Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Certainly won’t see one any better, that’s for sure. But our O is used to playing dominant front fours. The Oline won’t win every down, but they need to win most of them, especially Dawkins and Brown, who are critical to being able to double QW inside. A tall order to be sure, but a good scheme by Dorsey can mitigate a lot and I have confidence that Allen will continue to do what he always does when things break down. 

The last time we saw our OL Vs a good DL we committed 4829 penalties is 3 minutes.  Or something like that.

I’m not saying that our OL is going to get rolled…..but I think Dorsey needs to call himself a great game.  

Dorsey and OL……. 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I honestly have no idea what he's talking about

and not for nothing but he also said Hyde wasn't practicing and he actually was out there

I thought to myself that he’s acting a bit differently this year.  Doesn’t seem as self assured.  Almost as if being the DC and calling plays while also being the HC is more difficult that he anticipated.   I feel that he’s feeling the gravity of it all.

or maybe I’m just clueless and have no clue what I’m talking about.

For the DC/playcaller to be unaware of rodgers and HACKetts past is beyond strange 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I thought to myself that he’s acting a bit differently this year.  Doesn’t seem as self assured.  Almost as if being the DC and calling plays while also being the HC is more difficult that he anticipated.   I feel that he’s feeling the gravity of it all.

For the DC/playcaller to be unaware of rodgers and HACKetts past is beyond strange 

it's like Urban Meyer level weird

who knows, maybe he didn't get enough sleep or something. But it's a very odd thing to say

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

McD says few things publicly that don't have a purpose.  His comments about Rodgers and Hackett, to me, send the message that he knows Hackett hasn't "called" a game with Rodgers in his career.

• Like (+1) 4

Bills have the firepower to win this, but when you consider sleepy beane's record in the 2nd round of the draft and our head coach who didn't know hackett was the OC in green bay a few years ago, I think the Jets win by 40. That's not even considering our meme 4th safety who has to be the worst 4th safety in the league by far

Bills 4-13 on the season

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The last time we saw our OL Vs a good DL we committed 4829 penalties is 3 minutes.  Or something like that.

I’m not saying that our OL is going to get rolled…..but I think Dorsey needs to call himself a great game.  

Dorsey and OL……. 🙏🏻 

IMO, the last time we faced a dominant Dline was against Miami in the wildcard game. True, Allen was sacked 7 times but he still managed 352 yards passing and three TD passes. And we only had two penalties for 13 yards in the game. 

16 minutes ago, eball said:

McD says few things publicly that don't have a purpose.  His comments about Rodgers and Hackett, to me, send the message that he knows Hackett hasn't "called" a game with Rodgers in his career.

This (not sure why so many people seem to be confused by it).  At least he didn't reference Nate doing "one of worst coaching jobs ever" (though he was probably thinking it) 😛 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Pete Prisco week one pick.

Buffalo Bills (-2.5) at New York Jets

Monday, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN, fubo)

The Bills are still the team to beat in the AFC East, even if the Jets have received most of the preseason hype. Yes, Aaron Rodgers got them that, and he will play well, starting here. But the Jets have to learn how to win. Buffalo has won big games and playoff games. That matters. Josh Allen -- remember him? -- gets the best of Rodgers and the Jets. 

Pick: Bills 24, Jets 19 

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dorsey and OL……. 🙏🏻 

Agree but it's not exactly a ringing endorsement for the Bills. I'm hearing the Bills oline is likely to have problems and issues dealing with the talented Jets Dline. 

Thus, the Bills are reliant on a quality OC Dorsey's play calling. That is a bit concerning after what we saw last season. 

I think the game comes down to Allen playing super man and if any Robins emerge. 

• Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

IMO, the last time we faced a dominant Dline was against Miami in the wildcard game. True, Allen was sacked 7 times but he still managed 352 yards passing and three TD passes. And we only had two penalties for 13 yards in the game. 

I think Pittsburgh has a dominant dl.  I was alluding to the preseason game 

Just now, NewEra said:

I think Pittsburgh has a dominant dl.  I was alluding to the preseason game 

I think the Steelers have a dominant D line as well, but I don’t put any stock in preseason games except to see if guys are winning their one on one battles and yeah, our guys got abused up front. But there was no game planning, which is critical when it comes to blocking schemes vs. various teams and personnel. 

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think the Steelers have a dominant D line as well, but I don’t put any stock in preseason games except to see if guys are winning their one on one battles and yeah, our guys got abused up front. But there was no game planning, which is critical when it comes to blocking schemes vs. various teams and personnel. 

I put some stock into preseason performances.  It’s all we can go on at this point.   We can’t go on last year….Saffold and Bates won’t be out there.  It’s a different OL. 

36 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Pete Prisco week one pick.

Buffalo Bills (-2.5) at New York Jets

Monday, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN, fubo)

The Bills are still the team to beat in the AFC East, even if the Jets have received most of the preseason hype. Yes, Aaron Rodgers got them that, and he will play well, starting here. But the Jets have to learn how to win. Buffalo has won big games and playoff games. That matters. Josh Allen -- remember him? -- gets the best of Rodgers and the Jets. 

Pick: Bills 24, Jets 19 

Well said by Pete

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Y'know, in the time it took ya both to whinge about this, ya coulda gone to Twitter (I mean X) and found some content to share.... I miss Yolo too, but I'm trying to be part of a solution, not part of a precipitate. JS'n

Sounds reasonable....until you consider I'm a geezer who's never been on the Twitter.  But this is looking very YOLO-esque.  Thank you.  Now....if we can just get somebody to pin it.

My take is the NY Jests signed Dalvin Cook for what he did last year to Buffalo with that 62-yard TD run. They gotta be planning to run the ball a whole lot to keep the heat off of Rodgers.

How good is that Buffalo run defense with their new LBer who is more of a coverage LBer? If he has to face pulling guards...

OTOH, I can only hope Buffalo has been working on quick-strike packages to keep the heat off of Allen. Didn't Williams have like 11 sacks in preseason? 

Perhaps Buffalo needs to get their Cook working in the ground game. Either way, I want the Bills to end this NY Jets playoff talk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.