Astro’s TC Report - Monday 7/31

Jerry Jabber

19 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Could you  be more specific than "kick returner "? Kickoff and punt returns are different and I'm curious about who the candidates are for each.

Patmon returning kicks?  Interesting as he is one of the Bills large receivers at about 6-4 220.

From the article:

"Darrynton Evans then Andy Isabella got the first punts of the practice. For Kick Return it’s Harty then Evans. Evans gets a squib kick, pausing only briefly to secure it better. The next is an onside kick. No kicks into the end zone.  The Chiefs kick will echo in our heads forever and ever and ever."

• Like (+1) 1

I love reading these, but I have to ask why he mentions “catch of the day” so many times. I feel like it should be used once. “All these plays are great, but in my opinion the catch of the day belongs to __________.” Makes more sense than saying it 4+ times and being left to think it over.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

I love reading these, but I have to ask why he mentions “catch of the day” so many times. I feel like it should be used once. “All these plays are great, but in my opinion the catch of the day belongs to __________.” Makes more sense than saying it 4+ times and being left to think it over.

Maybe he should raise his prices a bit if he’s going to face tough grading. 😋

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

That double reverse to Josh where he got laid out  should never be run again...wtf Dorsey?

It was the Philly Special, which is absolutely a play that they need to practice. Tarron Johnson should not have hit Allen. That's on him.

11 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cmon Dorsey let’s not get too cute in tc and get our franchise guy dinged up. I’m sure mcd wasn’t too happy about that one

Don't blame Dorsey. Blame Johnson for ignoring the red non-contact jersey.

• Like (+1) 2

Why does it have to be so hard for someone like Astro, who is providing a widely enjoyed public service to fans, to hard to get practice tickets? I realize he’s not Peter King, but I bet more of us know more about Astro’s views than Peter King’s. And, as a “real Bills fan”, he’s more informed with deeper insights into our issues. It just shouldn’t be so hard, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Why does it have to be so hard for someone like Astro, who is providing a widely enjoyed public service to fans, to hard to get practice tickets? I realize he’s not Peter King, but I bet more of us know more about Astro’s views than Peter King’s. And, as a “real Bills fan”, he’s more informed with deeper insights into our issues. It just shouldn’t be so hard, IMO. 

From what I hear, the tickets are gone as soon as they’re released. But I agree, if he’s doing bills fans a huge favor with his reporting, he should have tickets. I sure do appreciate his work.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Some players look much bigger in pads. “There is no helping Andy Isabella.”   😂 

I don't imagine many will be frightened by the sight of Deonte Harty in pads either.  They will be frightened when either of those two players has the ball and is running by them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

From the article:

"Darrynton Evans then Andy Isabella got the first punts of the practice. For Kick Return it’s Harty then Evans. Evans gets a squib kick, pausing only briefly to secure it better. The next is an onside kick. No kicks into the end zone.  The Chiefs kick will echo in our heads forever and ever and ever."

Thanks,when I read the first mention of kicks, I assumed that was it. 

Sucks that Hines got hurt but the Bills have numerous return candidates.  The new kickoff rule might soften the loss of Hines.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't imagine many will be frightened by the sight of Deonte Harty in pads either.  They will be frightened when either of those two players has the ball and is running by them.

Exactly.

Tyreek Hill is one of the most feared players in the league and it's not because of his size.

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Khalil Shakir is consistently taking #1 Slot reps but to some fans of this board he's not a lock to make the roster and "has to earn it".

Stating the obvious, but alot of fans have problems understanding that players can "improve".  Year 1 to Year 2, Year 2 to 3, etc.  It's not linear growth, and past comparisons or LYs production gets stuck in their minds.

Failing to see that most all NFL teams are relying/going through the same thing...at various positions.

Shakir looked good, from what I saw and noted.  He and Cook were 2 of the most improved players on offense.

Defensively, Settle looks alot quicker.  From how they are mixing up looks on DL, Groot as the 3T and Floyd at DE during obvious passing downs will cause alot of teams headaches.  Especially when Von returns on the other side

3 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Tyrod Taylor OVER THE MIDDLE.

• Haha (+1) 1

Glad to hear Floyd looks dominant.  He is a monster. Ppl forget he got a 16 mil per multi year contract in 21. Dude was borderline elite the last 3 years. DL should be dominant. So much talent/depth 

Also like Boogie at DT and Cook/Harris looking good. 

Just overall this looks on paper and the field a much much better team than our SB favorite roster last year

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Glad to hear Floyd looks dominant.  He is a monster. Ppl forget he got a 16 mil per multi year contract in 21. Dude was borderline elite the last 3 years. DL should be dominant. So much talent/depth 

Also like Boogie at DT and Cook/Harris looking good. 

Just overall this looks on paper and the field a much much better team than our SB favorite roster last year

I'm hoping.  Every year we keep saying this and it doesn't come to fruition.  If we finally have a pass rush it will completely transform how this Defense plays.  Fingers crossed

3 hours ago, Augie said:

The problem is that the new generation of guys covering the team via blogs and podcasts aren’t credentialed as media.

So they have to compete against the rest of us punks for tickets, and the skill set that’s best for covering football outside traditional media isn’t the skill set for optimal ticket-grabbing.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The problem is that the new generation of guys covering the team via blogs and podcasts aren’t credentialed as media.

So they have to compete against the rest of us punks for tickets, and the skill set that’s best for covering football outside traditional media isn’t the skill set for optimal ticket-grabbing.

I get it, but it feels like when they came up with credit-scoring in loan decisions. I understand, but there should still be room to THINK. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Westside said:

From what I hear, the tickets are gone as soon as they’re released. But I agree, if he’s doing bills fans a huge favor with his reporting, he should have tickets. I sure do appreciate his work.

He is a total asset to all of us every darn year, I really like his reports, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.