Good read on Trent Sherfield

RVJ

So…. Lunch pal to work kind of guy that was undrafted and likes to work on special teams. Got it. Doesn’t sound like another Kumerow to me at all. Look for about 12 catches on the season for him. But probably 14 ST tackles. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

So…. Lunch pal to work kind of guy that was undrafted and likes to work on special teams. Got it. Doesn’t sound like another Kumerow to me at all. Look for about 12 catches on the season for him. But probably 14 ST tackles. 

Yea, what a horrible type player to have. A guy that works hard, will play whatever snaps he can get and has a team first attitude. I suppose those snaps on ST could just be eaten up by someone like Diggs, put him out there for that crap, right? Or maybe make Allen the first QB/ST Gunner. That's a solid plan.

As unpopular as it is with certain portions of a fanbase every roster in the NFL has players like this...because every roster in the NFL NEEDS players like this. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Being good at ST means you are bad on offense. /s

One of the better and under the radar signings.

Is it wrong I’m excited for his blocking? Run game sure but I want some screens!

Well, that's the thing these days. Most fans subscribe to the "Fantasy Football Mentality". If a WR or TE isn't lighting up the stat sheet...he's garbage. A lot of guys make real world contributions to the team and game without the stats. Having football players who are good at playing all the nuances of the game still matters. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

i got the over on catches.    He had 4-5 catch games w Tua last year iirc 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Being good at ST means you are bad on offense. /s

One of the better and under the radar signings.

Is it wrong I’m excited for his blocking? Run game sure but I want some screens!

We run screens about as well as EJ would slide. WHY is it SO HARD? 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

It's nice to hear that he's a good blocker. Our screen game was non-existent because our receivers struggled to sustain blocks. 

We could run a 4 wr set with Kincaid and Sherfield in the slots and still be able to use some outside runs with Cook.

Send a text to KD, “Eyes Only” 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

i got the over on catches.    He had 4-5 catch games w Tua last year iirc 

I'm with you.  30 catches last year on a less prolific offense.    He'll get more than 12 with us.  

Seems like a good kid.  Nice combo of size and speed...  Can play outside or slot...  Earned PFF's highest grade blocking as a WR last season...  3rd highest YAC over expected last year (only behind Jaylen Waddle and Deebo Samuel)...   Dorsey will let him play.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 4

Great to read he is a very good special teams player which for OBD in combination with the term "lunch pail" is connoted as a detriment.  Regardless.  

But being a ST player, no one mentioned that is was off Sherfeild's back last year that Miami managed to punt the ball backwards for a saftey.

• Shocked 1

Decent speed and will make a play when given the chance.  Played a good amount for Miami and the year before that San fran.  Solid all around player.  Offers plus run blocking as well.  Can do some of the dirty work Davis was tasked with last year. 

Edited by Mat68

3 hours ago, RVJ said:

From last year. Not sure if it's been posted before.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/five-things-trent-sherfield

I have continuously told people this guy is better than people think all off-season.  His story going back to SF is fascinating, and while I am hoping for a Davis bounce back season, Sherfield for me is someone who can push Davis for reps and targets if he doesn't and is more of the same last year.  

To be totally honest, if it was a battle for WR2 between Sherfield and last years version of Davis, my view would be that Sherfield is capable of winning that battle.  

I am not suggesting Sherfield enters week 1 as WR2 or anything, just saying that he is good insurance IMHO if Davis struggles from last year persist again this season.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, mrags said:

You mean other than the fact he had more catches last year than Kumerow has in his entire career?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for sharing.

Here's another good one - by our old friend, Tyler Dunne

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-trent-sherfield-prophecy

I'm rooting for him to have a great year.

Im rooting for him!  Great story

Thank you

Side note- I hope we arent like AZ, wow no wonder that org is a mess.......

Dumb teams dont play their best players.....

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.