What does our O-Line look like now?

DrDawkinstein

Dawkins - McGovern - Morse - Torrence - Brown

Quess    - Boettger    - Bates  - Edwards -  Doyle

(Doyle?) - (Broeker?)                                    (Gouraige?)

edit:

Broeker either PS, or in Boettger's spot if Beane pull's off a trade.

I dont know enough about UDFA OT Richard Gouraige yet. He might be able to replace Doyle at backup RT, and Doyle moves to backup LT. He might make the PS. He might just be camp fodder.

That right side could be REAL NASTY if those dudes get their stuff together and develop.

Or does Bates or Edwards have a chance of starting over Torrence, and McGovern plays RG?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That right side could be REAL NASTY if those dudes get their stuff together and develop.

Or does Bates or Edwards have a chance of starting over Torrence, and McGovern plays RG?

I don't like the idea of Torrence next to Brown. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/29/2023 at 3:17 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

The 6 in bold are the interior lineman, excluding McGovern and Torrence, one of the other 4 will get cut or traded, my bet would be on Boettger as typically teams go with 5 interior and 4 tackles.  Or could they make a more shocking move and cut Morse?

Not 100% certain Torrence will start, could be Bates instead.  But if they were to cut Morse, then Torrence starts at guard and Bates at Center

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think this is probably right. Hopefully we add another OT once it doesn’t affect the compensatory pick

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

One of those 6 in bold will get cut or traded, my bet would be on Boettger as typically teams go with 5 interior and 4 tackles.  Or could they make a more shocking move and cut Morse?

Not 100% certain Torrence will start, could be Bates instead.  But if they were to cut Morse, then Torrence starts at guard and Bates at Center

I'm interested to see if they would consider Edwards a RT option. He played there in college and a bit in LA his rookie year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I have wanted to see Brown moved inside just to see what it looks like. I feel like that guy might really mess people up in tight spaces. Just mauling guys. Now that ship probably sailed for good. I can see them giving Bates a look at RT early on. Especially if Brown continues to go backwards. I’m really not overly concerned about the line. I think we have some solid pieces to work with. I think the scheme was a bigger issue and I think that’s probably why we haven’t been able to run the ball. I don’t think we are coaching this offense up to run with any success. My biggest fear is that it’s a permanent issue. This season is going to really fall big on Dorsey because last year left a lot to be desired IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.