Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, you certainly got a reaction. 

I, for one, have had the same thought.   I know he can't be sitting around all day studying film or practicing 17-yard sideline throws, but when I see him on TV, I worry that he's more focused on good-time Josh than football Josh.  Of course, there's no way for me to know, but I get that impression.  I don't see Joe Burrow all over TV.   Didn't see Derek Jeter until he retired.  

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/how-much-joe-burrow-make-endorsements

"Joe Burrow currently has deals with Lowe's, Bose, Fanatics, Buffalo Wild Wings, Nerf and Nike, as well as Ohio-based electric truck company Lordstown Motors"
Oh, and apparently Kroger

He's stated the goal to live off his endorsements and bank/invest his entire rookie salary.

So, I dunno what TV you're watching, but if you think Joe Burrow is watching film and throwing at targets 24/7 during the off season, Think Again.

https://youtu.be/Zlw-NAeUMHw

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Again, I have no idea if he's doing the work he needs or not.   What I do know is that when he's at the Rose Bowl, he's not working on his game.   That is literally true.   Whether he's killing it in the weight room, on the track, and with wideouts in practice sessions is anyone's guess. 

Josh was not at the Rose Bowl.  The Rose Bowl takes place January 1.  Josh was getting ready to play the Bengals in Cincy on January 2, so on January 1 he and the team would literally have been in their Cincinnati hotel.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And people like you feel entitled to police everyone. That's the key difference here.

Yeah, right - says the guy who is constantly running from thread to thread "policing" the board for "not allowing criticism" - while himself criticizing

Go look in a mirror.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

If there was any evidence of declining performance then maybe Tipster would have a point.  But there isn't.  So its just pure speculation of the baseless variety which was then backtracked into some statement of his discomfort with Josh's poses or outfit. That type of thing will draw criticism, as it should.

Not necessarily trying to defend Tipster here but did you watch the second half of 2022 season?   Everything looked hard for the the Bills offense.   Something certainly changed.   Allen's elbow? Maybe.   Relationship Issues weighing on him?  Maybe.   Allen just losing focus doing other things?  Maybe it had nothing at all to do with Allen...who knows...maybe it was a combination of everything.   I don't see issue with someone expressing concern over change of Allen's on field performance and speculating over what happened.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/how-much-joe-burrow-make-endorsements

"Joe Burrow currently has deals with Lowe's, Bose, Fanatics, Buffalo Wild Wings, Nerf and Nike, as well as Ohio-based electric truck company Lordstown Motors"
Oh, and apparently Kroger

He's stated the goal to live off his endorsements and bank/invest his entire rookie salary.

So, I dunno what TV you're watching, but if you think Joe Burrow is watching film and throwing at targets 24/7 during the off season, Think Again.

https://youtu.be/Zlw-NAeUMHw

Josh was not at the Rose Bowl.  The Rose Bowl takes place January 1.  Josh was getting ready to play the Bengals in Cincy on January 2, so on January 1 he and the team would literally have been in their Cincinnati hotel.

Whoops.  Brain fart.  Kentucky Derby, and obviously not the Rose Bowl.  

All we're talking about here are appearances.  All tipster said, and I agree, is that when you're not the best at your craft (and Allen definitely is not), showing up at events in designer clothes and playing in celebrity golf tournaments can give the wrong impression.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

All we're talking about here are appearances.  All tipster said, and I agree, is that when you're not the best at your craft (and Allen definitely is not), showing up at events in designer clothes and playing in celebrity golf tournaments can give the wrong impression.  

Burrow isn’t “the best” at his craft either, that’s Mahomes. And yet he’s off apparently filming tons of commercials instead of “on the track” or whatever nonsense example you gave. 

If Allen is giving the likes of you and Tipster the wrong impression, count that as a plus in my book.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Lost said:

Not necessarily trying to defend Tipster here but did you watch the second half of 2022 season?   Everything looked hard for the the Bills offense.   Something certainly changed.   Allen's elbow? Maybe.   Relationship Issues weighing on him?  Maybe.   Allen just losing focus doing other things?  Maybe it had nothing at all to do with Allen...who knows...maybe it was a combination of everything.   I don't see issue with someone expressing concern over change of Allen's on field performance and speculating over what happened.  

