Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You say it like it's a bad thing. My days of hard tailgating in the elements are past. 

I’m not commenting on that. What I am saying, is the whole “Bills Mafia” “best fans in the league” “most rabid fan base in the nfl”  type of comments that were used to hearing. Are over. It’s going to be a completely different vibe/atmosphere and most people don’t get that. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m not commenting on that. What I am saying, is the whole “Bills Mafia” “best fans in the league” “most rabid fan base in the nfl”  type of comments that were used to hearing. Are over. It’s going to be a completely different vibe/atmosphere and most people don’t get that. 

Many Bills fans will do what many Jets and Giants fans did. Drop their season tickets to avoid PSL fees and just purchase individual game tickets throughout the season. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Sorry I missed that point.  I think the fact they are staying in OP means some portion of tailgating will remain. But they definitely want a portion of fans to "tailgate" inside where the new stadium will likely have some eateries and lounges. They might even build something akin to Patriot Place but on a smaller scale. 

Patriot-Place-Map-2023-11-03-1200x927.jp

59 minutes ago, Beast said:

That is a beautiful stadium but I really am glad the Bills decided not to build on the waterfront in Buffalo. That would have been one cold ass stadium with the wind whipping off the lake.

Would've been fine if they built a dome 😉

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sorry I missed that point.  I think the fact they are staying in OP means some portion of tailgating will remain. But they definitely want a portion of fans to "tailgate" inside where the new stadium will likely have some eateries and lounges. They might even build something akin to Patriot Place but on a smaller scale. 

I wish they would. Would have been even nicer to build it downtown and you wouldn’t have to create a city center with restaurants, bars, shopping around the stadium. Would have already been there. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You say it like it's a bad thing. My days of hard tailgating in the elements are past. 

I wonder if they haven't yet finalized ticket and PSL pricing? The worst thing that could happen is a lot of unsold seats because they got greedy.

Well, LOL, unless they come down quite significantly from that first "survey" that they put out, that's exactly what people should anticipate happening though.  

Buffalo/Erie County isn't the place to be gouging people given what our fanbase is generally speaking.  

34 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Many Bills fans will do what many Jets and Giants fans did. Drop their season tickets to avoid PSL fees and just purchase individual game tickets throughout the season. 

Many long time STHs here have even stated as much.  

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, LOL, unless they come down quite significantly from that first "survey" that they put out, that's exactly what people should anticipate happening though.  

Buffalo/Erie County isn't the place to be gouging people given what our fanbase is generally speaking.  

Many long time STHs here have even stated as much.  

Prices will be up from when that survey came out. Making it even harder for fans to renew seats. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

That is a beautiful stadium but I really am glad the Bills decided not to build on the waterfront in Buffalo. That would have been one cold ass stadium with the wind whipping off the lake.

You're probably right (at least in December) but I think the architecture of the Everton Stadium is much more in keeping with what people would envision for WNY. Everton has a really nice blend of a historically influenced base level with a really contemporary top. 

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

I wish they would. Would have been even nicer to build it downtown and you wouldn’t have to create a city center with restaurants, bars, shopping around the stadium. Would have already been there. 

Yup, I hope the new stadium lives up to expectations, but I'm of the personal believe that a downtown location with a dome would be one of the biggest economic booms to the city in a really long time. I understand why things were done how they were, but still can't help but feeling like it's all a bit shortsighted.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Don’t worry, with the price of tickets and PSLs in the new stadium as well as mostly team run parking, the majority of crowds at Bills games after the new stadium is built will be the wine and cheese crowd that show up 30 minutes before kickoff. 

You keep saying this, but Bills tickets have gone up nearly every year (happy to show you some $30 tickets from the 90's) and somehow the "wine and cheese crowd" haven't taken over because of prices. 🤷‍♂️

I predict the story of the demise of Buffalo Bills Tailgating is being prematurely written by a vocal minority. :beer: 

The people I hang every year at the opener sure as heck aren't going to suddenly change their tailgating style because there's a new (albeit more expensive) building. 🍻

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Yup, I hope the new stadium lives up to expectations, but I'm of the personal believe that a downtown location with a dome would be one of the biggest economic booms to the city in a really long time. I understand why things were done how they were, but still can't help but feeling like it's all a bit shortsighted.

Careful with that thinking. The non believers will find facts from every single new stadium ever built and tell you it’s false. 

