McDermott a guest at Sabres dev camp

PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I pretty much gave up on Hockey when the alleged totally arbitrary system of draft selections cost the Sabres Connor McDavid.

Similar to the farce with the NBA and Webanmaya (?) magically going to San Antonio,

where was he supposed to go?

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Dick didn’t make the playoffs with a second rate QB, so Sean doesn’t suck as much as Dick did,  ah, the good old days when we had to review the film to address the short comings, “its hard to win in the NFL”.  😂

Was sarcasm my friend 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Was sarcasm my friend 

I know , I guess I failed when I ran with it , 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I pretty much gave up on Hockey when the alleged totally arbitrary system of draft selections cost the Sabres Connor McDavid.

Similar to the farce with the NBA and Webanmaya (?) magically going to San Antonio,

The rules for the lottery that year gave the Sabres an 80% chance of not winning the lottery and drafting second, not first.

In other words McDavid wearing blue and gold had a 20% chance of happening, Eichel 80%.

As prospects in that draft "McEichel" was a saying for a reason. Finishing dead last, as the Sabres did,  guaranteed them one of them.

Edited by BillsFanNC

16 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

I totally understand where you’re coming from we lost Connor McDavid and the Jack Eichel second choice attitude wise was really never committed to Buffalo like Connor McDavid would have been. It was really cruel what happened here in Buffalo no one gave Buffalo Sabres fans the choice to tank that was PSE short sighted decision. PSE never thought what if one of the players didn’t want to really come here to Buffalo. PSE thought wrongly once Jack Eichel got to Buffalo PSE would win him over with there understanding and a whole lot of money. The only thing is there are a lot of choices in a 32 team NHL compared to a 18 team NHL when I first started as a Buffalo Sabres fan your only choice was the 14 team WHA. So definitely in the 1970’s Terry Pegula’s plan would have worked. But today with Sun Belt markets in the NHL now knocking the Buffalo Sabres house down and completely start building a new house again wasn’t a great idea. Buffalo having the limitations we had took years to get back to where we are before the tank now. I was critical of the Buffalo Sabres tank from day one and if the Buffalo Sabres ever do a ridiculous plan like that to tank again Buffalo might not have a NHL team in Buffalo anymore next time. Because the Buffalo Sabres paid a huge price we lost several thousand season memberships probably gone for good one of the many reasons was because of that tank failure of Jack Eichel in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Eichel was excited to come to Buffalo, once he got here things changed.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm guessing most of the conversation was spent trying to make McClappy understand what icing is, or perhaps even more advanced concepts like Offside.

😂

Maybe, although McDermott grew up in the Philly sububrs and played sports, so it's possible (probable?) that he was a Flyers fan and watched hockey growing up.  Most guys that I know are familar with the basic rules of football, hockey, basketball, baseball, etc.  But I realize that your comment was somewhat in jest....

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They got a nice consolation prize in Eichel though. 

Who got us Tuch, Krebs, Ostland and Greenway in the end. 

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Eichel was excited to come to Buffalo.

Not really. He was never thrilled to be here. But he didn't have a choice.

Why is anyone even bringing up Eichel? That’s old news. We got a lot of great pieces from that deal, and Eichel would have never brought this team to where they’re headed. I would’ve traded Eichel for Tuch straight up since Eichel leaving was a positive all on its own. 

Sabres have a fun and exciting young team. The draft couldn’t have gone better, imo. Getting Benson where we did makes zero sense, and I couldn’t be happier about it. Might need to retire the Lafontaine jersey. The defensive players they added in free agency should help a lot. 

Johnson playing the role of the wiley old vet that has won a Stanley cup to help mentor the youngins. Clifton will bring some much needed grit and nastiness, if paired with Power will really help to allow Power to open up offensively. 

Tage and this team are super young and super talented. And that’s not even mentioning the ridiculously stacked prospect pool.

The only negative I really see for this team is that the pool is so overfull, it’s going to be hard to give these kids a chance on the roster. I think moving Olofsson would help there a bit. 

I would’ve liked a move for a goalie, but they were a point away from the playoffs. Levi playing a larger role, the young guns having another year under their belt, and the added meat should be enough to get them over the hump. 

Regardless, whether it’s next season or later, this team has so much to be excited about. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Agree 1

On 7/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, Watkins101 said:

Fixed it for you. 
Even though they didn’t make the playoffs last season (one win away), they were widely considered to be one of if not the most fun to watch teams.

I went to the Minnesota overtime game last season.  Tons of fun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.