I had an epiphany last night...

ALLinALLEN

I'm solidly in the don-t-count-the-chickens-they're-hatched party.

Kincaid hasn't proven himself against NFL competition.  And Dorsey hasn't proven he can scheme up a TE-heavy, Kelce-like passing attack.  

I see the potential.  I hope it all works out.   But I lived in Missouri for a while when I was in college; maybe a little of their Show-Me attitude rubbed off.  

The most eye opening aspect I see with Kincaid -and yes, there are many impressive aspects to his game, is his feel for where he is on the field in relation to other players. He separates better than Beasley in impromptu scenarios and he hasn’t officially ran a play in a meaningful game. He WILL make himself available when Josh is on the run.

• Like (+1) 2

It's unfortunate that our expectations for Kincaid are drawing comparisons to Travis Kelce due to what we've watched KC do to us in the past.  Kelce is already on the Mount Rushmore of all time tight ends and will probably be remembered as the greatest ever.  If Kincaid can get 600 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie it will be a big success but a bunch of people here will criticize him for not being an all pro immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I assume you are talking about Chigoziem Okonkwo from the Titans here. A few things to consider. 

- His QBs were Tannehill, Dobbs and Willis. They combined for 456 pass attempts last season.

- Allen attempted 567. Over 100 more targets for pass catchers here than on the run oriented Titans offense.

- Allen had, by my count 181 of his attempts aimed at either the TE or slot receiver last year. If roughly the same amount come this year those targets I would expect to be split between DK, Sherfield, Harty and Shakir (to a lesser extent). And just my hunch, but I suspect DK will out snap or draw even with Sherfield and Harty in the slot. 

- While Okonkwo did occasionally line up all over for the Titans he spent the majority of his time lined up as an inline TE on a run first offense. I expect Kincaid to have far more opportunities in the slot.

With the difference between the Bills and Titans offensive philosophy I fully expect Kincaid to see more routes than Okonkwo did last year. More routes=more opportunity.

I see absolutely no reason why Kincaid can't have a 50 catch (average just under 3 receptions a game of plays all 17) season. With Allen averaging almost 11 targets a game last year to slot and TE positions, I think Kincaid seeing 4-5 targets a game isn't out of pocket. 

I don't disagree with that reasoning.   What I am having a hell of a hard time with is people mentioning the kid in the same breath as Travis Kelce and Diggs.  People are getting way ahead of themselves and then will be pissed when the kid doesn't have a 1000 yard 10 touchdown season.

27 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't disagree with that reasoning.   What I am having a hell of a hard time with is people mentioning the kid in the same breath as Travis Kelce and Diggs.  People are getting way ahead of themselves and then will be pissed when the kid doesn't have a 1000 yard 10 touchdown season.

I can understand that. And he may hit that level of receiver eventually. But even Kelce and Diggs weren't Kelce and Diggs their first year. 

I believe he will be very impactful, however. And we should see that flash as early as this season.

18 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I'm excited to watch the Stormin Morman play this year. 

It'll be interesting to see how he juggles the NFL life and all his wives. 

First, you spelled Mormon wrong. Second, he is not of that faith, and like most ignorant comments that are made, such comments are often a lack of research and a stereotype with only a kernel of accuracy.

Third, only some splinter groups of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have multiple wives, and this practice is not in-line with the tenets of the main church in Utah.

I am not a Mormon, however, I have friends in that faith that are very much opposite of your playful yet inexplicably bigoted comment.

Be classy. It's kind, professional,  intelligent, and just the right thing to do. Food for thought.

• Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, Wizard said:

First, you spelled Mormon wrong. Second, he is not of that faith, and like most ignorant comments that are made, such comments are often a lack of research and a stereotype with only a kernel of accuracy.

Third, only some splinter groups of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have multiple wives, and this practice is not in-line with the tenets of the main church in Utah.

I am not a Mormon, however, I have friends in that faith that are very much opposite of your playful yet inexplicably bigoted comment.

Be classy. It's kind, professional,  intelligent, and just the right thing to do. Food for thought.

I'm not the person who said that...

But there is a massive difference between being tongue in cheek and a bigot 

Sarcasm never plays over the internet, and I sense a lot of sarcasm in his multiple wives post

Don't think he was trying to be nasty at all

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I can understand that. And he may hit that level of receiver eventually. But even Kelce and Diggs weren't Kelce and Diggs their first year. 

I believe he will be very impactful, however. And we should see that flash as early as this season.

If he just draw attention away from others he will have a huge impact.

I expect Knox to benefit greatly early.

Bills need to use ALL the offenses weapon though , once Kincaid shows he needs attention from Defenses

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Someone's just jealous they only have one wife.....

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Some people would say that one is too many.      😋

I am not one of them, for the record. I swear, honey!!! 

(Just in case.) 

Of course not, good sir.

Marry once and worship her night and day forever and ever is what I always say to all my honorable gentlemen friends.

fake_smile.jpg

8 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It's unfortunate that our expectations for Kincaid are drawing comparisons to Travis Kelce due to what we've watched KC do to us in the past.  Kelce is already on the Mount Rushmore of all time tight ends and will probably be remembered as the greatest ever.  If Kincaid can get 600 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie it will be a big success but a bunch of people here will criticize him for not being an all pro immediately.

I love this reply. Your points are solid. The only thing I can say is we all know how the TE position has changed in the past 5 years. Perhaps Kelce’s success opens the gates for the pass catching TE era to take over and we get normalized to that. A lot of the Kincaid hype from me comes from that happening. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.