Offensive line continuing to deteriorate becoming one of the worst lines in the NFL? Maybe.  Lack of any play makers beyond Diggs? Maybe.  Lack of a credible slot receiver that resulted in the Bills bringing back Beasley? Maybe.  Defensive coordinators realizing that the Bills were deficient in multiple offensive areas and exploiting those deficiencies? Maybe.

And in spite of all the crap the Bills put up with - like blizzards & Hamlin's near death experience as well as multiple bad weather games and Allen's injury, Allen's stats for the last 8 games of the regular season were:

Record = 7 - 1

Passing yards = 1880; passing TD's = 16; INT's = 6

Rushing yards = 370; rushing TD's = 3; Lost fumbles = 3.

Total yards = 2250; total TD's = 19; Total TO's = 9

Prorated out to a full 17 game schedule: 

Total yards = 4794; Total TD's = 40; Total TO's = 19

So yes, Allen wasn't at his best in the 2nd half of the season but the injury & bad weather alone would explain most of it.  As an aside Danial Jones just landed a big new contract with the following stats:

Total yards = 3913; Total TD's = 22; Total TO's 7

12 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I mean you saw it. He was a different guy in that Cincy game and both Jets games. Its one thing to go out swinging and another to play it safe or scared. Diggs was pissed, probably wondering where his QB went

Cheery picking games are we?  How was Allen in the two NE games and the Saturday night Miami game that won the Bills the division?

• Thank you (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This is a weird take for me-designer clothes give the wrong impression? These guys have money, are they only supposed to wear Bills t shirts and sweatpants? They have literally months off, Josh has consistently worked with Palmer every offseason-going to the Kentucky derby in a suit or playing some golf means absolutely nothing for next season 

10 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I mean you saw it. He was a different guy in that Cincy game and both Jets games. Its one thing to go out swinging and another to play it safe or scared. Diggs was pissed, probably wondering where his QB went

If you look at Burrows’s playoff stats, they’re almost the epitome of playing safe/scared. He averages less than 2 touchdowns per game, his yards per game is incredibly low-his big thing is he doesn’t turn the ball over. Last season was a rough season for all of those guys-it started in mini camp with the tops shooting in Buffalo. That team carried a ton of weight on their back the whole season, it’s easy to see why they were completely drained for that bengals game 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

In March, April and the first half of May?  You have to be looking for issues to get the wrong impression from Allen making an appearance at a few events this time of the year.  Hell, he just was at the Hyde charity softball game hugging some kids whose parents were away on military deployment.  Is that giving the wrong impression?

And last I looked Allen has been at the Bill's OTA's right?

Sorry but I don't get and I don't like this sniping at Allen on a Bills message board.  There isn't a compelling football reason for it at this point. Get back to me when Allen has a Russel Wilson Denver Broncos like season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Another Tipster Special....buy one thread, get one free....

Priceless - just PRICELESS!  YOU sir win the TBD post of the day!!!!  I know I am a day late and a dollar short on this statement......

• Haha (+1) 1

No. Allen is a top level professional who is about to turn 27. He seems to have a burning desire to win and be the best and probably is miserable if he loses. If he’s like me I bet the past 4 playoff failures have worn on him and contributed to his failed relationship. I hope he plays angry and dominates in 2023. 

• Like (+1) 1

yes

he should be home watching film of the bengals game and the Jax road loss from last year then have a zoom call with Dorsey and McD everyday all before lunch

then comes running, stretching and lifting

Tofu for breakfast, protein shake for lunch and salads for dinner - ok to sneak in a Jello Puddin Pop if coach says so

Before bed churn some butter, darn some socks and bible reading before evening prayers at 845 PM and lights out at 9 PM

God bless one and all

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you swooning 

I exercise my right to avoid self incrimination

16 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

yes

he should be home watching film of the bengals game and the Jax road loss from last year then have a zoom call with Dorsey and McD everyday all before lunch

Off season football discussions violate CBA

Patriots get a 3rd round pick if he does

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.