Dalvin signs with jets

NewEra

44 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Not really. Going into last season the Bills had made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 seasons and were coming off back-to-back AFCE titles. What has this turd of a team done. 7 wins last year Whoop dee doo. Last playoff appearance 2010. I really hope they are this year's Wilson and the Broncos. I will laugh my ass off all season if they are. 

I'm referring to how annoying it was for to hear "Bills, Bills, Bills, SB favs" last season by the media. It all started with Kyle Brandt's ridiculous calling of our draft pick. Wearing those damn zubs pants. That was sweet jacket though. I'm glad spotlight isn't so bright on us this year. Did he actually have a wing in his hand?!

image.thumb.png.fd7fae421c4cf191807e31420a579d35.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

The New York media excited about the Jets after acquiring Cook and Rodgers. You're  listening to NY sports radio about the Jets. If it bothers you why do you listen?

Every local news station in the country should only talk about the Bills QB2 battle and debate if Trent Sherfield is the best WR in the AFC. Any mention of any other team should be followed with, “they suck, let’s talk about the linebackers of Buffalo.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It's not just WFAN. It's in the papers, TV. I have family, friends, co-workers many who are Jets fans. We trash talk all in good fun, however. I live in NJ about 20 minutes from MetLife so it's hard to escape the media attention of the Jets. Really hope we beat them week 1.

I get it but it's also understandable they're excited. Your location doesn't help but Bills fans and media can be just as annoying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

They should have spent that $$ on a left tackle their line is horrendous

They should have….. but who would they have signed?  They didn’t have the cap room until rodgers took the pay cut.

their best bet is hoping they can trade for Bakhtiari and his 20M cap hit.  No one else is trading a good tackle

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, nucci said:

So many of you think the Jets adding Rodgers and Cook won't make them a better team?

A Jet player on NY sports radio. Shocking. I've never heard the Bills and Allen being praised on WGR. 

It makes them a better team, but people ignore that both Rodgers and Cook (not as bad of a down year) had down years last year and attribute it at least for Rodgers to "just not trying". 

Rodgers had the most INT's since his rookie year last year, 3rd lowest TDs, 3rd lowest completion %, and least yards in a non injured season.

We will see if a new team gives him a spark or if last year is the beginning of the end. 

I look at Dalvin Cook as just the placeholder for Breece Hall who apparently isn't ready. Breece Hall should be better, so does that really make them better? Yeah, but not better than the Jets with a healthy breece hall.

Edited by What a Tuel

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Running game regressed post-Zimmer. Lest we forget the 81 yard run in week 9 of last year.  

It was a great run but all the other runs he had weren't that great. Either he's lost a step or Minnesota's OL has regressed in recent years as he's not the Dalvin he was in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

It makes them a better team, but people ignore that both Rodgers and Cook (not as bad of a down year) had down years last year and attribute it at least for Rodgers to "just not trying". 

Rodgers had the most INT's since his rookie year last year, 3rd lowest TDs, 3rd lowest completion %, and least yards in a non injured season.

We will see if a new team gives him a spark or if last year is the beginning of the end. 

I look at Dalvin Cook as just the placeholder for Breece Hall who apparently isn't ready. Breece Hall should be better, so does that really make them better? Yeah, but not better than the Jets with a healthy breece hall.

No one is ignoring Rodgers had a down year. It's mentioned all the time, especially here. You're right about Cook but he is still really good and will help them

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

It may take until 2024 for Breece to get back to where he was. Look how long it took Barkley. He finally got back to being a very good RB last year, but it took some time.

50 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

They should have spent that $$ on a left tackle their line is horrendous

Probably counting on Becton to have a rebound year. For them they better hope so.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills technically have two pro bowlers on the oline in Morse and Dawkins so technically yes they are much better 

Come on now. Pro bowlers by default. They are good but neither are elite.  The Bills oline has a lot to prove. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Doesn’t change anything. Pretty good RBs don’t change teams.

