Just ate at the original Bar-Bill!

BillsFan619

As some of you know, I’m a die-hard who lives on the West Coast. My family and I are going to the Bills, Chargers game in December. Woohoo!

For those that live in the Buffalo area, you know this already, but you have a keeper.

Their original wings were amazing. WOW!!! The blue cheese was great too. Loved the vibe as well.

Question for Bills Mafia who live in the area:

I was surprised that they didn’t have a lot of Bills stuff up. I think I only saw one Bills sign that was lit up in the whole place.

Does that change during the season? Is there more Bills stuff up?

Go Bills!!!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

there's on opening soon in rochester too.  i hope it's somewhat close the the quality of the buffalo location.  they had an anchor bar here for a while that did not go so well.

We had, and maybe still have, an Anchor Bar by a college not too far away. I went twice trying very hard to like it. Not well executed. I shouldn’t have to try THAT hard. 

We HAD a Duff’s about 45 miles away and I’d go a couple times a year. They did a GREAT job, but apparently not good enough. They disappeared around the beginning of Covid, not sure if it was related or coincidence, but I miss it! 

Congrats on the Bar Bill coming near you. That would be a regular in my rotation if they can pull it off. 

• Like (+1) 3

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Just ate at the original Bar-Bills!

For what it's worth, I have been gone from WNY for a few decades myself, but visited last fall for the GB game.  Went with friends to the Bar Bill in Clarence (near the Amherst border at Main and Transit).  It was good.  Not over the top great, but solidly good.  That said, due to some airline mishaps, I was thrilled to be ANYWHERE in WNY and drinking a cold beer with a waitress bringing food to the table.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My lil bro was likely in charge of separating your wings from flats and/or putting your bleu cheese into a a container in the back. His shift started at 5 pm. 

To your question, OP, I do not think it changes as far as Bills stuff during the season. Bar Bill in EA usually looks the same as far as interior decorating goes from what I recall. (My favorite is their “Rehab is for Quitters” sign in the men’s room.)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

They said Mid June.  Not sure when the planned opening date is now

my understanding was it was opening very soon, but i didn't know it was mid june.  hopefully by the end of the summer.  i think they build onto the outside seating as well.

12 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

My lil bro was likely in charge of separating your wings from flats and/or putting your bleu cheese into a a container in the back. His shift started at 5 pm. 

To your question, OP, I do not think it changes as far as Bills stuff during the season. Bar Bill in EA usually looks the same as far as interior decorating goes from what I recall. (My favorite is their “Rehab is for Quitters” sign in the men’s room.)

Oh, bro, we must’ve just missed him. We ordered at around 4 PM.

Since your brother works there, do you know why they don’t put up Bills stuff?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

As some of you know, I’m a die-hard who lives on the West Coast. My family and I are going to the Bills, Chargers game in December. Woohoo!

For those that live in the Buffalo area, you know this already, but you have a keeper.

Their original wings were amazing. WOW!!! The blue cheese was great too. Loved the vibe as well.

I was surprised that they didn’t have a lot of Bills stuff up. I think I only saw one Bills sign that was lit up in the whole place.

Go Bills!!!

Blue cheese ???

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

there's on opening soon in rochester too.  i hope it's somewhat close the the quality of the buffalo location.  they had an anchor bar here for a while that did not go so well.

The Bar Bill near me in the Williamsville/Clarence area is not as good as the original in East Aurora. But it is still pretty good though - and better than most of the alternatives. I’d expect the one in Rochester to be on par with that. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

Oh, bro, we must’ve just missed him. We ordered at around 4 PM.

Since your brother works there, do you know why they don’t put up Bills stuff?

I’ll ask if he knows. I grew up in EA and never really gave it a thought or noticed until you pointed it out. My guess is it’s just not necessarily trying to be a Bills bar per se despite “Bill” being in the title. 

27 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Bar Bill near me in the Williamsville/Clarence area is not as good as the original in East Aurora. But it is still pretty good though - and better than most of the alternatives. I’d expect the one in Rochester to be on par with that. 

Where is the new one in Rochester going to be exactly ?
Absolutely will check it out !

Glad for the OP 619 who enjoyed the foodie visit part of the trip !  Cheers :)

41 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Blue cheese ???

Critical part of the equation.

dont tell me you are garlic and ranch or of other some such unnatural leanings ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Go Bills!!!

It’s a local bar with limited space. Grew up in EA and it has remained the same. Of course it’s a Bills bar. No need to take up wall space with something we already know. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I’ve put this elsewhere, but it fits here. A neighbor of ours is an architect and went to Buffalo on a “architectural vacation” while his wife was at the beach. He sent me zero pictures of architecture, but the wings and beer came in first. I laughed and said he needs to try the pizza and seconds later I get a great shot of pizza and beer! 

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

It’s a local bar with limited space. Grew up in EA and it has remained the same. Of course it’s a Bills bar. No need to take up wall space with something we already know. 

That’s an interesting perspective I can respect. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It's always been the same quality to me at both places but there is a lot more elbow room at the one near you.   You can have a long lunch meeting at that Williamsville/Clarence one.......the East Aurora one the seating is so sparse that the feeling that you are costing the wait staff money by not getting in-and-out quick is palpable.

50 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I can't put my finger on what is different. Something is off.  The wings are nice juicy and crispy. Is it the sauce? 

37 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Critical part of the equation.

dont tell me you are garlic and ranch or of other some such unnatural leanings ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=bar-bill+east+rochester&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&si=AMnBZoEZ8aFftZu792frFYrnK9KQYGXRL3UTeDeHB9-uc0sfFQBVzkhCtUymFENGao7OaDszVTa6GjwUmR8hyT77x0JAonNtBcTRxjoPc85XT1w3agpbaLXwRcQtvccr8Q6QpUp4r3Th&ictx=1&ved=2ahUKEwjKuYq1o-L_AhVEFVkFHVchDNQQyNoBKAB6BAgeEAc#

on Empire near base of Irondequoit Bay.  

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I can't put my finger on what is different. Something is off.  The wings are nice juicy and crispy. Is it the sauce? 

I told my friend and his wife what I thought. They’d only been to the Williamsville one and thought it was great so they didn’t believe me about E. Aurora. Then a couple months later they went to it and got wing there. He said he could t believe it but I was right, E. Aurora was just better. He said he talked to the bartender about it and he said that it’s the experience of the people there and the equipment. They’re just more dialed in.

I do think the sauce is a little different too. I’m a medium guy at E. Aurora but medium hot at Williamsville. 

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I told my friend and his wife what I thought. They’d only been to the Williamsville one and thought it was great so they didn’t believe me about E. Aurora. Then a couple months later they went to it and got wing there. He said he could t believe it but I was right, E. Aurora was just better. He said he talked to the bartender about it and he said that it’s the experience of the people there and the equipment. They’re just more dialed in.

I do think the sauce is a little different too. I’m a medium guy at E. Aurora but medium hot at Williamsville. 

I did notice take out at EA is a little different than the bar or was a couple years ago. They cook in a different kitchen. Could def be the experience and equipment. Seemed like there was more sauce and more of something in the sauce at williamsville. Still very good but not quite the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.