Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

On 5/9/2023 at 12:33 PM, Tipster19 said:

I’m big on Josh Allen, love his competitive nature, amazed by his abilities but it seems like since the Britney split he’s going pretty deep on posing and modeling. I’ll admit that he looked great at the Kentucky Derby but his poses are a little too much for my liking and now I just a post on IG for caps and it was like this guy thinks he’s a model now. Sorry, don’t like it, flame me all you want but I just want him to concrete on being a rough and tough QB who plows through defenders, not a guy sitting in a armchair posing waiting on GQ to give him a call. The clothes and such are nice but truth be told the only thing that I want to see him modeling is a Super Bowl ring. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_5dFcgWod/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

This feels like a SNL skit. It is a parody.

So the young, rich, single, famous, superstar QB should NOT enjoy his time off? 😂 

Sometimes people say things on here and it makes anything else that they say hard to take seriously. It’s just so ridiculous that your opinion on every other Bills topic is discounted because of this take. The people that took Peterman to the grave did that for me. This is similar imo.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This feels like a SNL skit. It is a parody.

So the young, rich, single, famous, superstar QB should NOT enjoy his time off? 😂 

Sometimes people say things on here and it makes anything else that they say hard to take seriously. It’s just so ridiculous that your opinion on every other Bills topic is discounted because of this take. The people that took Peterman to the grave did that for me. This is similar imo.

Also can we acknowledge the “pose” in question is standing with his hands folded in front of him. It’s as soft a pose as possible while walking the carpet. I’m not sure he could do less. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So for @Shaw66 and @Tipster19, check out about 23:25 in.  Brandt asks Josh about his "never been more locked in" comment and Josh talks about what he meant  by it.

Beck - Thanks for finding that.  I thought the "never been more locked in" thing was a media sound bite and didn't put much stock in it.  It was interesting to hear him talk more specifically about it.   It's better evidence that he's spending his off-season the way he should.  

I really would like to know who, if anyone, is Allen's true mentor.  Maybe Palmer.   I say that because I've come to the conclusion that what Allen needs is some really high-end training in on-field decision making.   It's interesting that what he talked about here was mostly getting better physically, and being healthier.   That's great, but that's not what distinguishes the great ones - like Rodgers and Brady and I'd say Mahomes from Allen right now.   What distinguishes them from him is decision making.   What is the absolute right choice to make every second, and then executing it.  

Just for sake of discussion, I'd say that purely physically, Allen is one of the top five QBs of all time.  I don't who's on that list, but I'd start with (in no particular order)  Cam Newton, John Elway, Josh, Michael Vick, and I don't know who else.   Big guys who were real threats running the ball and with powerful arms and the ability to deliver all kinds of throws accurately.  I'm a huge fan of Rodgers' ability, and I put him high on the list, as well. 

In my view, for Allen to achieve true greatness, it's mostly about also putting himself in the top five mentally.   I don't know who the top five are (certainly Brady and Peyton, who were almost other-worldly processing information at the line of scrimmage, maybe Rodgers, and whether he's top five or not, Mahomes at least has shown he's very good at it).   Whoever the top five are, Josh is not among them.  Elway worked to get better and better in that regard; Newton and Vick never became elite because they never showed it.  

I'd love to know what he's doing to improve mentally.  Do Dorsey and McDermott help him set goals in that regard?  Does Palmer?  Does Josh seek out someone like Peyton and ask him about how he processed at the line of scrimmage?    What's Josh doing to make himself a brain surgeon as well as Superman?

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out to me.   

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Beck - Thanks for finding that.  I thought the "never been more locked in" thing was a media sound bite and didn't put much stock in it.  It was interesting to hear him talk more specifically about it.   It's better evidence that he's spending his off-season the way he should.  

I really would like to know who, if anyone, is Allen's true mentor.  Maybe Palmer.   I say that because I've come to the conclusion that what Allen needs is some really high-end training in on-field decision making.   It's interesting that what he talked about here was mostly getting better physically, and being healthier.   That's great, but that's not what distinguishes the great ones - like Rodgers and Brady and I'd say Mahomes from Allen right now.   What distinguishes them from him is decision making.   What is the absolute right choice to make every second, and then executing it.  

Just for sake of discussion, I'd say that purely physically, Allen is one of the top five QBs of all time.  I don't who's on that list, but I'd start with (in no particular order)  Cam Newton, John Elway, Josh, Michael Vick, and I don't know who else.   Big guys who were real threats running the ball and with powerful arms and the ability to deliver all kinds of throws accurately.  I'm a huge fan of Rodgers' ability, and I put him high on the list, as well. 

