Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

Granato needs to go. Get a real NHL coach. Cousins is not right and im hoping its just the full visor. And I'm just so sick of Okposo. Why is he out there so much? The team has been off from the beginning of the year. Thats on the coach. Levi needs to go down and Kulich needs to come up. Really sad they are pissing this year away.

• Agree 1

oh my gosh I didn't miss anything by not seeing these last couple of games. Except a lot of aggravation.

It's disappointing reading about it.   That's the best I can put it. They need to get back on track. What the heck gives???

10 hours ago, muppy said:

oh my gosh I didn't miss anything by not seeing these last couple of games. Except a lot of aggravation.

It's disappointing reading about it.   That's the best I can put it. They need to get back on track. What the heck gives???

Well 3rd period Friday vs the Penguins was fun to see. But not much else. Saturday in NJ was a total cluster....

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It’s great to see him playing so well.

I know it feels like he’s been around for quite a while but he’s actually still young for a goalie (24yrs old). Ryan Miller didn’t become a starter for the Sabres until he was 26.

I hope he can grab the #1 job and run with it! If he keeps playing like he has been, Granato needs to start using him more like a #1. I know they want to get Levi games but he’s struggling right now and the Sabres can’t afford to develop a goalie at the NHL level. If UPL and Comrie keep consistently out-playing Levi they need to bite the bullet and send him to Rochester, where he can get a #1 workload.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Detroit Red Wings signed Patrick Kane to a 1 year, $2.5 million deal.

Fine by me! I was nervous about Buffalo signing him after the hip procedure he had. I don’t think any NHL player has ever been able to come back from it. Iirc the most games played by someone who had that procedure is 30-something games (?)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Fine by me! I was nervous about Buffalo signing him after the hip procedure he had. I don’t think any NHL player has ever been able to come back from it. Iirc the most games played by someone who had that procedure is 30-something games (?)

I am a little relieved.  I wouldn't have hated a one year deal but I don't expect Kane will provide much of anything besides a decent example for all the rookies.  His roster spot is more valuable letting some of the rookies and call ups get action and develop at this point in his career. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Best game in a long time last night. Hard fought win, great to see UPL play like a wall 

UPLform.jpg

39 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

25 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am a little relieved.  I wouldn't have hated a one year deal but I don't expect Kane will provide much of anything besides a decent example for all the rookies.  His roster spot is more valuable letting some of the rookies and call ups get action and develop at this point in his career. 

I never believed Kane-to-Sabres was serious. Always felt like Buffalo was a stalking horse for Kane's agent to get other teams interested. Kane made no sense in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

UPL aka 6K should be the #1 going forward! Let Levi spell him here and there as he regains some mojo.

Think I have seen enough of Comrie.

I think the Kane thing wasn't an agent thing necessarily, more that I imagine something he always wanted to do even if it didnt really make sense at this time.

6 hours ago, QCity said:

Playing once a week wasn't helping him.

I’m glad to see them make this move. It needed to be made. Now we have 2 goalies, like normal teams and they can start getting into a groove playing games instead of trying to rotate 3 goalies.

Plus, like you said, playing so infrequently wasn’t helping him. Now he can hopefully play more often (though it looks like he might enter a similar 3 goalie rotation in Rochester).

I think this sends the right message to the Sabres players too. This season isn’t about development, it’s about winning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I hate this team, so jekyll and hyde

I didn't see it but they outshot them 46-20, had more takeaways and only had 4 giveaways to the Blues 13.

Do they win that game if they get any goaltending?

23 minutes ago, Simon said:

I didn't see it but they outshot them 46-20, had more takeaways and only had 4 giveaways to the Blues 13.

Do they win that game if they get any goaltending?

Yes. Defense had issues but UPL was a train wreck. On one goal it looked like he was taking a walk to 7-11 to buy a six-pack.

12 hours ago, QCity said:

Yes. Defense had issues but UPL was a train wreck. On one goal it looked like he was taking a walk to 7-11 to buy a six-pack.

My wife asked me why I was yelling at the TV on this one!  Like wtf was he doing!??!?!

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

My wife asked me why I was yelling at the TV on this one!  Like wtf was he doing!??!?!

It doesn't help that he blew the angle badly, but there's also about 3-4 guys on the ice with him at that moment who simply don't skate at an NHL level.