The Trial of Donald J Trump -- Just trial info here

When does crook Joke Bribe em' and his crack head, tax dodging, illegal gun-owning, crook son get indicted?  What a mess. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The National Security “Nuclear” Documents Outlined by Jack Smith Are Pure Lawfare
Manipulation – “Defense Centered” Records  Not What Media Claims

Devin Nunes was previously the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. 

Nunes was a member of the Gang of Eight who are briefed on all intelligence issues at the same level as the President, the chief executive.

As the HPSCI chairman, Nunes has a very granular understanding of intelligence language and the way the intelligence apparatus uses words within national security documents. When Nunes talks about national security documents, he is a subject matter expert on the administration side of the process.

Nunes knows how to contrast the wording in the Jack Smith indictment against wording used to describe national security documents.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/06/12/the-national-security-nuclear-documents-outlined-by-jack-smith-are-pure-lawfare-manipulation-defense-centered-records-not-what-media-claims/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) tore into Donald Trump, his 2024 GOP primary opponent, on Tuesday morning. Christie argued that Trump openly admitted to obstruction of justice the night before during a Fox News interview with Bret Baier related to his retention of classified documents.

Christie, a former federal prosecutor, spoke about the interview on CBS Mornings and declared Trump going on Fox to discuss the 37-criminal-count indictment against him was a “horrible political and legal strategy.”

“Last night he said the reason he didn’t give the documents back was because he’s just so very busy and he didn’t have time to respond to a grand jury subpoena because he needed to get his golf shirts and pants out of the box. I mean, does anybody in America believe this?” Christie added.

“Apparently so,” replied anchor Tony Dokoupil.

“Yes. Look, I think the problem is going to be for him over time is that people are just not going to buy it. And when you think about how many days of golf he’s played since he left office, maybe he could have skipped a couple of rounds of golf and gone through the boxes to respond to a subpoena from a grand jury,” Christie replied, adding:

Look, the problem for Donald Trump in all of this is his own conduct. He’s his own worst enemy. None of this would have happened to him or to the country if he had just returned the documents.

“What about the reference, governor, these were newspaper articles. These weren’t even documents. These were newspaper articles. As a former prosecutor, what do you make of that?” asked Gayle King.

“I’ve never heard about a newspaper article being declassified. I don’t think you classified newspaper articles, because by definition they’re already public,” Christie replied, quickly dismissing Trump’s odd defense from the night before.

“So, look, I think he knows he’s in trouble,” Christie continued, adding:

And last night, I think the worst moment for him was talking about the fact that he just didn’t have time to go through these boxes. Well, in response to the grand jury subpoena, yet he told the government and had his lawyer certify that he had returned all of the documents that were responsive to the subpoena. That is obstruction of justice. And it appears to me last night as a former prosecutor, that he had he admitted obstruction of justice on the air last night to Bret Baier. I can tell you this, his lawyers this morning are jumping out of whatever window they’re near.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-admitted-to-obstruction-of-justice-on-fox-news-argues-chris-christie/

BREAKING: This is why they want to get rid of Judge Aileen Cannon in classified docs case. Her first smackdown of Special Counsel Jack Smith:

"PAPERLESS ORDER denying without prejudice Government's Motion to Implement Special Condition of Release. The Government seeks an order implementing a special condition of bond related to Defendants' (Trump and Nauta) communication with eighty-four listed witnesses about the facts of the case, except through counsel.

• Like (+1) 1

Judge Cannon Smacks Down Jack Smith, Denies Government’s Motion to Keep List of
84 Witnesses Under Wraps in Classified Docs Case

by Christina Laila

Judge Cannon on Monday denied Jack Smith’s motion to keep a list of 84 potential witnesses under seal in the classified documents case.

The judge said Jack Smith failed to explain why it was necessary to keep the names of the witnesses a secret.

Jack Smith was also trying to block Trump and his alleged co-conspirator, Walt Nauta, from communicating with the 84 witnesses.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/judge-cannon-smacks-down-jack-smith-denies-governments/

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

What sitting in front of them right now is Trump’s team is trying to make a case to push the trial till past the next election

Let’s see how this judge reacts to that. I don’t want to automatically assume that she’s a Trumper just because she was lenient on him in the past

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Damn NYT.

