UDFA signings 2023

KingBoots8

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I guess the process is called Dolorimetry..........and Gouraige may have practiced Dolerimetry instead........which is disarming an opponent just by use of numerous kung-fu-like kicks.

S8rcQc.gif

"That guy jumped right into your trunk! Ain't never seen that before!"

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LEBills said:

And, he is 6'2"

18 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think it's more like 4 or so per season who wind up on the PS and active for a couple of games.  That's $262,000 which is pretty good money for us ordinary Joes and Jills.  And often, at least 1-2 are signed to the active roster the following year.  Quintin Morris was 2021's example - signed to the roster in 2022

As far as actually signing to the active roster same year they were UDFA, that's more rare - Levi Wallace in 2018 and Reggie Gilliam in 2020 last I can think of.

But being signed to the PS for a year or 2 then making the roster is less rare - Tyrel Dodson UDFA signed to PS in 2019, roster in 2020; Cam Lewis PS in 2019, roster in 2021; Quintin Morris 2021 PS, 2022 roster

And of course, the Bills snipe and sign guys who spend development time on other teams PS

Thanks for the nice, clear breakdown

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I have received a lot of flack for suggesting that Beane get a gunner/ST guy to replace Siran Neal.  Nothing against Siran at all, but he will

be costing $6.7M over the next 2 years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/siran-neal-25255/

I just think a UDFA like this guy might be a cheap replacement.

Totally agree.  A very good place to save cap money.  This cap money could be a linebacker or DT for 2023.

17 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Pat Williams and Jabari Greer send their regards as well!

Jabari Greer was a good one.  I thought Pat Williams was a 5th round pick, but, checked and you are right.  Great call!

Hopefully we can find a huge DT as an UDFA this year!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Ignoring the fact those dates have passed, is this even possible? I thought once they signed they were under team control until released? 

Never heard of a guy attending multiple teams mini-camp.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Ignoring the fact those dates have passed, is this even possible? I thought once they signed they were under team control until released? 

Happens regularly. These are unsigned UDFAs who get invites to rookie minicamp to make up the numbers and let them run drills. If they impress they sign.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

He is probably a rookie minicamp invite and not a signing. So he is not under contract but gets an invite to minicamp to try and earn a contract 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Both are tryouts. If Ravens give him a contract from the try out he Cleary won’t attend Bills Camp

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 new WR's, all being brought in to compete and be put under a microscope while being thrown to by no other than .. Kyle Allen? ahaha..

Wonder if they bring in some udfa QB's too. Does anyone know who the best ones are still remaining?

Also, has anyone mentioned Oklahoma OL Chris Murray?

CBS sports has him listed as one of our guys.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-undrafted-free-agent-tracker-team-by-team-list-of-prospect-signings-after-nfl-draft/

DxTGWxcP_400x400.jpg.c272d1265f4c4b0898eb59a78b303896.jpg

Edited by The_Ripster
  • Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, TOboy said:

That’s not being signed… some UDFA get signed 

Others just get an invite to a mini camp try out… He doesn’t have a deal he’s just trying out

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BRH said:

There's always going to be that one RB who looks like a 1,000-yard rusher but won't make a team because he can't block and might get his QB killed.  I know nothing about Mims, but we're gonna have at least one of those guys in camp every year.

Mims’ draft profile indicates he has pass protection ability while his lack of natural pass-catching ability might keep him off the field on 3rd down.

As an aside, it also says he hasn’t fumbled a touch since 2017 per PFF. 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Florida LT Richard Gouraige should be given a look at RT next to his buddy O’Cyrus. The two could anchor the right side for a long time. 

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-buffalo-bills-signing-richard-gouraige-udfa-nfl-draft

In Gouraige, Buffalo receives a versatile and uber-experienced offensive lineman who could reasonably offer depth at several positions if he makes the team this fall. 

Gouraige, 24, made 42 starts during his college career — 25 at left tackle and 17 at left guard — and allowed just five career sacks across 1,678 pass-blocking snaps with no more than two given up in a single season, according to Pro Football Focus.

The near-6-foot-5, 306-pound Gouraige also produced the best single-season run-blocking grade of his career in 2022 at 65.7 out of 100, per PFF. He earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine as a result of his solid play and longevity in the SEC. 

A product of Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge Christian, Gouraige opted for Florida over offers from Ole Miss, Clemson, North Carolina, FSU and Alabama, among others, in the recruiting class of 2018. 

I suspect he would have been drafted if this wasn’t put out….

Crazy to have snagged an UDFA with 42 college starts between LT and OG who started all 13 games on the blindside his senior season, allowing one sack in 343 pass-blocking snaps, in the SEC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Mims’ draft profile indicates he has pass protection ability while his lack of natural pass-catching ability might keep him off the field on 3rd down.

As an aside, it also says he hasn’t fumbled a touch since 2017 per PFF. 

I think he can catch too. They didn't throw to him a ton. But when they did, he caught it.

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, The_Ripster said:

8 new WR's, all being brought in to compete and be put under a microscope while being thrown to by no other than .. Kyle Allen? ahaha..

Wonder if they bring in some udfa QB's too. Does anyone know who the best ones are still remaining?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2023-nfl-undrafted-free-agent-tracker-team-by-team-list-of-prospect-signings-after-nfl-draft/

I'm sure they'll bring in a camp arm if nothing else.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

So he must mean "May" LOL. 

A rookie minicamp invite is different than a signing.  It's basically an audition, the guy signs various wavers in return for stipend money for travel, plus food and lodging, and he comes in to show the team what he can do.  If they like him, they'll offer him an UDFA contract.  So no reason he can't do multiple camps, except if the Ravens like him and offer him a contract he'll call the Bills and cancel.

53 minutes ago, The_Ripster said:

seems to be a dispute 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.