NFL Owners Expected to approve today the sale of the Washington Commanders

Jerry Jabber

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

When I bought my house 28 years ago I found a Washington jersey left behind (apparently it was used as a rag) which I used on my scarecrow for several years.  I started using it on Halloween on a dummy I hanged from a tree which I used to scare kids controlling it.  A few years after $nyder bought team I looked for a Dan $nyder mask for it and could not. One store said they carried it but it sells out as fast as they were displayed.  Had one person stop with Redsuck plates and stadium reserved parking sticker and I was told to stop doing this or I'd be sued.  I told him it was a classic original player jersey and if he wanted it he'd have to make me a 4 figure offer.  He never showed up again and did not buy it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Native American Guardians Association on Twitter: "🚨BREAKING: Native American Guardian’s Association Founder & President Eunice Davidson Sent a Demand Letter Today to Washington "Commanders" Ownership & Key Leadership Formally Requesting The Team Revitalize it's Relationship With The American Indian Community & Rightfully Change… https://t.co/cpau4hVq6H" / X

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Native American Guardians Association on Twitter: "🚨BREAKING: Native American Guardian’s Association Founder & President Eunice Davidson Sent a Demand Letter Today to Washington "Commanders" Ownership & Key Leadership Formally Requesting The Team Revitalize it's Relationship With The American Indian Community & Rightfully Change… https://t.co/cpau4hVq6H" / X

See also, cut us a check.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Like I’ve consistently said from the beginning on this topic. Deleting these proud societies that’ve earned the respect of their adversaries from our collective consciousness does not help them.

non-NA’s trying to impress other non-NA’s about how good they are, patting each other on the back, mindless of the destruction they leave in their wake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, T&C said:

The Chicago hockey team must know something no one else does.

Even Lancaster bought into this stuff...

You can't see the difference between "REDSKIN" and "BLACKHAWK?"

The issue isn't ANY reference to native Americans....the issue is with derogatory equivalents of the "N" word with regard to native Americans.

Anyhoo, if the native Americans can group together and make peace with the new ownership, that would be great.

I personally don't think anyone at the football team ever meant to insult native Americans.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Who are they and what standing do they hold in the community? 

without context it’s akin to citing a single random tweet as newsworthy content 

1. They don't have a website

2. One of their leaders is a guy who wrote a book he is trying to sell called How the Redskins Got Their Name - http://www.redskinsname.com/

3. The acronym for this group is... how do I say... pretty damn close to the acronym for another group

Pretty fishy but the people will argue without researching.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.