LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

HOUSE

Did Beane only watch Florida games?

Shorter isn't a guy I have watched really. Seen snippets of him from watching other Florida offensive players. Think he is a bit one paced lacks a bit of burst. But he is a bigger bodied outside receiver which is something we don't have. Not sure I see him as a lock for the 53 though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Bigass WR.  Never heard of him.  Any good?

He was a 5 star recruit at Penn State, stunk. Transferred to Florida. Not much better. Best case he's Marcus Easley. The Bills just drafted a gunner in the 5th Round.

It is not possible to more disappointed in this pick than I am.

• Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Did Beane only watch Florida games?

Shorter isn't a guy I have watched really. Seen snippets of him from watching other Florida offensive players. Think he is a bit one paced lacks a bit of burst. But he is a bigger bodied outside receiver which is something we don't have. Not sure I see him as a lock for the 53 though.

Agree, curious pick.  I’m guessing he likes to play ST.

• Like (+1) 1

From SI “Shorter originally signed with nearby Penn State as a consensus five-star recruit. 

He was considered the No. 1 wide receiver in the country by 247Sports at the time, the second-highest-rated member of the Nittany Lions' signing class that year behind now-Dallas Cowboys All-Pro linebacker Micah Parsons.”

great pedigree but did not put it together in college. Boom or bust guy

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

without the speed

Wins deep similarly to Gabe.  Not a burner, but has enough speed for a big body WR.  

Definitely not the prospect Gabe was though. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

He was a 5 star recruit at Penn State, stunk. Transferred to Florida. Not much better. Best case he's Marcus Easley. The Bills just drafted a gunner in the 5th Round.

It is not possible to more disappointed in this pick than I am.

This is right, he is a special teamer if he makes the team at all. Not a good WR. Disappointing. On to round 6.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.