Trump town hall on cnn

Still trying to figure out the endpoint of CNN's rebranding operation. Do they want to be some kind of mushy middle "both sides make some good points" company? Are they trying to become Fox Lite at the same Fox is trying to become Fox Lite?

And when do Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley get their free infomercials? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Still trying to figure out the endpoint of CNN's rebranding operation. Do they want to be some kind of mushy middle "both sides make some good points" company? Are they trying to become Fox Lite at the same Fox is trying to become Fox Lite?

Not sure it's purposeful but I think they can be more impactful pretending to be or actually being more in the middle.  Their current audience is going to almost exclusively vote blue.  Appearing nonpartisan or less partisan may well grow their brand and influence.  Same for Fox but not holding my breath for them to become centrist.

11 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Those two probably have better favorability ratings with moderates so the left does not want them on the ticket vs failing biden.

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

On Wednesday night, however, Mr Trump said that going over the debt cliff for the first time in US history may be a necessary step if Republicans don't get the broad spending cuts they desire.

"If they don't give you massive cuts, you're going to have to default," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65553964

here here. economy is crap. people are suffering. but make sure the corporate welfare doesn't stop.

Would they be at this debt limit without the insane corporate welfare bills (chips and green infrastructure) spending?

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Trump is the only way they get ratings.

Obvious to those of us who live under a blue sky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Those two probably have better favorability ratings with moderates so the left does not want them on the ticket vs failing biden.

I just don't see how Biden is going to be running for re-election in 2024.  I'm waiting for the appropriate moment when the party leadership makes the call to the bullpen.  The payoff and influence story is not going away.  Add the recent revelation that former CIA officials, former Deputy Director Morell. admitted they communicated directly with the Biden Campaign, wanted Biden to win, and orchestrated a (false) story about Russia being behind Hunter Biden’s laptop.  The testimony and e-mail trail implicates Secretary of State Blinkin as a co-conspirator while working in the Biden campaign.  Sounds like clear election interference, campaign law violations, and abuse of power which I'm sure will go unpunished. 

John Brennan will provide statements on his role in all of this today to the House committee.  A huge story but you wouldn't know that given the lack of media coverage.  Without the ability to block House hearings and investigations they can't hide it forever.  When it reaches critical mass, Joe get thrown overboard and the players attempt to dis-associate themselves.  Watch and wait for it.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I just don't see how Biden is going to be running for re-election in 2024.  I'm waiting for the appropriate moment when the party leadership makes the call to the bullpen.  The payoff and influence story is not going away.  Add the recent revelation that former CIA officials, former Deputy Director Morell. admitted they communicated directly with the Biden Campaign, wanted Biden to win, and orchestrated a (false) story about Russia being behind Hunter Biden’s laptop.  The testimony and e-mail trail implicates Secretary of State Blinkin as a co-conspirator while working in the Biden campaign.  Sounds like clear election interference, campaign law violations, and abuse of power which I'm sure will go unpunished. 

John Brennan will provide statements on his role in all of this today to the House committee.  A huge story but you wouldn't know that given the lack of media coverage.  Without the ability to block House hearings and investigations they can't hide it forever.  When it reaches critical mass, Joe get thrown overboard and the players attempt to dis-associate themselves.  Watch and wait for it.  

In that regard I cant argue.

but would add Its all trump in the cycle and nothing on that topic?

13 minutes ago, Westside said:

I love how the neolibs are melting down on here!!! Lol!!!

You know he must be doing something right to anger them so much! Lol

I love it!!!

you should see twitter.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

would rather pee on my shoe that watch that fat a-hole lie and blabber on

I know right, meanwhile watch biden take on his most stubborn adversary in this weeks episode of joe vs stairs. Winner gets ice cream!

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A well reasoned breakdown for sure but I don’t believe it’s going to reach the ‘critical mass’ you suggest. Those in power and their lapdogs in the media simply won’t allow it. At least not until they have another suitable puppet to install in his place. And right now, they don’t. 

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Would prefer that to listening to trump talk/lie as well

For starters then don’t go in the ocean with your shoes on! 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

I watched none of it. But this is great news.

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Fantastic

🎯

These degenerates praise Trump because he validates their racism and xenophobia and that is worth everything to them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Who is a nasty person?

Certainly not the person liable for sexual assault, right?

And more lies lies lies lies lies 

BillSy

”Not that I can recall” is actually the appropriate answer. I know this Twitter nitwit wants to make it into something but any lawyer will tell you that it’s actually the right thing to say.

Move on! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Would prefer that to listening to trump talk/lie as well

Why do you carry so much hate towards someone you’ve never met? Has to be more than just a different political belief?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1