So the Bills Cook and other Bills RBs hype is unwarranted based on your premise? 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah. He’s a RB. Doesn’t move the needle at all… I’d take my chances defending the running game and Cook rather than the pass with Rodgers and the Jets receivers. 

With respect, I don't agree with this logic. I believe this train of thought is flawed. Why?

The running game in modern day football has been minimized and undervalued. It's still a very important factor in any team's offense. 

More specifically, let's look at the Jets team. Do you think they want an older Rogers with a questionable oline to drop back and throw the ball 40 plus times s game? I think the answer is a clear no. Cook with an eventual healthy Hall can create problems for an opposing defenses. Additionally, both backs are dangerous in the screen game. 

The Jets would love to keep the ball out of the hands of Allen and Tua. I don't think they want to get into a shootout with either team. A solid running game controlling the clock and relying on on their D is their best way to win. 

Cook gives the Jets a better pathway to beat their defensive foes. It's a nice move for the Jets.

Remember, all the Buffalo fans pounding the table for Delvin? Now the Jets acquire him and that logic suddenly goes out the window. Really? 

This just sounds like the Bills fans hating on the Jets. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It may take until 2024 for Breece to get back to where he was. Look how long it took Barkley. He finally got back to being a very good RB last year, but it took some time.

Probably counting on Becton to have a rebound year. For them they better hope so.

Becton has consistently pulled himself from the field and practice due to knee soreness. Weird situation for sure

Haven't read all 7 pages, but Dalvin Cook probably still has some juice. He's not a nobody, and I don't believe he's completely washed up.

My prediction remains the same. I have felt, and continue to feel, like this "Rodgers to the Jets" thing reminds me of when Favre went to the Vikings. One amazing year, and then the wheels came off.

I believe the Jets will be very good this year. They already had a very potent defense last year. They beat the Bills with Zach Wilson under center. They have since added Aaron Rodgers and Dalvin Cook. I expect they'll win a good number of games and make the playoffs as a Wild Card. Maybe even win the division.

I only expect one year of success in the Aaron Rodgers era, though. He seems to be too moody and mercurial of a guy for this arrangement to last long term. Whether it be health, Rodgers having a contentious relationship with the NY media when things go poorly...whatever it may be. I think it's one really good year and then it falls apart and they're back in the "no franchise QB" pile.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

More flawed logic. The Bills are gonna be better this year because the running game will be better with Cook, Harris, and Torrence on the OL. Other team gets RB and RB’s don’t matter. If the Jets D is solid as expected, Rodgers just have to distribute the ball to guys like Cook, Hall, Wilson. They will be a tough out for anyone. Going to hold a lot of teams under 20. With Rodgers and the players around him it’s going to be easier to score more than 20. They lost 6 games last year they held teams to 20 or less. Flip those and they are 13-4. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Billl said:

You’ve clearly not read the rest of this thread.  Denying it is all anyone has done.

This is like having a Ferrari with the best tires and no brake pads... we're just waiting for the inevitable Rodgers IR report. They are literally refusing to upgrade their offensive line for a 40 year old QB who is used to having a Top 3 OL in the NFL!!!! You're obviously denying that.

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

More flawed logic. The Bills are gonna be better this year because the running game will be better with Cook, Harris, and Torrence on the OL. Other team gets RB and RB’s don’t matter. If the Jets D is solid as expected, Rodgers just have to distribute the ball to guys like Cook, Hall, Wilson. They will be a tough out for anyone. Going to hold a lot of teams under 20. With Rodgers and the players around him it’s going to be easier to score more than 20. They lost 6 games last year they held teams to 20 or less. Flip those and they are 13-4. 

Well said! That's why I referred to much of what has been said as Bills hate on the Jets. 

