Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

6 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They may just move there and never come back

Their stadium renovation deal may preclude any move, to some degree at least. 

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The Packers have a mix artificial/real grass field.  It's actually interesting reading this article, that they rip out the grass part every year and grow new grass.  

https://wisconsinlife.org/story/green-bay-man-leaps-into-dream-job-tending-the-lambeau-turf

Green Bay has had heated grass for a long time, the difference there is that it doesn't snow nearly as much in Green Bay as it does in Orchard Park.  The closest equivalent would be Cleveland. They have grass and also the potential for large snow, but they haven't had to play games there deep into January and I don't remember it going well the handful of times they had large snow.

16 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I assume when it calls for snow they will put down tarps and scrape the snow off those before uncovering the field. 

To your point. I think we’re foolish to worry about it. I’m sure they have a plan. 

im not sure how well the heaters in the ground will work. But I think I remember seeing there would be some crazy drainage system included. So for all we know, the heaters will cover all but the very worst snowfalls. And honestly, if it’s that bad, we wouldn’t be playing the game anyway. Just like the last few years with the snowstorms we’ve had. 

4 hours ago, mrags said:

To your point. I think we’re foolish to worry about it. I’m sure they have a plan. 

im not sure how well the heaters in the ground will work. But I think I remember seeing there would be some crazy drainage system included. So for all we know, the heaters will cover all but the very worst snowfalls. And honestly, if it’s that bad, we wouldn’t be playing the game anyway. Just like the last few years with the snowstorms we’ve had. 

They handled it at War Memorial Stadium back in the day!   Just put three tons of sand/kitty litter mix on it and paint it green - ready for kickoff!

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Found a solution to the roof, since nobody sits anyway just don't put seats in. Voila, that should save enough to at least get a bigass Coleman tent over the place when it rains! And its removable for nice days!

Wrong. The answer has been right under our noses all along....just stick to the troughs!!

25 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Wrong. The answer has been right under our noses all along....just stick to the troughs!!

Club seat owners will have the luxury of a catch basin at their feet, so they can relieve themselves while sitting.  

Optional solid waste disposal is not available yet. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Club seat owners will have the luxury of a catch basin at their feet, so they can relieve themselves while sitting.  

Optional solid waste disposal is not available yet. 

Or in the case if @Gugny where he sits when he pees. 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Or in the case if @Gugny where he sits when he pees. 

I do if I get up to pee in the middle of the night.  No need to turn the light on. 

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I do if I get up to pee in the middle of the night.  No need to turn the light on. 

Sometimes I can leave the light off. 

Depends. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...