In my view, for Allen to achieve true greatness, it's mostly about also putting himself in the top five mentally.   I don't know who the top five are (certainly Brady and Peyton, who were almost other-worldly processing information at the line of scrimmage, maybe Rodgers, and whether he's top five or not, Mahomes at least has shown he's very good at it).   Whoever the top five are, Josh is not among them.  Elway worked to get better and better in that regard; Newton and Vick never became elite because they never showed it.  

I'd love to know what he's doing to improve mentally.  Do Dorsey and McDermott help him set goals in that regard?  Does Palmer?  Does Josh seek out someone like Peyton and ask him about how he processed at the line of scrimmage?    What's Josh doing to make himself a brain surgeon as well as Superman?

He didn't talk about what he's doing to improve, but he did talk in that clip about doing a "deep dive" into his film - what the playcall was, where his eyes went, where he should have looked first.  I know there are various VR setups to train stuff like that, he didn't discuss what if anything he does.

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

👀👀

Thanks, yeah, that's the clip I indexed from the Kyle Brandt show.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Also can we acknowledge the “pose” in question is standing with his hands folded in front of him. It’s as soft a pale as possible while walking the carpet. I’m not sure he could do less. 

OP also linked this, in which Josh is wearing black pants, a white T, his trademark "Super Cade" Never Give Up bracelet, and a khaki tan "work shirt" with a New Era cap he's advertizing.  Sitting in a chair.

I mean, the guy can't sit in a chair wearing a ball cap without criticism? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_5dFcgWod/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ%3D%3D

It's peak Off-season.

Edited by Beck Water

He has barely started to capitalize on his image,

34 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

He has barely started to capitalize on his image,

If he wins a Super Bowl in the next couple of years, he could move into the endorsement Hall of Fame.  He has it all except the ring. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

If he wins a Super Bowl in the next couple of years, he could move into the endorsement Hall of Fame.  He has it all except the ring. 

Endorsement deals for #17  No Brainer. If he is signed by a major fashion designer his closets will be full of free swag..His fashion choices are watched AND admired.....Influencer Yes...wether he wants to be or no 🙂

total eye candy just sayin'. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

This. I agree with this part so much! His decision making in crunch time is what’s holding him back. His physical attributes are all there to be great. He needs to improve the mental aspect of his game. Seeing the field better to make the right decisions. I think with more experience he’ll get there.

33 minutes ago, muppy said:

total eye candy just sayin'. 

One of the NFL's major efforts (to increase revenue) is to get more women watching.   It's been going on for years.  

I'll take your word for it on the eye candy part.  I've spent a lifetime looking at a completely different flavor.  

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

One of the NFL's major efforts (to increase revenue) is to get more women watching.   It's been going on for years.  

I'll take your word for it on the eye candy part.  I've spent a lifetime looking at a completely different flavor.  

work with me here Shaw. Concede he is at least handsome. It's not a sin to admire beauty

lmao

😊

1 hour ago, teef said:

my fear is he wouldn't even want me.

This thread has taken a turn. 👀

my friend did offer to take care of any “mistakes” Allen makes though. 

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m an old, straight white guy, but I’d have his baby. 

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• Haha (+1) 2

It's inevitable if you are a winner you will have those seeking you out to be a sponsor of a product & the paparazzi will be following you for any little bread crumb they can put out .

I just hope it doesn't change him because we have seen that happen to some like AB he use to be like Josh in the way of a down to earth guy but the fame went to his head then he lost it . Let's just hope Josh can keep it between the lines & continue to be the Bills QB that we all love to have on our team .

13 hours ago, teef said:

Don’t be so hard on yourself 

13 hours ago, teef said:

13 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m an old, straight white guy, but I’d have his baby. 

@Beck Water

pretty sure I was hitting on him before both of you guys 

Beck knows we were swooning before both you

Edited by Buffalo716

On 5/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, mushypeaches said:

I'd much rather have a QB that flies under the radar and doesn't get endorsements... 

Upstanding young fellows like JP Losman, Trent Edwards, EJ Manuel, etc that will help us to win 7 games and be solidly "In the Hunt" through Week 16

Then we can all go back to sleep for 17 years and set our alarm clocks for Sunday 1 PM games every week

SMFH

PERFECT!✔️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.