Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

That is one hell of an allegation and a new one on me. Is it possible for you to post a link where you learned this?

Can you post a link to a Neuralink yet?  🧠 💻 🤣

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Can someone give bullet points and a debrief of this without the drama?

And miss all the fun?

Also you we are all n0w g0ing t0 write like this:

Can s0me0ne give bullet p0ints and a debried with0ut all the drama?

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

So he is lying? 

Jerry Sullivan?

No. I don't think he's lying. But didn't literally every Bills fan say something like this: "Diggs is a great addition, but let's hope that he leaves that diva behavior behind in Minnesota."

I suspect he's giving "Fitz told me" a little more weight than it warrants.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

1) Big distraction to start the season

2) Knowingly making the focus about him instead of the team

3) Not providing leadership to the young guys

4) Not being clear as to what his grievance is

Bad teammate territory here. Unless Dorsey slept with Mrs Diggs

Hey sleep with who ever you want I say.

I mean it did not hurt the indians in Major League.  Charlie Sheen totally nailed Corben Bernsen's wife and they got along just fine....I think they even beat the Yankees...which if you know anything about baseball the 1989 New York Yankees were a juggernaut.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

Pretty much accepted based on rumors? They had a happy photo on Instagram after this event supposedly happened. 

And if it is true, how did Josh do his family dirty? His gf is not his family. 

I too have posted happy pictures in toxic relationships. 

Firebaugh is a town of 8,000 people. Josh knew Brittany because their families are very good friends. Josh has changed the dynamics of his parents relationships with their friends. Friends they had before Josh and Brittany got together. 

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I still have no idea what “cap” or “to cap” is. To lie? Diggs seriously needs to grow up. Nobody has time for some weird personal issue from grown men.

yes.

cap=lie

no cap=no lie (which is how I’ve mostly heard it from my kids and their friends)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Hey sleep with who ever you want I say.

I mean it did not hurt the indians in Major League.  Charlie Sheen totally nailed Corben Bernsen's wife and they got along just fine....I think they even beat the Yankees...which if you know anything about baseball the 1989 New York Yankees were a juggernaut.

Yeah, but they then lost the World Series according to the sequel. It was at the very beginning of it which is how I know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Edit: it’s captured in replies anyway. Wasn’t worth posting. Caused more *****-stirring and agitation than I thought it would. 

It’s unbelievably tough to talk to someone who is associated with a public personality and discuss just the content of the person’s comments online. 

We can never get away from getting sucked into the game of challenge the veracity of the poster, the veracity of the alleged association, the veracity of the content. I knew that before I posted though. Zero sum game.  

Edited by Juror#8
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

McDermott shouldn’t have made it public

Diggs made it public when he didn't show up.  Nothing McD was going to say in response to a direct question "Are you concerned?" was going to make the issue or media spotlight go away.  If he said "No" the headline would be 'Coach doesn't care star player blows off team', if he gave some non-answer he'd be flogged for avoiding the questions and all the speculation would still exist. 

I don't understand why so many people are so upset over the words "Very concerned" - it's the truthful response.  People concerned about Diggs' feelings - it's not necesarily a shot at Diggs - if anything it's telling Diggs we are taking your actions seriously (and probably also refers to the internal/organizational breakdown that led to the whole thing in the first place)

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I don’t care if Josh had 3 bar babies and mocked his girlfriend in front of an audience, these are grown millionaires. There is truly no scenario that allows Diggs to be a petulant child.

This is where I am at. 

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree that Josh's presser was Chock Full of Conciliation.

But upthread, we had guys saying that the issue was Josh (and the Bills) were Done with walking on egg shells for Diggs and putting up with Diva behavior, and Diggs needed a minute to adjust.

The two aren't compatible.  If you're Done with the Diva STuff, you don't spend 11 minutes in a presser trying to placate and conciliate.

I think it is possible that they did stop walking on egg shells around Diggs.

Diggs not showing up was the the result. 

Now they have to course correct because when you don't handle Diggs with kid gloves this is the result. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.