Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

For the Bills this is just a week 1 game.Yes, it's against a division rival but Buffalo's outlook is going to be more "go 1-0 every week". And if they don't they won't panic. They will move on to the Raiders. Buffalo can (even though Vegas has them favorites) play this game with far less pressure IMO. I believe Allen, Diggs and crew will be fired up. They were lackluster (to put it mild) the last time they played a game that counted. And a fired up Allen playing to prove a point is a scary thing. 

usually when Allen gets too “fired up” we get rookie Allen.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

We have tickets  through work in the Metlife 50 Club. It is field level behind the Bills bench. We had a choice between the Pepsi club higher up and 50 Club at field level. We chose the 50 club figuring we would likely never get field level access ever again at the risk of maybe not seeing as much "live football"

We are going to get in super early for a two reasons. One is the food, raw bar and filet! More importantly, warm ups. I have to imagine field level behind the bench for warm ups is a blast. 

Anybody have any experience for the game itself? Will I be hanging out outside or watching the game on TV in the stadium? 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/photos/the-metlife-50-club-3131626#244c5e07-a1de-46d0-be2f-ae4eb360f9f1

Edited by Mango
link
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Just now, Mango said:

We have tickets  through work in the Metlife 50 Club. It is field level behind the Bills bench. We had a choice between the Pepsi club higher up and 50 Club at field level. We chose the 50 club figuring we would likely never get field level access ever again at the risk of maybe not seeing as much "live football"

We are going to get in super early for a two reasons. One is the food, raw bar and filet! More importantly, warm ups. I have to imagine field level behind the bench for warm ups is a blast. 

Anybody have any experience for the game itself? Will I be hanging out outside or watching the game on TV in the stadium? 

If you find yourself in the concourse area, they have huge TV's all around the stadium. It's great for Sunday afternoon because the big screens shows the redzone. They also have big screens inside the stadium around all corners of the stadium. Monday night not a factor but on Sunday's you get all the redzone action. In the case of the Jets they focus on Bills, Pats, and Dolphins games since those are the out-of-town scores that Jets fans are most interested in.

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If you find yourself in the concourse area, they have huge TV's all around the stadium. It's great for Sunday afternoon because the big screens shows the redzone. They also have big screens inside the stadium around all corners of the stadium. Monday night not a factor but on Sunday's you get all the redzone action. In the case of the Jets they focus on Bills, Pats, and Dolphins games since those are the out-of-town scores that Jets fans are most interested in.

Not so worried about the concourse area. I read some stuff online that seems to indicate that their might be actual seats in the stadium associated with the 50 Club? But couldn't confirm one way or the other. 

Not a huge deal. I am likely just getting excited/anxious. God knows I have watched enough games over the years on the big screens sitting in corners and end zones. If I get to do the same from behind the Bills bench on the field, I will be thrilled.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Glad football is back, but I do not like this matchup…

I'm with you 100%. MetLife is gonna be insane. The Bills need to score first. If not, it's gonna be a long night. I don't like the Bills having to come from behind. Score first and keep the pedal on the gas. Try to keep the crowd out of it. Definitely gonna be a hard ask. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/photos/the-metlife-50-club-3131626#244c5e07-a1de-46d0-be2f-ae4eb360f9f1

That's pretty wild.  The pics of it full capacity make it seem like a lot of people are content to just sit inside vs try to look at the field.  Will be interesting if the railing is packed and hard/impossible to look out or if people just generally rotate through

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

That's pretty wild.  The pics of it full capacity make it seem like a lot of people are content to just sit inside vs try to look at the field.  Will be interesting if the railing is packed and hard/impossible to look out or if people just generally rotate through

If I can get a clear sightline to the big screen I am content to hang at the rail. I am a little apprehensive that I will miss a lot of football. Or I will be basically on the field watching the game at a bar next to the sideline. 

We are really looking forward to it. Ultimately any concern is just me whining. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the Jets D will give the Bills O problems. If the game is won in the trenches then the Jets have the advantage. 

The Bills will win if Allen wears his cape. 

