Training Camp - 8/10 - 9:45am - Final day at Fisher (No Pads)

The Wiz

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Most contenders don't have a great backup

If you have a great backup you probably don't have a great starter... Kyle Allen's career passer rating is 10 points higher than Blaine gabbard the Chiefs backup

I am surprised we haven't kicked the tires on Carson Wentz. 

• Disagree 1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I saw a tweet earlier saying both Ken Dorsey & Diggs went after Elam for being really "handsy" in today's practice.

Yup,  but Elam for the most part should ignore them, if it’s not about letting them run plays so they get the timing down etc, outside of that he should do what he’s doing, he’s not there to let receivers catch the ball, 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup,  but Elam for the most part should ignore them, if it’s not about letting them run plays so they get the timing down etc, outside of that he should do what he’s doing, he’s not there to let receivers catch the ball, 

So at that point, where the holding has gotten so bad the OC & #1 WR are going directly up to the CB and complaining, what does McDermott do? On one hand HC McDermott should probably put a stop to it, but on the other hand DC McDermott is probably loving it.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

So at that point, where the holding has gotten so bad the OC & #1 WR are going directly up to the CB and complaining, what does McDermott do? On one hand HC McDermott should probably put a stop to it, but on the other hand DC McDermott is probably loving it.

Elam’s number one priority, like all CBs is to prevent WRs from catching the ball, like I said in previous posts in this thread, unless it’s a point of the offense getting their timing down, he should ignore both the OC & WR #1, their priorities are not Elam’s priorities. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

No need to bang any drum.  The 2023 season hasn’t even started yet.  Why don’t we let the season unfold and then start banging about what positions we should draft?

what if brown turns out to be the answer @ RT and Dawkins plays well?  What if the IOL shows lots of improvement?  What if gabe steps up and is resigned while Harty/Sherfield/shakir play the perfect compliment to Kincaid?  

I agree- WR and OL could be our priority in the draft next season….. IF the current options fail.  We might need a pass rusher/DT, MLB or safety.  BPA at a position of relative need.  

I just don’t see why anyone would be banging on anything regarding next years draft on august 10th

It seems like the most obvious positions that need an injection of high end talent and youth that’s why. And I’m confident that both will be big needs come draft time 

Edited by DJB

6 minutes ago, DJB said:

It seems like the most obvious positions that need an injection of high end talent and youth that’s why. And I’m confident that both will be big needs come draft time 

Could be-  I hope you’re wrong. I’m sure you hope the same.  

I just don’t understand why we’re already talking about banging the table for certain positions in next years draft.  We don’t even know which prospects we’ll be looking at.  

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Could be-  I hope you’re wrong. I’m sure you hope the same.  

I just don’t understand why we’re already talking about banging the table for certain positions in next years draft.  We don’t even know which prospects we’ll be looking at.  

Last time I checked this is a message board no? 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Elam’s number one priority, like all CBs is to prevent WRs from catching the ball, like I said in previous posts in this thread, unless it’s a point of the offense getting their timing down, he should ignore both the OC & WR #1, their priorities are not Elam’s priorities. 

The OC and WR1 are trying to help Elam - not sure why the DB coach is not - but if Elam gets called for PI and keeps our O off the field, its every bit as much of an issue as the drops we saw from l'il dirty and gabe last year that drove us all nuts. Just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

That’s what im saying too. The more physicality the better. You don’t want take that away from him

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

That’s what im saying too. The more physicality the better. You don’t want take that away from him

There is aggressive play, and stupid play.....Elam has mad skills, but he can't be giving up the first down before the ball comes close to the WR. 

2 minutes ago, bourbonboy said:

There is aggressive play, and stupid play.....Elam has mad skills, but he can't be giving up the first down before the ball comes close to the WR. 

So the only thing I’m gonna say on this is I don’t remember seeing Elam getting flagged for penalties whenever he was in the games last year sure does he need to work on his holding yes but the NFL allows a ton of holding if they didn’t allow holding sauce. Gardner wouldn’t be the player that is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.