Boogie traded to Giants

Rc2catch

1 hour ago, RunninRebel37 said:

If you don’t want to call them the core it’s a matter of semantics. But any conversation about mainstay players and building blocks, these are the players mentioned. If not tell me who I’m missin? 

Beane isn’t immune from criticism but to act like the “core” of this team was Whaley’s responsibility is silly. 

Allen, Diggs, Poyer, Hyde, Morse, Johnson, Davis, Knox. 

That’s what I’d consider the “core” of this team, and yes, you can include Dawkins, Tre and Milano. 

But this team was assembled by Beam and Co., not Whaley. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The Creed Humphrey obsession is so tired. I'll criticize Beane when it's warranted. But if we drafted Humphrey instead of Basham we would have the exact same number of Super Bowl wins right now. We're not talking about the league MVP here. It's just a center, the easiest position in football other than RB to find quality talent.

Failed day 2 and 3 draft picks is not why our team has floundered in January. The main reason is our free agency spending relative to the rest of the league has been mostly awful. Missing on a late 2nd round pass rusher is acceptable. Wasting money on the likes of Vernon Butler and Rodger Saffold is not.

Some posters need to improve their reading comprehension. 

2 hours ago, boyst said:

wow.

we really have been spoiled to have eric wood and mitch morse.

clearly you forgot geoff hangartner, among others.

center is not the easiest position in football. no position is truly easy but that you said this... is insane! like purely a lack of football knowledge.

the center generally calls the blocking schemes, helps call audibles, assures proper alignment, generally knows the entire play for all positions.

then do all of this while making sure the quarterback gets the ball with the laces up in a shotgun pass.

jesus... your take is so bad that you should delete it.

Sorry, HappyDays never said that playing center was easy.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh for sure, I would assign the majority of the blame to Josh on that right now. However, when we have folks saying that Center isnt that important, they just need to snap the ball to the QB... And we just lost a game due to a mishandled snap... I can't help but wonder if Josh is a little more calm taking that snap from a young, strong, non-injured, known road-grader like Humphrey.

Sorry, but HappyDays never said that center wasn't important, either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoTier said:

Still doesn't mean I agree. His statement was horribly wrong imo 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Was really a "We know you're going to claim this guy anyway when we cut him, what will you give us so you don't have to worry about someone else claiming him ahead of you." kind of deal.

This is the exact reason so many people were calling him a wizard before, getting assets for someone we were about to cut and now the same situation has everyone complaining. We have a loaded team, enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MPT said:

Yeah, but teams usually have to pay for that kind of deal. I find it hard to believe no other team was interested in him for more than a late round pick swap in 2025.

Boogie isn't very good. Why would there be interest in Boogie with all due respect. 

At least Beane cut his losses.

Next on the list is AJE and Elam. 

I always am hesitant to draft a guy who turns 24 his rookie year unless they completely dominated at the college level. Boogie was good at Wake Forest but wasn’t dominant. I believe we could have grabbed him later, but were drafting out of fear and the need to get after Mahomes. 

Edited by Dr.Sack

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Boogie isn't very good. Why would there be interest in Boogie with all due respect. 

Maybe we can swap seventh round picks in 2030 with someone for them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Sorry, Mama HappyDays, but I never said he did. That is why I didnt directly quote him or directly tag him. I already responded directly to him on that previous page.

In your quoted post I used parts of his argument, along with what Badol has been saying in other threads, and a couple others posters have been saying. That is why I said "folks".

It's not just one poster who is on the wrong side of the Center position. (not in the PPP way!)

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Beane isn’t immune from criticism but to act like the “core” of this team was Whaley’s responsibility is silly. 

Allen, Diggs, Poyer, Hyde, Morse, Johnson, Davis, Knox. 

That’s what I’d consider the “core” of this team, and yes, you can include Dawkins, Tre and Milano. 

But this team was assembled by Beam and Co., not Whaley. 

Beane knows how to build a winning franchise. He can take a lower tier team and make them a playoff contender and more. He did it in Carolina and in Buffalo. 

It starts with the QB. Cam Newton and Josh Allen. Cam made a SB appearance. Hopefully, it's Allen's turn soon. I have my doubts but it can happen as Buffalo is still a top tier team and Allen is still young and elite.

34 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Only because there are a lot of rosters around the NFL who aren't as deep as we are. There are a handful of teams where Basham could make an active roster. 

Epenesa is fine as a backup. Elam is too young to give up on and had a decent rookie year despite falling far short of 1st round expectations.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I could be wrong but don’t recall C being a long term question in 2021.  

Does that really matter, though?  When you’ve got the opportunity to replace a solid, but not great, aging veteran who has a big contract with a late second round pick, you take that every time.  That’s how you build a championship roster around a franchise QB.  There are a million different ways to win championships when you’ve got a superstar under center.  A good GM should always be looking for ways to get younger and cheaper without having a major drop off in performance.  Morse was a perfect candidate, and Creed was sitting right there.

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Does that really matter, though?  When you’ve got the opportunity to replace a solid, but not great, aging veteran who has a big contract with a late second round pick, you take that every time.  That’s how you build a championship roster around a franchise QB.  There are a million different ways to win championships when you’ve got a superstar under center.  A good GM should always be looking for ways to get younger and cheaper without having a major drop off in performance.  Morse was a perfect candidate, and Creed was sitting right there.

Morse had just turned 29 at the time of the 2021 draft, that's not really considered 'aging'. You don't use a 2nd round pick on a position that is all set for a few years to come.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

That’s right. The mistakes have already been made. The trade today wasn’t one of them. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.