Vivek Ramaswamy for president 2024?

10 hours ago, Magox said:

Vivek's previously held views on masks.

This was in July of 2020, when there was already plenty of available data that masks were not making any sort of a real impact.  Here he is siding with Sanders for a national "Masks for all" plan.

Here is Vivek deriding conservatives for opposing wearing masks.

Here he is in 2022 still pushing masks and social distancing.

The point is this, it's ok to have your positions to naturally evolve (even though there was plenty of evidence at the time to make a different determination), the issue is that there were a some people on the right that were fighting the fight in real time and taking heat for having at that time unpopular positions in the public who eventually were proven right.    When the fight mattered, Vivek was on the side of mainstream thought.   

For me, that's an automatic disqualifier because it shows you who they are when the time counts.

Interesting…definitely not a fan of the Soros comments, or that he was on a list of billionaires being praised by the WEF…🤔

Hopefully he will be asked about his mask stance in the debates…

I certainly wouldn’t put it passed the global Establishment class to insert a double agent into the running in the Republican primary…

After all, the WEF has bragged about getting their puppets elected into other countries…we shall see…

EDIT: As I’ve had time to back and read his comments several more times, I noticed there isn’t much context, and that they could easily be misinterpreted…

Case in point- Vivek never states that all Americans should be forced to wear masks…But instead, he suggests that the federal government should pay for masks for all Americans…He even says that it is “personal responsibility” instead of it being mandated…still would like to hear him clarify at the debates…

Second, although I despise the Nazi, George Soros, Vivek is simply agreeing with him that the Chinese leader is dangerous to the free world…

That being said, I always hold that it is of vital importance to always be skeptical of government and that’s what I try to do…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Does Vivek have kids? Because to me, 8 years old = 2nd grade. I thought I heard here that talking about anything related to sex with a 2nd grader was per se "grooming."

Yeah, apparently Jay thought it was a positive tweet from him lol.

Great interview. The last answer is the best. He would seek Trumps advice about reducing federal bureaucracy. His #1 domestic policy agenda is to reduce federal head count by 75%.

An essential move if we hope to root out the marxists. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Damn he called out black rock/vanguard.  Hope he has good security 

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1693342053030051990?t=7GEbQoYmFkOJCVDtQc-n6g&s=19

Here's what he posted:

BlackRock, State Street, & Vanguard represent arguably the most powerful cartel in human history: they’re the largest shareholders of nearly every major public company (even of each other) & they use *your* own money to foist ESG agendas onto corporate boards - voting for “racial equity audits” & “Scope 3 emissions caps” that don’t advance your best financial interests. This raises serious fiduciary, antitrust, and conflict-of-interest concerns.

So far, a legitimate point. These companies are, of course, the biggest shareholders because they run the biggest mutual funds.

But then this:

As President I will cut off the real hand that guides the ESG movement - not the invisible hand of the free market, but the invisible fist of government itself.

This simply doesn't follow. He says private companies are behind the ESG investing agenda, but then blames the "invisible fist of the government itself." 

It probably sounds good to the low information voters he is courting, but it is meaningless.

What he seems to want is MORE government regulation of the markets, to be achieved through government control, imposing new fiduciary standards on private investment companies. Remember that the next time this vulture investor talks about "too much regulation."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/23/vivek-ramaswamy-martin-shkreli-pharma-00098338

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 1

On 8/21/2023 at 2:54 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Here's what he posted:

BlackRock, State Street, & Vanguard represent arguably the most powerful cartel in human history: they’re the largest shareholders of nearly every major public company (even of each other) & they use *your* own money to foist ESG agendas onto corporate boards - voting for “racial equity audits” & “Scope 3 emissions caps” that don’t advance your best financial interests. This raises serious fiduciary, antitrust, and conflict-of-interest concerns.

So far, a legitimate point. These companies are, of course, the biggest shareholders because they run the biggest mutual funds.

But then this:

As President I will cut off the real hand that guides the ESG movement - not the invisible hand of the free market, but the invisible fist of government itself.

This simply doesn't follow. He says private companies are behind the ESG investing agenda, but then blames the "invisible fist of the government itself." 

