Chad Kelly (Jim Kelly's nephew) is highest paid player in CFL

Old Coot

The vitriol here over Chad is sad and disgusting

He never hurt any of you guys personally

Everybody makes mistakes... Let he without sin cast the first stone 

And people grow and mature in the world.... Really thought this place was better 

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

but many do not 

Chad has done nothing to anybody on this board to warrant the vitriol 

People only know him via news stories.. or a football camp.. I'm sure there's lots of people who will say good things about Chad Kelly... Including the Argonauts coach

Let him without sin cast the first stone ... Certainly I'm not coming on the thread to pile crap on him 

People here act like he stole their bike and beat them up... 

I'm not jumping on at wagon 

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I sure hope so. My son in law attended the camp when he and Chad were both in high school. He didn’t know Chad but he tells me that all the other QBs there felt Chad was a bit of a douche…..and for my son in law to say anything close to that, tells me something. 

Most 18-year-old kids have douche bag moments 

That has nothing to do with how a kid can grow and mature over a decade... And learned from mistakes 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The vitriol here over Chad is sad and disgusting

He never hurt any of you guys personally

Everybody makes mistakes... Let he without sin cast the first stone 

And people grow and mature in the world.... Really thought this place was better 

Chad has done nothing to anybody on this board to warrant the vitriol 

People only know him via news stories.. or a football camp.. I'm sure there's lots of people who will say good things about Chad Kelly... Including the Argonauts coach

Let him without sin cast the first stone ... Certainly I'm not coming on the thread to pile crap on him 

People here act like he stole their bike and beat them up... 

Most 18-year-old kids are douches.. 

That has nothing to do with how a kid can grow and mature over a decade... And learned from mistakes 

meh. Counter, there are plenty of 50 year old jerks and many of this start by being 16 year old ones, 20 year old ones and 25 year old ones. And he’s been on the exceptional side of the spectrum, not simply a run of the mill arrogant teen.

I’ll always hope for fewer jerks in the world, and reclamation projects are great… but once you are out where he has been it’s the exception to become an amazing person. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a comic book villain 24/7/365 but I don’t feel the need to stump for every stranger. Even if he has a famous name. And I think there’s a hell of a lot more excuses for his name around here than guys actively trying to bury him. 

9 hours ago, eball said:

This, a thousand times over.  I’ve never seen a spoiled jackass get so much slack from a region/fan base simply because he’s related to our HOF QB.

Well........I think that is probably the tally because he is the only pro QB one of those,  isn't he?

If your issue is not wanting to hear about him then why are you creating content in a thread about him?

I think the answer is at the bottom of that bottle(or box if you are drinking wine). :beer:

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Did you ever noticed how despite being a local home-grown athlete and an legendary uncle who is synonymous with the franchise, Kelly never got any kind of tryout with the Bills?  

The rumor was that Jim advocated for the t

Bills to stay away from Chad since he’s be surrounded by some many old vices and bad influences.  

Many believe that John Elway taking as the final pick in 2017 was done as a favor for Jim.  

The crazy thing is that even after sabotaging his career multiple times, Chad’s NFL stint was progressing well in Denver until Von’s Halloween party

He did.  Heading into the playoffs post 2020 season.  I thought maybe it was a COVID related contingency.

14 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm not going to get into it, but suffice to say it's hilarious to me how many people here are totally ok with cutting Chad Kelly slack, for no other reason than because he's Chad Kelly, but also would scream bloody murder if other players not names Chad Kelly got a break after doing something they didn't like. I could drop one name in here and it would prove my point. But whatever. It doesn't matter. 

OJ?

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Watching Chad play as we speak on CBS Sports Network Argos @ Tiger Cats.  Argos are up, 17-4.  Kelly first half 6/13 109 yds, 1 TD 2 INTs.

I root for the Ticats but it's not their year(again).    It's been an entertaining game today and love seeing that sun splashed field in Hamilton.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most 18-year-old kids are douches.. 

I wasn’t a douche when I was 18. 

My friends weren’t douches at 18. 

Yes … we all make mistakes as learn from them (far beyond our teenage years). 

But there’s a difference between going through they typical ups and downs of a teenager and a painfully arrogant dipshit, spoiled rich kid living off of his uncle’s name doing insanely stupid stuff and not owning it. 

He is a colossal douche. At 18 and beyond (he was in his 20s when he got into a fight at a f*cking high school football game. 

Rich white trash. 

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

But there’s a difference between going through they typical ups and downs of a teenager and a painfully arrogant dipshit, spoiled rich kid living off of his uncle’s name doing insanely stupid stuff and not owning it. 

He is a colossal douche. At 18 and beyond (he was in his 20s when he got into a fight at a f*cking high school football game. 

Rich white trash. 

All saints are sinners and sinners are saints

20 is Young... People are just preaching from their high horse... 

Seriously... A message board has a vendetta on a guy they don't know

Nobody could say how he feels about his past actions

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Rich white trash. 

That\s right he should be locked up at 639 Exchange Street Road and be your cellmate.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He had the world gifted to him and he couldn’t keep himself from being a total dick. 

All he had to do was stay healthy and not be an a-hole. 

He got as far as staying healthy. 

He chose to be an a-hole MULTIPLE times. 

Douche. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I root for the Ticats but it's not their year(again).    It's been an entertaining game today and love seeing that sun splashed field in Hamilton.  

Thank goodness for the CFL today.  I'm watching Edmonton and Calgary now.  Clemson plays Duke tonight, but it's on ESPN, so I am "dark."  Also my favorite show on National Geographic premieres tonight as well.  So...we will see how long this goes on and how patient I can be.

Edited by jkeerie

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

a vendetta? You don’t have to white knight for the guy. He’s acted like a jerk and some guys are calling out that he has acted like a jerk. You don’t get to simply not make the news for a very short stretch and have that reputation disappear. If he’s truly past it, he will eventually earn having his name associated with the new things he achieves. Unfortunately, world class entitlement is the extent of his resume so far. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.