Totally agree that this game will be won and or lost in the trenches. Whichever defense dominates the offensive line is going to win this game. If Josh gets time, he can pick apart the Jets, same with Rodgers. With my Nephew being a huge Jets fan, i think we both agree this will be a fun game to watch for one of us and aggravating for the other. Do not think it will be close either way, winner wins by 10+. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Furthermore, the league needs the Jets to win this game. The hype machine that was the Jets off season needs to continue so they can push the Rodgers led Jets in a large market. Anything close I expect to fall the Jets way. Sometimes, that's just the hand you're dealt. 

I agree with your post except the part quoted above. The NFL doesn’t “need” the Jets to be hyped because they are always hyped. And once and for all, the league is not scripted or “fixed.”

The NFL benefits from a blowout Bills win that sends the NYC media into a frenzy just as much as a Jets win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Glad football is back, but I do not like this matchup…

This matchup is tough and a good test out the gate for both teams.  The good news for us is that the OL is still an issue, the receiving weapons outside of Wilson are mediocre, and Rodgers is still getting a feel for the players, offense and timing.  

But, we have our own new pieces integrating into our team as well, and when it comes to week 1, you never know who is going to shake the rust off and find a groove first given most the starters across the NFL barely see any action in preseason.  

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Here's the thing about this game. I know it's a week 1 game and there's a LOT of season to play...but for the Jets this is a MUST win game. Before you snicker consider the following:

- Aaron Debut as a Jet

- Monday night football. 

- At Home

- On Sept 11th

- Saleh and the Jets ran their mouth all off season

- Media Darlings to include Hard Knocks

- The many moves they made with beating Buffalo in mind

Its funny, this list works two ways.  One, you could see it as the amount of pressure on the Jets it all puts.  Or two, you can see it as a lot of reasons for the energy to be high and the Jets to be fired up.  

It won't surprise me at all to see the Jets drive the field on their first possession and score a TD, to be honest, I kind of expect it.  We saw this numerous times last season where the shout box would melt down like we were a 1 win team after an easy early TD drive by the opponent.  Then, Bills adjust and clamped down most the time. 

Ultimately, I think the Bills win and it is going to be a situation where Jets start fast with all that adrenaline and energy, but then cool.  Personally, I think it will likely be a close game late and Bills will eventually go up 2 scores in the 4th where the Jets just can't overcome and final score is a Bills win by 1 or 2 scores.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

I agree with your post except the part quoted above. The NFL doesn’t “need” the Jets to be hyped because they are always hyped. And once and for all, the league is not scripted or “fixed.”

The NFL benefits from a blowout Bills win that sends the NYC media into a frenzy just as much as a Jets win. 

Hype and crazy loud fans/media work both ways.  Let's not forget the Steelers/Bills "Renegade" moment.

If the Bills stay cool and under control, they have an advantage IMO.

The Jets are playing with a lot of pressure on them to perform at a "hyped up" level.

It's going to be hard to wait until Monday night to watch this game.  It's going to be a good one right out of the gate.

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I just scored tickets to go with my brother and his best friend (a jests fan). Gonna sport low key Bills colors and hope I don't get mugged.

Lots of Bills fans show up at MetLife. The last 2 years it was almost a 50-50 split. I don't think the Bills will have that many fans this year. Weekday game (Monday night) plus this is the most highly anticipated opener for the Jets in a long time. Jets fans will show up for this game. As for the rowdiness of the crowd. MetLife took care of that with raised ticket prices and PSL fees. Crowd is not as crazy as it used to be at Giants Stadium or Shea.

• Like (+1) 1

For every NFL matchup you can sit down and come up with a half dozen reasons why one or the other team will win, but it typically comes down to who is more talented and who makes fewer mistakes.

When I look at this matchup it comes down to the following:  whose OL will do a better job?  Both teams have excellent defenses with strong fronts and secondaries.  Which OL will give their QB the chance to make plays?

On paper the Bills' OL is much better than the Jests' OL.  I think that will be the difference maker...Allen will get enough time to make plays, while Rodgers will be constantly harrassed.

The Bills now have the players to run legitimate 12 personnel sets.  They haven't had that before, and it puts pressure on the Jests' D.

I don't think this will be a one-score game.  Bills by 10.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.