TRADE: Arizona ships Simmons to Giants for a 7th

BuffaloBillyG

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We have reached our limit of 190 lb tweeners who can’t shed a tackle. 

I would have rather traded for Simmons than draft Bernard or Williams though. 

As of today I don’t think there’s a place for Simmons on the Bills either. But it was a very nice, opportunistic move the the Giants. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I am not one to always say "I wish the Bills would've done that" when a players gets traded, but in this case....

I wish the Bills would've done that.

I think McDermott and co would've stood a darn good chance of helping Simmons "become the best version of himself", and if not, they'd have only surrendered a 7th.

Oh well. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Oh man, I would have been all over this with our defense.  For a 7th round pick?!.  He could have slid right into this hybrid nickel defense we are running.

That’s what I’m saying too. Loved Simmons in that draft though usually I’m not big on the hybrids at all. And he hasn’t really planned out to this point. But for a 7th? Damn

27 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

6'4", 238, 4.39 speed why not a MLB in bills defense?

He’s got the size and speed, but the criticism at draft time was that he was more of an athlete than football player. MLB in general needs to be the most instinctual position on the defense and if he lacks that football IQ, he’s going to struggle there. Not sure how accomplished he is as a pass rusher, but a player of that size and athleticism should always have a spot somewhere.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Former 1st rounder for a 7th. What a time to be alive. And before it's a "Beane messed up"...NO Simmons isn't a MLB.

But Arizona is open for business...

Man this is a huge bummer I absolutely love Simmons and honestly ideal MLB or not he would’ve been an instant upgrade to any MLB we have on the roster 

Great Move for the Giants.

They get a talented player for cheap to pair with an excellent defensive coach and he is at the point in his career where it is time to play your best to guarantee a big future contract or just a contract in general.  

Should be a highly motivated player in a really good spot.  

I love everything the giants have done since Schoen and Daboll took over.  They had a great interview with Schoen and brandon brown talking about how the numbers favor picking up defensive players at the cut deadline.  It was something like 53% defensive signings workout and the offensive players do not.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Former 1st rounder for a 7th. What a time to be alive. And before it's a "Beane messed up"...NO Simmons isn't a MLB.

But Arizona is open for business...

They sooo want Caleb Williams or Drake Maye next year it isn’t even funny. Next thing they’ll just tuck any comeback attempt by Kyler to IR where he can sell sports bras full time till he’s released next year even with his dead cap hit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.