Chad Kelly (Jim Kelly's nephew) is highest paid player in CFL

Old Coot

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

When does the next Swag Kelly rap album drop? I wish my parents were rich and my uncle was famous so I could afford to be an idiot. If he was born into any other situation he'd be in jail or dead by now 

He must have either kicked your dog or screwed your gf/wife.   Which one, or both?😂

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bad post. I respect anyone for not giving up on their dreams. They are in the top 5% of their profession, one step away from being millionaires. How about you? 

Post was admittedly made in haste and meant to be humorous. Considering it has a bit of bad taste and rubbed some the wrong way I will remove it. 

As for your other question not going into too much I retired at 43 from law enforcement and have continued to work in the security field 13 years later making sound decisions and investments along the way. "Millionaire" is not the iconic status it was 50 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He reminds me of Vince Young - all the talent in the world but no self control or willing to listen to teams on changes he needs to make.  Maybe CFL helped him.

Teams certainly tried - he had plenty of opportunities..

I do not think he did anything wrong with the Colts.  Reports there were pretty good and Chad had some good preseason games there.  He beat out PJ Walker rather easily as their PS guy.  The next year they drafted Jacob Eason in the 4th round and the writing was on the wall.  Chad is a better QB than Eason, imo, but given a 4th round investment, there's no way they would not keep Eason on the roster over Chad.  That's why I think he will stick in the CFL for 3 years.  The money in Canada is better than a FA NFL contract with little guaranteed until after you win a training camp battle for a #2 job.  The PS is not better than his extended deal.

24 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Funded by his parents and living off the Kelly name. Other people don't get those 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 27th chances. He lives a very privileged life.

If you're Very talented at football you get those second third fourth and 30th chance

It wouldn't matter if his name was Smith ... The dude was a borderline five Star elite 11 quarterback with 30 division one scholarships

And a good college resume... He would have chances without the name ... There's a lack of QBs 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you're Very talented at football you get those second third fourth and 30th chance

It wouldn't matter if his name was Smith ... The dude was a borderline five Star elite 11 quarterback with 30 division one scholarships

And a good college resume... He would have chances without the name ... There's a lack of QBs 

So how many of these elite 11 guys from his year are still playing let alone have been kicked off the team at every level?

https://www.elite11.com/2011elite11

If you don't think he's gotten preferential treatment I don't know what to tell you. He's not that good. He was the last pick in the draft. How many QB's were drafted the last couple of years and are already working normal big boy jobs because their parents don't fund their fake rapper lifestyle?

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So how many of these elite 11 guys from his year are still playing let alone have been kicked off the team at every level?

https://www.elite11.com/2011elite11

If you don't think he's gotten preferential treatment I don't know what to tell you. He's not that good. He was the last pick in the draft. How many QB's were drafted the last couple of years and are already working normal big boy jobs because their parents don't fund their fake rapper lifestyle?

The elite 11 quarterbacks that bust out don't even have successful college careers...

Chad Kelly beat Alabama... Was an all SEC quarterback... Was considered a top three round choice talent wise 

His talent and tape was much better than a 7th round pick... He fell because all the stuff you say... Issues 

He still has tons of talent... I think he'll be like doug flutie and come back to the NFL at 34 

This isnt a hey, let's all celebrate Chad Kelly...

But he has a lot of talent... Alot

Edited by Buffalo716

47 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The elite 11 quarterbacks that bust out don't even have successful college careers...

Chad Kelly beat Alabama... Was an all SEC quarterback... Was considered a top three round choice talent wise 

His talent and tape was much better than a 7th round pick... He fell because all the stuff you say... Issues 

He still has tons of talent... I think he'll be like doug flutie and come back to the NFL at 34 

This isnt a hey, let's all celebrate Chad Kelly...

But he has a lot of talent... Alot

Chad's lead up to the draft was an all-time parade of bad news.  A torn ACL and lateral meniscus in November of 2022 which required surgery.  Disinvited to the combine for unspecified reason(s)-- maybe the story about mentioning an AK-47?  He injured a tendon in his throwing wrist in prep for and/or at the beginning of his pro day workout which was his biggest chance to throw for NFL scouts.  The Broncos had to shelve him for 2017 on the PUP.   It's tough to isolate his off field issues from his horrendous draft runup issues and how each contributed to tanking his draft stock but it certainly was a combination of both.

8 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Chad's lead up to the draft was an all-time parade of bad news.  A torn ACL and lateral meniscus in November of 2022 which required surgery.  Disinvited to the combine for unspecified reason(s)-- maybe the story about mentioning an AK-47?  He injured a tendon in his throwing wrist in prep for and/or at the beginning of his pro day workout which was his biggest chance to throw for NFL scouts.  The Broncos had to shelve him for 2017 on the PUP.   It's tough to isolate his off field issues from his horrendous draft runup issues and how each contributed to tanking his draft stock but it certainly was a combination of both.

Everything you say is correct

But it's not his on field tape and physical talent that dropped him

It was his reckless persona and injuries 

Edited by Buffalo716

59 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Good for Chad Kelly.

Talent has always been there but off the field stuff and being a headcase derailed his NFL career early. Who knows though, maybe there will be a path for him back to NFL later in his career similar to Doug Flutie after years of CFL dominance.

I mean, he’s 4th in passing yards, 3rd in TDs

Maybe we need a Zach colleros or Vernon adams thread… 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Everything you say is correct

But it's not his on field tape and physical talent that dropped him

It was his reckless persona and injuries 

I mean, not a great leader and struggles throwing to the left side of the field. If he was a character guy probably a day two pick that could stick as a backup… 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.