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This is like having a Ferrari with the best tires and no brake pads... we're just waiting for the inevitable Rodgers IR report. They are literally refusing to upgrade their offensive line for a 40 year old QB who is used to having a Top 3 OL in the NFL!!!! You're obviously denying that.

I heard all about a weak oline when the Bills played the Bengals. 

How did that weak Jets oline do vs Buffalo last year? If memory serves me right they ran the ball down the Bills throat repeatedly to run out the clock. That was with medicare RBs too. 

Last not be so quick to dismiss the Jets oline as a fatal flaw. The be jury is still out on the Bills oline. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Vomit 1

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Well said! That's why I referred to much of what has been said as Bills hate on the Jets. 

Of course it is, we're Bills fans **** the Jests. I believe old man Rodgers is going to get killed behind that line and Wilson will look awful when A-Aron goes down for a spell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

A lot of the offense will no doubt fall on Rodgers. 

I don't think that's the case. With a suspect OL, all they need Rodgers to do is be a smart game manager and make good throws when he has to.  Hall/Cook/Bam are the best RB combo in the NFL. We saw what Chubb/Hunt did in Cleveland with a horrid Baker. Plus the Jets have a superstar in Garret Wilson.  The Jets OL is not great in pass pro, but they are BIG and strong. They are going to push and jam it down your throat and when you stack the line to take that away, Rodgers has reliable hands in Cobb, Lazard who already know his tendencies. They will be a safety valve to keep the chains moving, while defenses try to double or move a safety over to account for Wilson. 

Rodgers won't make the bad passes that Zach Wilson did. He won't take the dumb sacks. He won't miss the open throws. That's all they need. They don't need a Josh to make superstar plays to bail them out.  They need a consistent, smart QB that eliminates mistakes and doesn't turn the ball over. 

With that strong defense, it allows the offense to play with control. Don't sleep on them.  The Jets have closed the gap and the Bills have to bring their A game to beat them.  I give them #2 in the East with Miami not too far behind.  Miami's defense should improve and they have game breakers on offense.  New England will play similar to the Jets on offense battering defenses with big RB's Stephenson and Elliot.  Billy goat runs a good D. 

The Bills can go 4-2 in this division or 2-4. I do not see a 6-0 sweep this year. I hope for it, but it is far from a given.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I don't think that's the case. With a suspect OL, all they need Rodgers to do is be a smart game manager and make good throws when he has to.  Hall/Cook/Bam are the best RB combo in the NFL. We saw what Chubb/Hunt did in Cleveland with a horrid Baker. Plus the Jets have a superstar in Garret Wilson.  The Jets OL is not great in pass pro, but they are BIG and strong. They are going to push and jam it down your throat and when you stack the line to take that away, Rodgers has reliable hands in Cobb, Lazard who already know his tendencies. They will be a safety valve to keep the chains moving, while defenses try to double or move a safety over to account for Wilson. 

Rodgers won't make the bad passes that Zach Wilson did. He won't take the dumb sacks. He won't miss the open throws. That's all they need. They don't need a Josh to make superstar plays to bail them out.  They need a consistent, smart QB that eliminates mistakes and doesn't turn the ball over. 

With that strong defense, it allows the offense to play with control. Don't sleep on them.  The Jets have closed the gap and the Bills have to bring their A game to beat them.  I give them #2 in the East with Miami not too far behind.  Miami's defense should improve and they have game breakers on offense.  New England will play similar to the Jets on offense battering defenses with big RB's Stephenson and Elliot.  Billy goat runs a good D. 

The Bills can go 4-2 in this division or 2-4. I do not see a 6-0 sweep this year. I hope for it, but it is far from a given.

Very well thought out. Good post. 

26 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Of course it is, we're Bills fans **** the Jests. I believe old man Rodgers is going to get killed behind that line and Wilson will look awful when A-Aron goes down for a spell.

Being a Bills fan doesn't mean being irrational. I like to think most Bills fans are knowledge people. Most can analyze teams, players,and data in a rational manner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.