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

You keep saying this, but Bills tickets have gone up nearly every year (happy to show you some $30 tickets from the 90's) and somehow the "wine and cheese crowd" haven't taken over because of prices. 🤷‍♂️

I predict the story of the demise of Buffalo Bills Tailgating is being prematurely written by a vocal minority. :beer: 

The people I hang every year at the opener sure as heck aren't going to suddenly change their tailgating style because there's a new (albeit more expensive) building. 🍻

Well. A $90 ticket and. $300 ticket should change some of that. Then there’s the fact that the Bills are buying up much of the private lots and using them for themselves. If they do decide to open those lots for fan parking they will have to abide by the NFL guidelines of when fans are able to arrive, and rules followed in the team owned lots. But keep wishing things won’t change. I’m willing to bet they will and many will be upset about it. To the point where they say we should have just built the stadium downtown anyway if we aren’t allowed to tailgate like real Bills Mafia anyway. 

Time will tell. I’ve expressed my opinion many times. You all have the ability to make me eat my words in just a few short years. 

On 12/29/2023 at 7:19 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I thought it would be taller. 🤷🏼‍♂️

They'll just slap some of those temporary metal bleacher seats like Jerry used in Arlington for the SB that one year, and call it done.  

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder if they are behind schedule?  Drove by the site last Saturday, and they were working away(not just a skeleton crew)…on a holiday weekend no less. 

OT plus holiday weekend pay = $$$.  Probably getting a weeks' worth of pay for one day's work.  

2 hours ago, mrags said:

The point is it would have been a dome. 

Don’t worry, with the price of tickets and PSLs in the new stadium as well as mostly team run parking, the majority of crowds at Bills games after the new stadium is built will be the wine and cheese crowd that show up 30 minutes before kickoff. 

Um, excuse me.  I won't be that late.  It'll be 45 minutes, want to beat the rush. 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

That's my plan, unless by some miracle I can get equal seats to what I have now, at 2004 pricing.  

• Like (+1) 1

The original estimate for the build was $1.4 billion and any money over that estimate comes out of the Pegulas' pockets.  The current cost estimate is now $1.7 billion and that is probably going to be significantly low.  That means the Pegulas are already on the hook for $300 million.  https://apnews.com/article/bills-new-stadium-cost-overruns-9846e00bd063cf2e8b12406af66c6ef9

Inflation continues to rise monthly.  If you see reports that inflation is going down, what is actually happening is that the RATE of inflation is coming down.  In layman's terms, what they're saying is that prices (inflation) went up again last month, but the amount that prices (inflation) rose last month was less than it rose the month before.  A bit off semantics to put a positive spin on the fact that the cost of everything continues to go up.

Before it's all said and done I wouldn't be surprised if the overage is in the $600-700 million range.  I know Terry and Kim are flush, but they're not Bezos flush. That is a massive amount of money to come up with, particularly when a lot of the Pegulas' wealth isn't cash sitting in a bank vault somewhere.  I don't see a construction contractor accepting a LNG lease in Pennsylvania in trade for building the stadium.  

If the Pegulas need to start cutting corners the promised "virtual tours" are a fine place start.  I'd rather they skimp on stuff like that than the actual stadium.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Heitz said:

That vocal minority consists of fans that didn't get their dome.

43 minutes ago, mrags said:

The non believers will find facts from every single new stadium ever built and tell you it’s false. 

Imagine using facts on TBD? Crazy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills could have built a smaller scale Patriot Place over the last 50 years.  Nothing then, and if I had to guess nothing going forward.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The Bills could have built a smaller scale Patriot Place over the last 50 years.  Nothing then, and if I had to guess nothing going forward.  

Wasn't part of the reason Orchard Park's allergy to development? When there was talk of bringing the stadium back the city, I recall seeing quotes from OP town leaders about being totally gung-ho for development now.

1 hour ago, QCity said:

That vocal minority consists of fans that didn't get their dome.

Imagine using facts on TBD? Crazy.

The facts I’m referring to are from other cities not Buffalo. 

just like all the fans that don’t live in the area. Don’t have season tix. Just show up in town for 2 weekends a year. Spend roughly $600 on local wing places like Duffs, Anchor Bar, and Bar Bill. Show up to other people’s tailgates and mooch off their food. But think they have an opinion of what the stadium should be.

• Eyeroll 2

Sources deep within have told me that it will be more difficult to reconstruct War Memorial Stadium than originally believed. They are having trouble recreating the water leaks and the stinky urinal troughs. But, the game day experience will still be similar.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

3 - Stadium amenities/bells and whistles get downgraded to minimize the amount of overruns.  

Urinal troughs and downgraded miniature Buffalo statues out front