Daniel Penny to be charged

Sickening. 

The message will intensify .. good men, stand down.  If you see others being put in danger, look the other way.  

Some of them, brave enough, will still step up.  They will then be targeted by progressives who want to remind you that they are in charge. 

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

I wouldn’t trust a jury in NY that involves a white man facing trial with racial overtones, ever.  

Hope to be proven wrong if it gets to that point … it’s a travesty that it’s even a possibility. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

@redtail hawk 

You keep giving me thumbs down in this thread.   Care to explain why, or do you have another punter to crusade against based on false allegations?

i think it means I disagree with you but not as vehemently as by giving you a red X...that's my interpretation.  Do you disagree?

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i think it means I disagree with you but not as vehemently as by giving you a red X...that's my interpretation.  Do you disagree?

What do you disagree with?

You think Penny should be criminally charged?

You think he will get a fair trial in NYC?

You think good men will continue to stand up for others in danger when the side you simp for keeps trying to destroy so much about masculine nature? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What do you disagree with?

You think Penny should be criminally charged?

You think he will get a fair trial in NYC?

You think good men will continue to stand up for others in danger when the side you simp for keeps trying to destroy so much about masculine nature? 

"Prosecutors said Perry, who was stationed at Fort Hood, initiated the fatal encounter when he ran a red light and drove his vehicle into a crowd gathered at the protest. Foster was openly carrying an assault-style rifle – legal in Texas – and approached Perry’s car and motioned for him to lower his window, at which point Perry fatally shot him with a handgun, prosecutors said."

A Texas jury believed this to be true.

• Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Let the court process play out. You can’t say Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent due to a not guilty verdict by jury and then say Penny can’t get a fair trial.

Anyplace other than under Bragg I'd firmly agree. Not too sure???

Edited by Pokebball
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

"Prosecutors said Perry, who was stationed at Fort Hood, initiated the fatal encounter when he ran a red light and drove his vehicle into a crowd gathered at the protest. Foster was openly carrying an assault-style rifle – legal in Texas – and approached Perry’s car and motioned for him to lower his window, at which point Perry fatally shot him with a handgun, prosecutors said."

A Texas jury believed this to be true.

you are mixing up cases. this is the one about the nyc black guy who had a felony warrant for assaulting an elderly woman, had been arrested 40 other times and started threatening passengers on this ride when the marine stepped in.  in short the long democrat run city allows criminals to run rampant terrorizing people and when you defend yourself you get charged. you're supposed to just hope you survive and dont get permanent damage when attacked apparently

56 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Let the court process play out. You can’t say Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent due to a not guilty verdict by jury and then say Penny can’t get a fair trial.

based on the facts of the rittenhouse case you can certainly say he's innocent. penny shouldn't even be charged thats the point here. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

@redtail hawk and @Andy1 why do you think someone has the right to threaten people in a public place with physical harm? And if you don't believe that what should the Marine have done in that situation?

I don’t believe that. If he is innocent, I have faith in our court system to determine that. Let the process play out. Do you believe people can kill others indiscriminately?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I don’t believe that. If he is innocent, I have faith in our court system to determine that. Let the process play out. Do you believe people can kill others indiscriminately?

Wrong, that isn't how this works.

The DA is supposed to protect Justice by only bringing cases that make sense.  

Nice try.  They're going to bankrupt this hero, but you don't care, because.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t trust a jury in NY that involves a white man facing trial with racial overtones, ever.  

Hope to be proven wrong if it gets to that point … it’s a travesty that it’s even a possibility. 

Also given the fact that if Bragg is the DA he has said basically & show'd by his actions that he will let violent criminals go & prosecute those for much lessor crimes that could be racially motivated .

• Like (+1) 1

The DA knows more about this case than any of us. Why the rush to judgement?

DAs have these types of difficult decisions, to charge or not, every day across the country. Judgement is what grand juries and juries are for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

37 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

You have to come back with something that stupid to make it seem like you are reasonable? Does the whole video seem indiscriminate to you?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You have to come back with something that stupid to make it seem like you are reasonable? Does the whole video seem indiscriminate to you?