New York Times Op-ed Warns of ‘Terrible Consequences’ of Prosecuting Trump

Harvard Law School professor Jack Goldsmith, a noted critic of former President Donald Trump, published a “guest essay” in the New York Times on Tuesday warning of “terrible consequences” for the country in the ongoing prosecutions of Trump. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/08/opinion/trump-indictment-cost-danger.html

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ALF said:

With all the delay tactics I don't see any conviction before the election. If he is not elected Trump and his associates are in big trouble.

The Georgia case will probably take years with all the defendants 

Trump calls off planned ‘news conference’ to push election fraud claims

(The Hill) – Former President Donald Trump on Thursday canceled a planned news conference for next week in which he said he would share claims of election fraud in Georgia in the 2020 election, the same types of claims that led to his indictment in the state earlier this week.

Trump wrote on Truth Social that his lawyers indicated they would rather he compile his claims about election fraud in the state into “formal Legal Filings as we fight to dismiss this disgraceful Indictment.”

“Therefore, the News Conference is no longer necessary!” Trump wrote.

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/trump-calls-off-planned-news-conference-to-push-election-fraud-claims/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

(The Hill) – Former President Donald Trump on Thursday canceled a planned news conference for next week in which he said he would share claims of election fraud in Georgia in the 2020 election, the same types of claims that led to his indictment in the state earlier this week.

Trump wrote on Truth Social that his lawyers indicated they would rather he compile his claims about election fraud in the state into “formal Legal Filings as we fight to dismiss this disgraceful Indictment.”

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/trump-calls-off-planned-news-conference-to-push-election-fraud-claims/

Great, now he will have more time to prepare for his arrest on Friday 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Finally listening to his lawyers.

Could have saved himself a lot of trouble had he started earlier.

Then again, maybe Tom Fitton calls him and convinces him to ignore his lawyers again...

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How the hell has he not lost his passport?

He's one of the most well known people in the world. It's not like he can easily just disappear.

While I don't love the idea that he could potentially go somewhere that doesn't extradite to the US, I find it incredibly unlikely that he would run.

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How the hell has he not lost his passport?

Trump's definitely a flight risk that will blend in and disappear quite easily.  Jack Smith and the judge agreed about that in the J6 case when a warrant issued for Trump's twitter data was not disclosed because they concluded the suspect was a flight risk.  So a guy surrounded by Secret Service agents 24/7 is going to slip away by climbing out the bathroom window at some gas station and run through the woods to the highway to meet Rudy in a getaway car that both of them will drive to North Korea?  

The real reason:  The prosecutor and the court wanted to deprive the defense of any opportunity to contest the warrant if it was disclosed.  

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

He's one of the most well known people in the world. It's not like he can easily just disappear.

While I don't love the idea that he could potentially go somewhere that doesn't extradite to the US, I find it incredibly unlikely that he would run.

He has his own plane, and if he thought he was about to go to prison he absolutely would run.

Just now, Warcodered said:

He has his own plane, and if he thought he was about to go to prison he absolutely would run.

He has NPD. I don't know if he is fundamentally capable of understanding that he might face consequences. He likely wouldn't believe he's going to prison until he's actually in a cell.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, B-Man said:

Damn NYT.

New York Times Op-ed Warns of ‘Terrible Consequences’ of Prosecuting Trump

Harvard Law School professor Jack Goldsmith, a noted critic of former President Donald Trump, published a “guest essay” in the New York Times on Tuesday warning of “terrible consequences” for the country in the ongoing prosecutions of Trump. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/08/opinion/trump-indictment-cost-danger.html

The consequences of not prosecuting are far worse. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The defense calls Robert L Peters. 

How disappointed will some here be if Trump doesn't go to prison?  I won't buy the argument they'll accept it as justice served because they've already got him doing time before the prosecution in any indictment has an opportunity to present the first piece of "evidence" and the defense gets an opportunity for rebuttal.

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

How disappointed will some here be if Trump doesn't go to prison?  I won't buy the argument they'll accept it as justice served because they've already got him doing time before the prosecution in any indictment has an opportunity to present the first piece of "evidence" and the defense gets an opportunity for rebuttal.

How’s your study of the constitution  coming?