Trump town hall on cnn

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The rapist still can’t get over losing the election.  How pathetic is this traitor?  

you would help your position by using actual terms vs made up ones.

hard to take someone using terms backwards, seriously.

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

protesters?  

SMH

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you support releasing that trash, because of something, something 

Ok 

You support no charges being brought to people who destroyed homes, businesses to the tune of nearly half a billion dollars? Riots that lead to 4 deaths? 

• Like (+1) 1

Love it. The TDS tears are so very delicious.

This is why it's ok to have the PPP commies on ignore. I just need a one minute Jake Tapper clip to sum up their commie insanity. 

You support no charges being brought to people who destroyed homes, businesses to the tune of nearly half a billion dollars? Riots that lead to 4 deaths? 

Not only will commies ignore that, they will support locking up trespassing grandmas.

There's no discussion to be had with commies.

Ignore and tag. Tag and ignore.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Have no idea at all about that. 

Why would that apply to Trump pardoning insurectionists?

Do you not understand those two things have nothing to do with each other. Your excuses are lame 

9 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

amplification.  more hate him than other GOP politicians.

Gets the viewers.  Maybe next week they can do a 90 minute segment on Biden wandering around the White House trying to figure out which door is for the bathroom and how the hell does the damn thing open?  All while he's whispering and looking at the ceiling thinking he sees ghosts.  That would be riveting entertainment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

BillSy

”Not that I can recall” is actually the appropriate answer. I know this Twitter nitwit wants to make it into something but any lawyer will tell you that it’s actually the right thing to say.

Move on! 

I guess I’m more conservative than you because Trump’s behavior was NOT acceptable then:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d77b3b9f0caafb8857e0

And it’s not acceptable now

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7dxsyaway7lfqdhbyws

But according to cult:

SO

MUCH

WINNING

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Just now, Tiberius said:

Have no idea at all about that. 

Why would that apply to Trump pardoning insurectionists?

Do you not understand those two things have nothing to do with each other. Your excuses are lame 

Never said they had anything to do with each other, but both were protests, both were called "riots" by each political party. 

• One protest/riot resulted in 30 million dollars in damages and over 1,000 people being charged 
  • The other protest/riot resulted in 500 million dollars in damages and under 100 people being charged, most charges were dropped

• Like (+1) 1

Never said they had anything to do with each other, but both were protests, both were called "riots" by each political party. 

• One protest/riot resulted in 30 million dollars in damages and over 1,000 people being charged 
  • The other protest/riot resulted in 500 million dollars in damages and under 100 people being charged, most charges were dropped

Right, so why bring it up? 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I guess I’m more conservative than you because Trump’s behavior was NOT acceptable then:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d77b3b9f0caafb8857e0

And it’s not acceptable now

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7dxsyaway7lfqdhbyws

But according to cult:

SO

MUCH

WINNING

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Can you try and stick somewhat close to responding to my post? Even just somewhat would be appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Right, so why bring it up? 

Why not? Do you support the dropping of charges for riots who caused half a billion in damages? Yes or no? Stop avoiding the question. It's not a difficult one... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Why not? Do you support the dropping of charges for riots who caused half a billion in damages? Yes or no? Stop avoiding the question. It's not a difficult one... 

I plead the 5th 

Trump pardoning those trash people is wrong. Let them rot in jail 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Answering the question isn't difficult but its impossible.  Although this quote below is specifically addressing the mindset of journalists its a simple explanation about the mindset of posters too.  It sounds about right to me (other than the use of pronouns "she" and "he" which implies in the example the she is objective and the he is subjective). 

"decision-making expert Julia Galef identifies two mindsets that people can adopt: “the soldier” and “the scout.” The scout is the epitome of the traditional reporter. She wants to understand. She wants an accurate picture of the situation, and she works hard to be unblinkered by ideological biases and motivated reasoning. By contrast, the soldier just wants to win. He doesn’t want to understand the other side, and he’s only interested in information that helps him defeat the enemy.

Most progressive journalists see themselves as soldiers.

They see the world in us versus them terms, and they don’t want to do anything that might be construed as helping the other side. Skeptical reporting of a claim of racism might be used by political opponents to say racism isn’t real. Credible reporting on the lab-leak theory means admitting Trump might have been right about something. Neither can be tolerated."

