Case Keenum is more than a target

Lothar

6 hours ago, Lothar said:

If Keenum is cut by the Texans, we apparently lose the Edmunds 3rd round pick. We need to either ensure the Texans keep him or we need to trade for him - Joe B says 6th or 7th but he might actually be worth a 4th to us in that scenario. 

Do you have a link or reference to that?

The Texans have $4M guaranteed reasons to keep Keenum as the canny vet mentor for CJ Stroud. 

I agree with those who have said Davis Mills may be the better QB at this point, but that's not the whole of the equation for the Texans.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Thoroughly speculative studies based upon nebulous data I fabricated prove 3 out of 5 TSWers enjoy the New England Conditional Draft Pick fallacy.  You and sourpuss Limeaid may file protests with the appropriate agencies.

There'll be at least three protests. This one's like month-old sushi, IMO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Are you guys suggesting that if WE trade for Keenum and have him on OUR roster until week 6 or so he still qualifies and we keep 3rd round comp pick?

That is wild if true.

So, the Texans hold all the leverage here.  They could tell the Bills give us your 4th rounder next year for Keenum or you're going to lose your 3rd.  LOL.

44 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

So, the Texans hold all the leverage here.  They could tell the Bills give us your 4th rounder next year for Keenum or you're going to lose your 3rd.  LOL.

Do you think the Bills do it for a fourth?

10 hours ago, Lothar said:

If Keenum is cut by the Texans, we apparently lose the Edmunds 3rd round pick. We need to either ensure the Texans keep him or we need to trade for him - Joe B says 6th or 7th but he might actually be worth a 4th to us in that scenario. 

Joe Buscaglia disagrees:

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Do you think the Bills do it for a fourth?

if it actually works like we speculate:

our 4th, assuming we pick in the late 20s at best, and a pick after the end of round 3, might (depending on the total number of compensatory 3rds to be used) be one full round of difference. 

So then it becomes how much money it would be worth (paying keenum) to upgrade my 4th by one entire round (around 30 picks upgrade, not just 12 or 15).  And a function of what my scouts think might be available in those ranges next year.

also, if it works like we speculate, the Texans should be blowin up Beane's phone.   To get a free 4th for somebody i was gonna cut anyway.   And we dont care if the Bills get a 3rd round comp since we arent in the AFCE.

Edited by maddenboy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.