TSW offseason awards?

BADOLBILZ

3 minutes ago, Prospector said:

I know it is valid when Jauranimo liked your post... I really am making a difference. You should see him get riled up in the NHL talks

I've told you several times now.  I'm flattered but I'm just not interested. Its time for you to move on.

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

This is an awesome thread idea. I think that you should do this every year going forward, and you have to do it right on the cusp of training camp. That's because you really only get a true picture of someone over the course of an offseason. 

Other award ideas: angriest and most reactive poster during gameday threads. Requirement: at least five blow-ups over bad plays (fire whoever, cut his ass, so-and-so sucks, this effing team is on course for 8-9, etc. etc.) *on average* during the gameday threads in which said poster participates. There are a LOT of competitive candidates for this one!

Also: poster who is most gullible about click-bait news stories that put forth trade/internal team controversy etc. rumors  based on virtually nothing and who compulsively starts threads about them.    

Anyway, if you do this long enough, we could even have a preseason fantasy league draft of posters based on the awards scheme that gets handed down in late July. The points are then calculated a year later, bearing in mind that the stretch run performance (i.e., the offseason) matters a lot in the ultimate evaluation. I also think it only works if you get to be the sole judge (which means you can't get awards yourself, but you make up for that fact by getting to play god). 

Some additional categories:

Most likely to blow a gasket over something Colin Cowherd says

Most likely to start a thread with "hear me out"

Most likely to overuse emojis

1 minute ago, eball said:

Some additional categories:

Most likely to blow a gasket over something Colin Cowherd says

Most likely to start a thread with "hear me out"

Most likely to overuse emojis

Most likely to kick tires

Most likely to say hot seat

Most likely to say process

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

I'm shocked I didn't win an award for most drunk during the offseason. 

Shocked I tell ya

You slept thru the vote. Must be present to win. 

I know, it’s rigged! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:19 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

Wow that is a trash take 

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

What should be the award be for someone who constantly complains about how the Bills organization is run but also has an OTW thread dedicated to how well orchestrated and superior the New York Yankees are?  Delusion award?

Too soon 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

You loved Bledsoe didn’t you?

Who didn’t, for eight games…, 😂

23 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Who didn’t, for eight games…, 😂

I remember sitting at a bar after Monday night tennis and telling a buddy something like “Did you know Drew Bledsoe had 568 yards yesterday?” The guy to my left almost fell out of his chair. That was the first time I realized how serious some people take their fantasy stuff.

That guy’s deal was he had won $2Mil in some lottery, so I assume his gambling interests didn’t disappear. I was having a beer after tennis. He was freaking out. That would kill me. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.