I have the Bills 53 man roster right here

Matt_In_NH

Here is how I see the 53....actually 54 with Miller on PUP.   I think the Bills will trade one or two guys.    Based on reports I considered Shavers over Shorter but Beane likes his draft picks under 4 year contracts.

Updates prior to Preseason game 1

Morris in, Sterberger out.

Gilliam in Boettger out

Basham in,  no one out.  Explanation.  Every year the Bills set a 53 and waive someone (like Reid Ferguson) that they then sign back the next day after they put someone on IR.  I am predicting they do that with someone below.   So with miller, that makes 55 total guys which is what they did last year to start the season.

Updates prior Preseason Game 2

Brandon Shell out, Ryan Van DeMark in - Shell retired

Bubble guys:  Kyle Allen, Justin Shorter, David Quessenbury, Baylon Spector, Cam Lewis

Updates prior Preseason Game 3

Pushing for a spot:  Cam Cline, Kingsley Jonathan, Andy Isabella

Bubble guys:   Baylon Spector, Cam Lewis, Shaq Lawson, Damien Harris, Khalil Shakir

Trade candidates:  Epenesa, Basham, other DE's if a team is willing to pay something.  Shakir.  I think Beane will be exploring anything if someone is will to provide a pick or possbly a backup tackle.

Updates prior Final Cuts

Klein in, Spector out..he could be season IR or a roster gymnastics guy to get him to in season IR.  Want to find a way to keep Isabella....maybe over Lawson....I think they will weigth chances of guys getting poached, needs etc.   I can see them keeping 7 WR's but putting Shakir on IR

QB    2    Allen, Allen
RB    4    Cook, Harris, Murray, Gilliam
TE    3    Knox, Kincaid, Sternberger  Morris
WR    6    Diggs, Davis, Harty, Shakir, Sherfield, Shorter
OT    4    Dawkins, Brown, Quessenbury, Shell Van DeMark
OG    3    Torrence, McGovern, Edwards, Boettger
C    2    Morse, Bates

DT    5    Jones, Ford, Oliver, Phillips, Settle
DE    5.     Epenesa, Floyd, Lawson, Rousseau, Basham
LB    6    Bernard, Milano, D Williams, Spector, Dodson, Matekavich, Klein
CB    7    Elam, Jackson, T Johnson, Neal, White, Benford, Lewis
S    4    Poyer, Hyde, Rapp, Hamlin

K    1    Bass
H    1    Ferguson
P    1    Martin

PUP        Miller

Lets refine this.   If you are game, you can make one change to the above list.  Copy, paste edit your guy, cross out the guy I kept and put in your guy bolded.    Then someone can make a further edit.  Each person can make one edit and anyone added (bolded) cannot be removed.

Here are the key guys I have as not making it and prime candidates for the PS.  

QB    1    Barkley (Emergency QB)
RB    1    Evans
TE    1    Sternberger
WR    2    Isabella, Shavers
OT    2    Anderson, Doyle
OG    3    Mancz, Broeker, Boettger
C    0    

DT    1    Ankou
DE    2    Jonathan, Ray,
LB    1    Klein
CB    2    Austin, Ingram
S    1    Marlowe

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think this list is pretty close to accurate. I think I’d put Morris on there instead of Sternberger. Just think they really like him and his familiarity with the team. 

Also think Gillaim makes it. He’s a 4th RB, FB, and TE all in one. Not saying I think they need him but I think they like him. If they keep Sternberger they will keep Gilliam. If they keep Morris then maybe not. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Here is how I see the 53....actually 54 with Miller on PUP.   I think the Bills will trade one or two guys...I have Sternberger over Morris as a surprise.  I have Basham and Gilliam not making it.  Based on reports I considered Shavers over Shorter but Beane likes his draft picks under 4 year contracts.

QB    2    Allen, Allen
RB    3    Cook, Harris, Murray
TE    3    Knox, Kincaid, Sternberger
WR    6    Diggs, Davis, Harty, Shakir, Sherfield, Shorter
OT    4    Dawkins, Brown, Quessenbury, Shell
OG    4    Torrence, McGovern, Edwards, Boettger
C    2    Morse, Bates

DT    5    Jones, Ford, Oliver, Phillips, Settle
DE    4    Epenesa, Floyd, Lawson, Rousseau
LB    6    Bernard, Milano, D Williams, Spector, Dodson, Matekavich
CB    7    Elam, Jackson, T Johnson, Neal, White, Benford, Lewis
S    4    Poyer, Hyde, Rapp, Hamlin

K    1    Bass
H    1    Ferguson
P    1    Martin

PUP        Miller

Here are the key guys I have as not making it and prime candidates for the PS.   Some of the key cuts are underlined.   This years draft picks are italicized.  I suspect Gilliam will actually make it.

QB    1    Barkley (Emergency QB)
RB    2    Evans, Gilliam
TE    1    Morris
WR    2    Isabella, Shavers
OT    2    Anderson, Doyle,
OG    2    Mancz, Broeker
C    0    

DT    1    Ankou
DE    3    Jonathan, Ray, Basham
LB    1    Klein
CB    2    Austin, Ingram
S    1    Marlowe

Not bad.

I don't think Kyle Allen has done anything to claim a roster spot over Barkley.  If anything, to the contrary.

Hard to say, but the reports I've heard are that Morris is killing it over Sternberger.  Morris getting shots with the 1's.  I don't think Morris gets cut for Sternberger.

Also they love Gilliam for his ST work as well as his positional flexibility from FB to TE to receiving TE.  So unless Stermberger is putting some really surprising play at the end of preseason, it's Gilliam and Morris.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think this list is pretty close to accurate. I think I’d put Morris on there instead of Sternberger. Just think they really like him and his familiarity with the team. 

Also think Gillaim makes it. He’s a 4th RB, FB, and TE all in one. Not saying I think they need him but I think they like him. If they keep Sternberger they will keep Gilliam. If they keep Morris then maybe not. 

Well, also at least as far as reports that are coming out, Morris and Gilliam are getting some time with the 1s and playing well.

Also, I know some fans don't want to think about keeping players for ST, but both Morris and Gilliam have been core STers the last couple years.  Like >75% of the snaps.  In a year where the Bills finally moved on from core STers Taiwan Jones, Jake Kumerow, and Jaquan Johnson, I don't see them ditching Gilliam and Morris as well.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

3 safeties plus cam lewis? idk

Not 3 safeties. I might keep Marlowe. Or peruse the cut heap at the end of August.

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There are many on here that know better than me. How does this list look compared to previous years, position by position. For example…10 offensive linemen? Has that been the norm? 

Not the norm. And good point. Boettger could get axed from this projection.

Edited by Airseven

25 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think Isabella makes the 53

Agree. I think Isabella, Gilliam, and Klein all make the team unless veteran salaries get them cut in favor of cheap rookies/2nd year players.  

A lot can happen between now and Sept 11, and it's entirely possible an injury or two to any of the other 53 named could make way for these three. 

I think the slot receiver position is over-loaded, so could Shakir be odd man out? Traded for low draft pick? Calling Brian Dabol. Does Matakavich make it based on teams? Will Dodson show he's worthy with impressive play in preseason games or will Spector live up to some of his early hype? 

Of the 53, it's pretty easy to pick 45 or so.  We'll have our answers for the others in about 3 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.