big adjustment to do that in two quarters.

Milano was insane. Tre is also back for the most part. He essentially shut Wilson down outside of that crazy end zone catch. Floyd was super impressive. Th

Tre is back huh? You realize it was his missed tackle that surrendered the really long hall run, right?

And that wasn't his only miss.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Allen looks exactly like a raw rookie, not a franchise QB going into his sixth season…bailing the pocket at the first sign of trouble, forcing the ball to blanketed receivers, not seeing open guys…this s**t needs to get figured out in a hurry.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

3.8 yards / carry...he's singletary...

You do realize that the Jets have one of the best defensive fronts in football, yes? 

Any discussion on why the Bills lost this football games starts and ends with Josh Allen's moronic decision making and inability to not put the ball in harms way

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billznut said:

I firmly believe Allen sees Dorsey as a peer than more of a boss or superior.  Allen hand picked Dorsey to succeed Daboll. It wouldn’t have happened unless Josh agreed to it. I think the single best thing the Bills could do is replace Dorsey with a seasoned veteran OC with a winning and proven resume that would hopefully instantly wake up Allen and give him someone he respects, believes, listens to. Allen needs a superior as OC, not a peer. 

Letting josh pick his own OC was a headscratcher immediately when it happened so no shocker there

6 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

This game is on 17. Plain and simple.  Dude looked absolutely lost. Made horrendous throws. I mean throwing into double and triple coverage.. Inexcusable.  I'm not even upset like usual, they deserved the L. It was like a continuation of the Bengals game for the O. The D was fine. 

Zch Wilson outplayed him

Edited by JerseyBills

39 minutes ago, mannc said:

Allen looks exactly like a raw rookie, not a franchise QB going into his sixth season…bailing the pocket at the first sign of trouble, forcing the ball to blanketed receivers, not seeing open guys…this s**t needs to get figured out in a hurry.

Yup. Very concerning.  

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Brown had a couple bad things including the false start.  Overall held up OK

Bernard was not the reason they had a couple great runs, and overall the D held them all game.

Cook was gaining a lot of yards going outside, and we win the game if Josh got the ball a little farther out when Cook beat his guy in that wheel route.

This game was on Josh.  He sucked.

Kyle Allen might have won this game 

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I’ve been pretty hard on Beane at times. But today just about every unit played somewhere between well and lights out except…..QB. 

I guess maybe there was some meh at RB up the middle. Also one play where Bernard got hilariously knocked on his ash. 

Agreed. On the whole the team played well enough to win, but not so great to where they could overcome the litany of errors committed by their franchise qb

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.