McDermott a guest at Sabres dev camp

PromoTheRobot

On 7/7/2023 at 7:27 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Boo this man 

Why let it go Buffalo? Jack Eichel didn’t want to play here anymore and I not sure he ever really did want to play here in Buffalo. It didn’t help that the young man as soon as he was drafted heard that incompetent Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray say he would have preferred Connor McDavid to the media. Again one can think that but a Buffalo Sabres GM that just drafted Jack Eichel shouldn’t be saying it. That is how screwed up the Buffalo Sabres organization has been. I don’t see any point to boo Jack Eichel. Boo Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula for hiring incompetent GM Tim Murray and GM Jason Botterill in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, I am leaving for good said:

Why let it go Buffalo? Jack Eichel didn’t want to play here anymore and I not sure he ever really did want to play here in Buffalo. It didn’t help that the young man as soon as he was drafted heard that incompetent Buffalo Sabres GM Tim Murray say he would have preferred Connor McDavid to the media. Again one can think that but a Buffalo Sabres GM that just drafted Jack Eichel shouldn’t be saying it. That is how screwed up the Buffalo Sabres organization has been. I don’t see any point to boo Jack Eichel. Boo Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula for hiring incompetent GM Tim Murray and GM Jason Botterill in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

It is so wild to me the Eichel thing is so contentious. Eichel was right in wanting out. The Sabres were right to want to reset without him. Both the Sabres and Golden Knights are better after the trade. I don't get all the ill will towards the GMKA/Eichel camps. It is weird. 

I do have a spicy take though. I am higher on the Sabres going forward than I am on the Bills. Of course I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. The NFL is built around the QB and the Bills have one so they are always in the hunt. But I think the Bills arch is starting to plateau and I think the Sabres are pointing steeply up. I haven't had this much fun watching hockey since 05-06. I predict 105-110 points this season. The Bills last year felt like the 06-07 Sabres season. 

(Now that I put it into writing, look for the Sabres to totally bottom out and the Bills to win the SB this year)

Edited by Mango

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.