It probably sounds good to the low information voters he is courting, but it is meaningless.

What he seems to want is MORE government regulation of the markets, to be achieved through government control, imposing new fiduciary standards on private investment companies. Remember that the next time this vulture investor talks about "too much regulation."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/23/vivek-ramaswamy-martin-shkreli-pharma-00098338

None of those companies are private, they are publicly traded.

You notice how much of the stimies went directly to Blackrock/Vanguard controlled companies?  Same ones that also heavily support the left and the ESG, DEI movement.

Its like a big circle. PACS get politicians elected, Politicians promote legislation and spending to Companies that PACS support.  Companies fund the same PACS.  

maybe he is referencing removing tax exempt status from those groups (duel PAC/Charity) that rank and promote it. 

The duel "Political pac/charity" game is out of control.

Edited by Chris farley

36 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

maybe he is referencing removing tax exempt status from those groups (duel PAC/Charity) that rank and promote it. 

Well, then say what you mean.

As it stands, we have a member of the capitalist/investor class calling out his colleagues for doing something he doesn't like, and saying he'll put a stop to all of that.

How? To whom? With what limitations?

Like I said: sounds oh-so-good and tough to low information voters.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, then say what you mean.

As it stands, we have a member of the capitalist/investor class calling out his colleagues for doing something he doesn't like, and saying he'll put a stop to all of that.

How? To whom? With what limitations?

Like I said: sounds oh-so-good and tough to low information voters.

I kind of did.  removing Tax exempt status from Charities playing PAC could be a start.  If you're going to be a PAC, be a PAC. With all its financial disclosure regs. 

shouldn't have charities pushing wedge issues while also being a partisan PAC.

I am in the boat that publicly trades corporations should not be funding and promoting parties thought Charities and PACS.  Cause we get what we have now, a government that's representative of those groups, vs us.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Reason Everyone Is Piling on Vivek Ramaswamy

By Joe Cunningham 

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2023/08/24/so-why-is-everyone-piling-on-vivek-ramaswamy-n2162985

I like the instinctive "its from a conservative source, so I'll instinctively like it" response from another poster here.

tl;dr

"Overall, I don’t think he came out looking strong from it. He’s certainly overshadowed a lot of people, but he didn’t really prove himself to be a presidential candidate. Instead, he proved himself to be an annoying millennial on the stage who thinks he knows better than everybody else."

Oops.

I'm the one who should be liking the article. Get it right next time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I

"Overall, I don’t think he came out looking strong from it. He’s certainly overshadowed a lot of people, but he didn’t really prove himself to be a presidential candidate. Instead, he proved himself to be an annoying millennial on the stage who thinks he knows better than everybody else."

So Pete Buttigeig? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Funny, I hit "like" when I appreciate the posters effort to bring in something new to the conversation,

Not that I "automatically" agree with everything in the post.

Oh well, everyone knows Frank is black and white with his thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

So what PAC is funding his run?  and who is/what is funding that?

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/american-exceptionalism-institute/summary?id=D000073751

6 million war chest with no disclosure. 

So far American Exceptionalism PAC has spent $484,000 on ads, according to AdImpact. That's a fraction of the $92.9 million that GOP outside groups and candidates have spent on ads so far

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/-ramaswamy-super-pac-launches-new-ad-gop-debate-rcna101618

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It just looks like they’re all scared shitless to say anything bad about Trump

Therefore they’re all just last loser

Unless some of them actually agree with Trump’s policies…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

There is just too much to question.  

They’re also promoting him bc he’s there for Trump to take votes from DeSantis.  Vivek (never attacked by Trump) will be Trump’s press secretary in an administration that’s never going to happen.

Wish it weren’t the case….but I live I reality.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh, I’m sure that they agree with a lot of us policies

It’s just you can’t become president by being Trump light

Agreed…

it’s a little bit of a tight rope that the candidates have to traverse…

But at the beginning of the campaign, I predicted that that the most optimal way forward for any Republican nominee would be the strategy that Vivek is currently employing- praising Trump for his accomplishments to satisfy MAGA, and then explain how you are best able to build on top of that, and take it even further…

I just didn’t see any other way that had a chance of leading to success…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1