Soldiers will dodge or ignore the question.  A scout would answer it.  Your dealing with a soldier for the cause so name, rank, and serial number only.

That's also why debate and reason can be futile and senseless.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Can you try and stick somewhat close to responding to my post? Even just somewhat would be appreciated. 

My focus is/was on the NASTY part - because I will never cheer that on like the cult.

39 minutes ago, Westside said:

Why do you carry so much hate towards someone you’ve never met? Has to be more than just a different political belief?

never met you and don't much like you or Irv.  I suspect the feeling is mutual...

40 minutes ago, BillStime said:

These degenerates praise Trump because he validates their racism and xenophobia and that is worth everything to them.

Been saying this since 2016.  He has taken the robes off .  At least we often know who were dealing with, how they "think" and therefore how they can be defeated.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

He was the president of our country, I think we can have opinions on him without meeting him in person. 

Besides If he wanted to stay in reality television I wouldn't bother.  He can blabber, lie, default on debts and grab women, whatever he does, I actually wouldn't care at all. The last 3 years have been great actually not having to see him.

But if he wants to run our country again I am going to strongly oppose that

So I'll mark you down as a definite "no" then.  Thanks for clarifying any unintentional ambiguity you may have previously relayed on here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Dear commies, 

Trump authorized the national guard for J6.

The LAW requires that local governments or Congress officially request the national guard. The POTUS CANNOT unilaterally deploy the NG.

Mayor Bowser and Pelosi both declined to request the NG for J6 MULTIPLE TIMES despite warnings of potential violence.

Despite what your commie propaganda "news" sources tell you, you cannot alter reality. 

The sky is still blue.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A Few Thoughts about the CNN townhall with Trump

By Patricia McCarthy

Few of his supporters were surprised to learn that Trump was going to do a sit-down in New Hampshire for CNN.  The man does not shy away from potential political disasters; he thrives on them, runs straight at them, unafraid.  

Why?  Because he always comes out of these things having won bigly.  Not only is he quick thinking and knowledgeable when it comes to the facts on all the relevant issues, he is gloriously entertaining, verbally and visually.  His facial expressions and gestures say as much he does with words.  

The CNN sit-down Wednesday night was no exception.  Host Kaitlan Colllins clearly thought she would have the upper hand.  Coming from the bubble of leftist propaganda that is CNN’s principal reason for being, of course she believed she would be the hero of the event.  But she got her comeuppance within the first few minutes.  She acted the fool and Trump does not suffer fools, he eviscerates them with a smile on his face.  

He certainly got the better of Kaitlan Collins despite her rude, smug arrogance.  She set a new record for dismissive interviews.  She forgot that Trump has had years and years of experience with boorish and ignorant pretend journalists who hate, loathe and despise him. She clearly has no experience with an outlier with so many IQ points on her.

With each question she aimed to embarrass him, to humiliate him.  But she had no actual facts, not when it came to protecting schools, the Second Amendment, the documents stored at Mar-A-Lago,  the event of January 6, 2021, the border wall, school shootings (she exaggerated wildly), etc.  

She had what she thought were facts but were just Democrat talking points.  For example, Trump noted that the man who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, Michael Byrd, bragged about having done it, which he did.  He said that killing her saved lives! Collins tried to deny that fact.  

She accused Trump of not keeping his promise to build the wall!  He did, despite the Democrats’ fevered attempts to stop it.  It stopped the day Biden took office, as did the new pipelines and drilling that had provided energy independence for us.  

More at the link: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/a_few_thoughts_about_the_cnn_townhall_with_trump.html

• Haha (+1) 1

Holy ****, this thread ….

I can accept the cynical notion that Dems are elevating Trump because they know he’s more beatable than DeSantis.. in fact, I believe that to be the case. 

(Which is why the whole “he’s a threat to Democracy” bs is hilarious)  You don’t purposefully elevate someone you truly believe that about.  

That being said, the reactions today are so over the top that I think y’all are actually scared.   I know he’s triggering but my goodness… take a Xan and get some rest. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You don’t purposefully elevate someone you truly believe that about.

Yes, you do or at least, I would.  Someone is going to be the R candidate and I believe Moderates and Independents will reject him and his, just like they did in the 2022 midterms.  Last night can only help the majority of them to get out and vote against him and other fascist, lying R's.  Those people will decide who is the next prez...