The only video I’ve seen is one guy choking another guy on the ground. Apparently witnesses say the black guy was threatening others with his speech. Is there video of what happened before the choking took place? I’m not claiming to know anything about this incident. That’s why I’m saying let the legal process proceed. 

55 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

The DA knows more about this case than any of us. Why the rush to judgement?

DAs have these types of difficult decisions, to charge or not, every day across the country. Judgement is what grand juries and juries are for. 

DA’s like Bragg deserve zero benefit of the doubt, and furthermore deserve scorn and second guessing. 

Nevermind the concept of “jury of your peers” should be mocked in these hyper-political times. 

Penny’s life hangs in the balance of a partisan progressive DA and a jury that he better hope are true working class New Yorkers and not a collection of liberal white women, race-obsessed black women and self-loathing soyed-out white men. 

He wouldn’t have been charged by any other DA’s in the country, except for the usual suspects.. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Did Jordan Neely physically assault anyone? 

If he only threatened with words, then the issue is if one can use deadly force in response to feeling threatened by speech. Neely had mental issues but that alone doesn’t justify killing him. 

Edited by Andy1

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

If he only threatened with words, then the issue is if one can use deadly force in response to feeling threatened by speech. Neely had mental issues but that alone doesn’t justify killing him. 

there’s a reason two other passengers helped the marine hold Neely down. One was a black guy. There was also a reason the passengers thanked him after as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Someone should have offered him $10 for a meal when he cried out he was hungry, sad

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Nevermind the concept of “jury of your peers” should be mocked in these hyper-political times. 

Oh really? What would you suggest to replace it? 

And like we have not had highly politicized times before, whatever 

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Don't expect anyone to help you when you are attacked in NYC.

I always roll my eyes when I see left-leaning women post in stories about an attack by a man on a woman in a city where men are standing around.. it’s always the same question “how can these men stand by and allow this to happen”?

Excuse me, liberal white woman, you continually vote for this, and you would happily convict us for standing up for you if it the liberal mob demanded it, so … by all means .. defend yourself now. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Andy1 said:

by that logic then one must wait to be assaulted or murdered to react? if i get in your face and say i will kill you until the moment i physically touch or pull a weopon..which could be seconds what can you do? 3 women who were attacked werent so lucky that only words were used. can a police officer do anything in that situation? its only words at that point. planes and other instances where "freakouts" caused forced restraint of people didnt see alot of outcry about reactionary force up till now. pretty dangerous now as public transit and all around violence is increasing. precedent after precedent is to not defend yourself, hope for the best and mind your buisness if your not directly involved. sorry. if your the aggressor YOU should be the only one who should be concerned about any of those things.

THIS is what the left wanted. less police. more revolving doors for violent offenders. you get citizens who are not equipped or trained having to defend themselves and when it is a messy outcome..prosecute them too aka just let criminals do what they will.

so. it was in a confined space so distancing from the person threatening was hard or impossible.

3 men felt threatened enough to restrain this man with many other calling the police. that makes it pretty clear that everyone on that train agreed they were in immediate danger with not alot of options.

daniel perry was not charged following the incident with witnesses and video of the event. liberal cities are now prosecution under mob justice, not real justice. that's as dangerous as it gets as laws are not blind but will follow new guidelines under strict political  pressure. there will be applied pressure for a guilty verdict as well. 43 arrests and a man with clear mental violent issues is allowed back into society to become everyone elses problem which is eventually going to have these situation. liberals litterally want criminals to have free reign. its insanity. i see myself becoming heartless to murder victims as they most likely voted for this but unfortunately i live in this state so i cant just watch the implosion of these places from afar. the fact ANYONE has a argument to the contrary has a direct effect on my friends and family safety.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This is a sad and complicated issue.  I think charging him was the correct action.  I do believe he will get off and I lean towards him being innocent at this time.  And yes I think his best chance actually is a NYC jury who understands the situation that is taking place on the subways for a long time now.  Here is the top comment from the NYT article today.  Yes I do understand it seems like excessive force was used.  I however was not present and do not understand the situation completely or should make a strong judgement.  So yes it is the perfect case for a jury to settle. 

