Buck/Aikman's "preview" of Bills-Jets on ESPN

MWK

38 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I know Hamlin literally died on the field… but he’s not a great football player by any stretch of the means. He is a JAG by definition and someone I don’t want to see on the field, unless it’s a blowout and we put in our scrubs. Can we stop the Damar circus yet? I’m very happy that he is back to barely making our 53…  but him taking headlines now is kinda old and not relevant. His story is what it is… but does he affect the Bills outcome on Sundays? Hopefully not, because he should be on the bench

He was a 7th rd pick and has been an above average depth piece. It's early pre season, you probably weren't even watching the game, it was national media watching who probably were hearing their first media updates of the new season about him. There's been a major spike in people taking CPR Classes.

Did you come home from work early and find him in your bed? If not, you should seriously chill out. Good grief dude

The thing with Hamlin is he’s a nice 4th slot for depth at safety.  He was a 7th RD pick, solid guy, but he’s been immortalized with the near death experience.

inthink it’s great how he recovered, how he’s used this as a platform for change, and good for him.  

on the football side he’s a 4th slot with the Rapp signing.  That doesn’t mean he’s not a great guy, nor did he accomplish the 4th slot on his merit.  He’s just not Poyer or Hyde.  Rapp is close, but Hamlin is a typical 4th spot safety.

Just now, Mc1320 said:

This is the same media machine that couldn’t stop talking about Tim Tebow when he joined the Jets. Hopefully, Rodgers’ tenure in NY ends like Tebow’s ……….. with nothing to show for the hype.

I want them to be this year's Wilson/Broncos.

While Rodgers is an upgrade over the crap, they had last year it should be pointed out that Aaron had 5 games where he threw for less than 200 yards last year. That is Zach Wilson level bad. He also didn't have one game where he threw for 300 yards or more. At 39 going on 40 good luck surviving playing behind that POS OL.

15 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

It's tough listening to these insufferable ego maniacs talk about anything.

I think aikman should break in to song and put on his big dumb hat and boots and play oklahoma nights while buck gets a hair plug injection live during the game.

That would make them interesting and entertaining.

also, did they fire buck's wife when they fired all those people from ESPN this summer?  She was as much a narcissist as these two are.  

I really can't stand these people.

Yikes, Mike, this is harsh.  

Personally, there are few people on earth that cause me to say, "I really can't stand these people" (ill feelings are an emotional/psychological anchor I don't want).  Buck and Aikman certainly don't make the list.

I think the Jets would have been better off with Carr instead of Rodgers. At this point in their careers is Rodgers that much better than Carr. Obviously, he is in his career and a first ballot future HOF, but Carr is only 32 and could have given the Jets more than 2 years. Rodgers might not be that good in these next 2 years anyway.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I think the Jets would have been better off with Carr instead of Rodgers. At this point in their careers is Rodgers that much better than Carr. Obviously, he is in his career and a first ballot future HOF, but Carr is only 32 and could have given the Jets more than 2 years. Rodgers might not be that good in these next 2 years anyway.

365 days a year, yes.

2 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

How often does a late in the years veteran disgruntled QB with a perennial chip on his shoulder find success with another team?  That's what ESPN should have focused on.  

They manufacture them in Green Bay (Favre).

So, sweetness would be Buffalo mashing the Jets, winning the division championship and the Super Bowl, and Diggs winning the receiving crown with 120 receptions or so and a couple thousand yards and declaring that when he retires, he wants to retire as a Bill. 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:18 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yup, give me the ESPN from the 90s. It was so good back in the day. Back then if my TV was on there was about an 85% chance I was watching something on there.

Yeah, like when ESPN would air Magic the Gathering tournaments.

We should get back to that.

1 minute ago, Kaenon said:

Yeah, like when ESPN would air Magic the Gathering tournaments.

We should get back to that.

I'd take televised Magic the Gathering tourneys over lowbrow edgy bombast from the likes of Stephen A Smith.  It would seem that the viewing public agrees with that as well

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.