Edited by redtail hawk

CNN looking to attract some conservative viewers it seems.  Taking a page from the playbook of some of the online influencers who seek just to stir up some controversy (60 % support 40% haters) makes for a lot views/clicks.  

The CNN/Trump Town Hall appetizer.  Wait till they do the Trump/Desantis/CNN Death Dome Match!!

57 minutes ago, LDD said:

CNN looking to attract some conservative viewers it seems.  Taking a page from the playbook of some of the online influencers who seek just to stir up some controversy (60 % support 40% haters) makes for a lot views/clicks.  

The CNN/Trump Town Hall appetizer.  Wait till they do the Trump/Desantis/CNN Death Dome Match!!

Welp, the DNC has no issue as it keeps bidens name out of the cycle.

Kaitlan Collins is a lightweight. I don't know if there were negotiations about CNN's choice of moderator, whether CNN believes Collins is their new rising star, or whatever it was. She was superficially "prepared" - ready with some canned retorts to Trump's ridiculous assertions. But she didn't know how you pin down a b.s. artist with follow-up questions. It's simple: when your guest doesn't directly answer the question, ask it again. Then tell him you he hasn't given you a straight answer to a simple question. Some of the former lawyers-turned-commentators could have ripped him a new one. That's why he didn't testify in that trial. Collins was superficially "tough," but in reality an ineffective pushover. Megyn Kelly was annoying but smart (and a lawyer). Collins is annoying and not very smart. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Kaitlan Collins is a lightweight. I don't know if there were negotiations about CNN's choice of moderator, whether CNN believes Collins is their new rising star, or whatever it was. She was superficially "prepared" - ready with some canned retorts to Trump's ridiculous assertions. But she didn't know how you pin down a b.s. artist with follow-up questions. It's simple: when your guest doesn't directly answer the question, ask it again. Then tell him you he hasn't given you a straight answer to a simple question. Some of the former lawyers-turned-commentators could have ripped him a new one. That's why he didn't testify in that trial. Collins was superficially "tough," but in reality an ineffective pushover. Megyn Kelly was annoying but smart (and a lawyer). Collins is annoying and not very smart. 

And, from what I hear, the crowd was packed with his loonies, that could not of exactly put any backbone in her 

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Some of the former lawyers-turned-commentators could have ripped him a new one.

Trump would never have agreed to that... and same with the audience.

He needed a safe place, just like the cult here.

Just now, Tiberius said:

And, from what I hear, the crowd was packed with his loonies, that could not of exactly put any backbone in her 

Right. Anyone (me for example) who thought CNN would pack the hall with fake "undecided voters" who were really Democrats was wrong. 

Just one example of an obvious follow-up that Collins (tied to her scripted "the evidence shows that didn't happen" interjections) failed to ask:

Trump tried to make damn fool Ashli Babbit into a martyr and the Capitol Police cop who shot her into a criminal. So, President Trump, answer me this: if an angry mob that had evaded security was pounding on the doors to the Oval Office and they resisted commands to cease and desist, would you order the Secret Service not to fire?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Trump would never have agreed to that... and same with the audience.

He needed a safe place, just like the cult here.

When is Joe going to do one of these? Could he get through the first question without wandering off stage?

Just for you @The Frankish Reich

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by The Frankish Reich. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Just for you @The Frankish Reich

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

BillsFanNC scrolling through our posts with one hand. As usual.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

When is Joe going to do one of these? Could he get through the first question without wandering off stage?

He sure handled Trump easily in debate. 

Just now, Pokebball said:

Thoughts to why CNN set it all up this way?

I would assume that Trump wanted it that way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Pokebball said:

Thoughts to why CNN set it all up this way?

CNN is quite openly trying to reposition itself as the centrist news network. That's fine - there's a lot of acreage between the likes of Fox News and MSNBC. But this was a weird way to do it, giving Trump a solo platform with a friendly audience. I don't know if they've offered similar platforms to the other credible announced candidates (Haley, Hutchinson, etc.) or if they will do so for DeSantis. There was no indication that this was some kind of "town hall with the Republican candidates" series rather than a one-off. So it just looks like a ham-handed attempt at a reboot. Kind of just starting by kissing Trump, or maybe grabbing Trump by the pu$$y shall we say. Not a promising start.

• Like (+1) 1