We dont always have to immediately take a side and ridicule dissenting opinion. 

"i have been on the NY subways many times with belligerent, angry men getting in my face. I'm a petite women and you can bet I feel frightened and threated. One such man slapped me in the face. Why should i (or anyone else) have to tolerate this behavior? But tolerate it we do because no one ever does anything. Our system allowed Jordan Neely to continue roaming the subway system, even after he had violently assaulted 3 women. Message received: we're on our own. I'm so sorry Mr. Penny's arrest will deter more would-be good Samaritans from helping people before an actual punch is thrown, or a weapon is brandished."\

This is another good comment.  Both political extremes are idiots in my opinion. 

Those really responsible for this unfortunate outcome will never be charged: all those on the right who have moved to shut down mental institutions because of their cost, and all those on the left who have done the same because they believe people with serious mental disabilities should be free to choose their own paths. It is the misguided attitudes displayed by both ends of the political spectrum that have once again carried us into the societal abyss we face today.

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

From a legal standpoint this is an interesting case. It will involve the decision of what is a reasonable and prudent use of force in response to verbal threats. The marine was probably trained in the use of lethal force and probably understood the outcome of maintaining a chokehold on someone. Neely didn’t appear to be a physically imposing person. The subway is a constrained space magnifying the threat level since people cannot distance themselves from him. 

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

This is a sad and complicated issue.  I think charging him was the correct action.  I do believe he will get off and I lean towards him being innocent at this time.  And yes I think his best chance actually is a NYC jury who understands the situation that is taking place on the subways for a long time now.  Here is the top comment from the NYT article today.  Yes I do understand it seems like excessive force was used.  I however was not present and do not understand the situation completely or should make a strong judgement.  So yes it is the perfect case for a jury to settle. 

"i have been on the NY subways many times with belligerent, angry men getting in my face. I'm a petite women and you can bet I feel frightened and threated. One such man slapped me in the face. Why should i (or anyone else) have to tolerate this behavior? But tolerate it we do because no one ever does anything. Our system allowed Jordan Neely to continue roaming the subway system, even after he had violently assaulted 3 women. Message received: we're on our own. I'm so sorry Mr. Penny's arrest will deter more would-be good Samaritans from helping people before an actual punch is thrown, or a weapon is brandished."\

This is another good comment.  Both political extremes are idiots in my opinion. 

Those really responsible for this unfortunate outcome will never be charged: all those on the right who have moved to shut down mental institutions because of their cost, and all those on the left who have done the same because they believe people with serious mental disabilities should be free to choose their own paths. It is the misguided attitudes displayed by both ends of the political spectrum that have once again carried us into the societal abyss we face today.

A well-thought-out nuanced take? On MY PPP forum???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

13 hours ago, Andy1 said:

From a legal standpoint this is an interesting case. It will involve the decision of what is a reasonable and prudent use of force in response to verbal threats. The marine was probably trained in the use of lethal force and probably understood the outcome of maintaining a chokehold on someone. Neely didn’t appear to be a physically imposing person. The subway is a constrained space magnifying the threat level since people cannot distance themselves from him. 

13 hours ago, Roundybout said:

A well-thought-out nuanced take? On MY PPP forum???

This case is not interesting because we have many reports of Neely threatening to hurt other people. He was acting erratically and there were no police to handle it. Two other men helped him contain Neely which shows he was true threat. Lastly your blaming conservatives for the lack of support for someone in NYC? There is no law stopping NY from helping him, just indifference 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

This case is not interesting because we have many reports of Neely threatening to hurt other people. He was acting erratically and there were no police to handle it. Two other men helped him contain Neely which shows he was true threat. Lastly your blaming conservatives for the lack of support for someone in NYC? There is no law stopping NY from helping him, just indifference 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1