Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

4 minutes ago, chongli said:

Who are your sources? Are they reliable?

No sources, but i’d be shocked if he is not at minicamp tomorrow.

Expect to begin hearing from media sources that this was all a big misunderstanding.

That is the PR team at PSE earning their money.

They will mobilize Sal Capaccio, Chris Brown, Steve Tasker, etc to begin “leaking” that it was not football related, and when asked, McBeane will say it’s in the past and they’re moving on and they will make no further comments.

On the flip side, Diggs agent will begin leaking to other reporters (Schaffer, Rappaport, etc) that Diggs was always willing to practice today but non-football matters kept him away, even though he REALLY wanted to be there.

And it’ll all get swept under the rug.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

impr0ved 0ffensive line, running backs and drafted a weap0n at tight end.

if he is mad ab0ut that he is 100% ab0ut himself and n0t the team.

That’s why I kinda think his issue is with Allen, and possibly Dorsey. Or maybe not. Who knows! But this is fun right?

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I know these guys get away during the off season but it's not like they live on different planets with no communication to the rest of the world.

He knew about all of these things a while ago.

Yes and was frustrated. Showing up and seeing it live makes him feel worse. He would know how the vibe was the last few seasons and can tell there is a different feel. A rebuilding? Maybe? 

3 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Quite the assumption.  More likely something in between.  Doubt they’d use the term meeting over 2 days for a hallway conversation.

would be real easy for him to show up, make a couple snarky comments, get asked to meet, call his agent up, make some more snarky remarks about stuff not working for about five minutes before leaving out, agent has a semi cryptic call with beane about needing appreciation and then repeat the next day.

I really wouldn’t be shocked if it’s like 3-4 interactions totaling like 30 mins combined and not some deep and thoughtful review of serious issues while creating organizational action plans together. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

One more ***** 0 as an o and I’m going to lose my mind.

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

impr0ved 0ffensive line, running backs and drafted a weap0n at tight end.

if he is mad ab0ut that he is 100% ab0ut himself and n0t the team.

Ok...first thing, tomorrow, you will buy a new keyboard! Until then, you have to choose words with no letter "o"'s! [just kidding...on the last part] 😄

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

So it looks like The Bills did not unfollow Diggs, but that he blocked them. A tell tale sign is not seeing the teams "likes" on his posts anymore.

Also, I am listening to Muki Hawkins right now, and he already stated he knows what went down, and his podcast is very Ken Dorsey centric and sounding like Dorsey is the issue in this drama.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Yes and was frustrated. Showing up and seeing it live makes him feel worse. He would know how the vibe was the last few seasons and can tell there is a different feel. A rebuilding? Maybe? 

Rebuilding as in what?  Changing the core of the team or changing the offensive philosophy? 

They aren't changing the team any time soon.  How the offense works, that could be a thing for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

If he feels like it’s rebuilding he’s off on another planet. All Beane did in the offseason is improve almost everywhere, including probably the biggest pain area on the offense, the line. The big exception being MLB, but if the Bears want to pay Edmunds that $$$, let them.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No sources, but i’d be shocked if he is not at minicamp tomorrow.

Expect to begin hearing from media sources that this was all a big misunderstanding.

That is the PR team at PSE earning their money.

They will mobilize Sal Capaccio, Chris Brown, Steve Tasker, etc to begin “leaking” that it was not football related, and when asked, McBeane will say it’s in the past and they’re moving on and they will make no further comments.

On the flip side, Diggs agent will begin leaking to other reporters (Schaffer, Rappaport, etc) that Diggs was always willing to practice today but non-football matters kept him away, even though he REALLY wanted to be there.

And it’ll all get swept under the rug.

Only those with high IQ can comprehend this. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

It's all vague stuff to mess with the people who take social media seriously. Its funny how easy it is to get everyone's panties in a bunch. 

It honestly is.  That's how it works now.  Need to retweet everything within 10 seconds or you're not getting the follows regardless whether it is creditable. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I felt strongly at the time that something was up with Allen that was leaving him distracted and unfocused.   I thoroughly remember being in that state in my early 20's and what it was about.   I really didn't see that coming with Allen.   She wouldn't have been my cup of tea in his situation but he sure seemed pretty settled in with his GF.    

If the rumors are even remotely true what was going on was even worse than I thought.    With all the life and death sh!t that happened in December and January it kinda' got lost in the shuffle.    

It very well could have something to do with this Diggs situation.   Diggs has a baby mama and unabashedly juggles multiple women at the same time and still is the same guy on the field every week.  So maybe he has lost some respect for JA considering how compromised Allen was over some female related drama.   I can see Diggs brooding over this with the like minds he probably surrounds himself with all offseason and just getting angrier over how badly Allen handled himself and questioning whether he deserves the say in the organization that he has while Diggs opinion isn't taken into account much as a WR.   That macho BS would track with Allen's language about the situation and McDermott's frustration about having to listen to Diggs telling him his rationale at length and not having some sort of resolution still. :lol:

Yeah I think that’s basically it, something like, Diggs has been juggling multiple women and drama for years and performs on the field despite it.  Allen had some drama with his HS girlfriend right before the bengals game and used it as an excuse and still got the huge $$ and influence on the team in the offseason and I think Diggs was asked to apologize to the team today and lost his mind over all of this.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

would be real easy for him to show up, make a couple snarky comments, get asked to meet, call his agent up, make some more snarky remarks about stuff not working for about five minutes before leaving out, agent has a semi cryptic call with beane about needing appreciation and then repeat the next day.

I really wouldn’t be shocked if it’s like 3-4 interactions totaling like 30 mins combined and not some deep and thoughtful review of serious issues while creating organizational action plans together. 

Quite the imagination.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he spent an hour or two here and there in coach’s office, GMs office, maybe another hour in a combined meeting.  I think they all know what the issues are during the course of these meetings.

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

Quite the imagination.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he spent an hour or two here and there in coach’s office, GMs office, maybe another hour in a combined meeting.  I think they all know what the issues are during the course of these meetings.

I do not think diggs was in 1-1 or 2-2 meetings for several hours. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yeah I think that’s basically it, something like, Diggs has been juggling multiple women and drama for years and performs on the field despite it.  Allen had some drama with his HS girlfriend right before the bengals game and used it as an excuse and still got the huge $$ and influence on the team in the offseason and I think Diggs was asked to apologize to the team today and lost his mind over all of this.

Thai sounds about right to me.  I have no idea on the apology piece.  But I’m stuck on the idea that he wants more buy in and less drama from Allen and is not cool with whatever went down at the end of last year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.