Is Josh becoming too commercialized?

Tipster19

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Whoops.  Brain fart.  Kentucky Derby, and obviously not the Rose Bowl.  

All we're talking about here are appearances.  All tipster said, and I agree, is that when you're not the best at your craft (and Allen definitely is not), showing up at events in designer clothes and playing in celebrity golf tournaments can give the wrong impression.  

I thought what Tipster was complaining about was Josh Allen being "too commercial" by modeling and posing for endorsements?

What, now he can't buy custom made suits or play golf?

Something something all work no play makes a dull boy

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I mean you saw it. He was a different guy in that Cincy game and both Jets games. Its one thing to go out swinging and another to play it safe or scared. Diggs was pissed, probably wondering where his QB went

I did see him as more tentative and indecisive in the Cincy game. The whole team was drained at that point so he probably felt the same.

His inconsistency started in the 2nd half of the Packers game and he was never able to recapture that early season form. Hopefully he’ll clean things up next season otherwise it’ll be another early exit. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m big on Josh Allen, love his competitive nature, amazed by his abilities but it seems like since the Britney split he’s going pretty deep on posing and modeling. I’ll admit that he looked great at the Kentucky Derby but his poses are a little too much for my liking and now I just a post on IG for caps and it was like this guy thinks he’s a model now. Sorry, don’t like it, flame me all you want but I just want him to concrete on being a rough and tough QB who plows through defenders, not a guy sitting in a armchair posing waiting on GQ to give him a call. The clothes and such are nice but truth be told the only thing that I want to see him modeling is a Super Bowl ring. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_5dFcgWod/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

He's plowing alight, but theres no defenders in the off-season.

You sound like a dork. Every celebrity gets their pic taken at the Kentucky Derby, and even if they didnt, its his day off. Go be a fan of a different team, dudes allowed to have a personal life, especially when it has ZERO effect on his play

• Like (+1) 2

People have lost their minds.  The cream sickle suit...  It was the freaking Kentucky Derby!!  Unless you live in a cave, you understand that you don't show up looking like you are ready for a shareholder's meeting.  It's part horse race, part festival to show off outrageous and fun outfits while drinking mint juleps, and a MAJOR party celebrating those things.  Loosen the grip on those pearls just a little bit folks.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m big on Josh Allen, love his competitive nature, amazed by his abilities but it seems like since the Britney split he’s going pretty deep on posing and modeling. I’ll admit that he looked great at the Kentucky Derby but his poses are a little too much for my liking and now I just a post on IG for caps and it was like this guy thinks he’s a model now. Sorry, don’t like it, flame me all you want but I just want him to concrete on being a rough and tough QB who plows through defenders, not a guy sitting in a armchair posing waiting on GQ to give him a call. The clothes and such are nice but truth be told the only thing that I want to see him modeling is a Super Bowl ring. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr_5dFcgWod/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Always feel the need to judge others... It seems to be a growing problem with this generation. 

19 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Was it for attention? Was it for getting a kick out of seeing people chime in a topic you started?

Ill answer for the OP: Yes and yes.

I dare say that 99% of ALL social media posts are done for the reasons you cite above. Bragging and being an egomaniac are two more reasons.

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Like (+1) 1

Getting away from Allen's fashion sense for a minute, I always felt that being locked down with Jordan Palmer for a month with nothing to do but eat, drink, and sleep football played a larger role in Allen's unprecedented third year jump than usually credited.

It was also a somewhat concerning that Allen said he was going to focus on YAC last summer but didn't really improve on it last season.  All previous years, he identified an issue with his game post season and showed immediate improvement in that aspect the following season.  Obviously there is nothing wrong with going to the Kentucky Derby or otherwise having fun but is he doing too much other stuff?   It is a fair question, other QBs, for example, Baker Mayfield, has been criticized for it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

You sound like you pay WAY too much attention to what Josh Allen is doing.

I'll let you in a secret: Josh isn't paying attention to you and he doesn't  give a rat's *** about you.

How about sticking to when he runs around on a field on Sundays with a football.

The rest is his business--and something I personally have zero interest in.

• Haha (+1) 1

In my day, football players played football, worked construction, smoked cigs, and we allowed to do whatever to their wives. Back when men were men!

IMG_8515.jpeg

1 minute ago, teef said:

so...people really have a problem with this?

He should be grinding tape and throwing routes!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cwater10 said:

People have lost their minds.  The cream sickle suit...  It was the freaking Kentucky Derby!!  Unless you live in a cave, you understand that you don't show up looking like you are ready for a shareholder's meeting.  It's part horse race, part festival to show off outrageous and fun outfits while drinking mint juleps, and a MAJOR party celebrating those things.  Loosen the grip on those pearls just a little bit folks.

Most of the people posting here don't dress well enough for OTB.  Its pretty safe to assume they wouldnt know anything about the Derby unless Dale Earnhardt was favored to win.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'll let you in a secret: Josh isn't paying attention to you and he doesn't  give a rat's *** about you.

How about sticking to when he runs around on a field on Sundays with a football.

The rest is his business--and something I personally have zero interest in.

His career will go the way of Cam Newton if he keeps running around. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.