LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

HOUSE

Getting passes from Joe Burrow and Tua helps. I know Anthony Richardson got drafted high as well, but he didn’t play a whole bunch of the games that Shorter played in. 
When kids transfer, I think it’s easier to get lost in the scouting shuffle. Brandon being definitely likes to pick players that were five star athletes coming out of high school. This absolutely fit that bill. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

True, but 4.4 speed doesn’t grow on trees. I’m willing to give a 6’3” guy NFL training for that kind of speed. He can separate with his track star ability. Shorter doesn’t really offer much that he does. 

I haven't see the kid play so I am not ragging on him, but you gotta do a LOT more than run fast to separate in the NFL. You have be able to release, run routes, get in and out of breaks. It is as much technique as speed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't see the kid play so I am not ragging on him, but you gotta do a LOT more than run fast to separate in the NFL. You have be able to release, run routes, get in and out of breaks. It is as much technique as speed.

What I have read he is a rough and tumble kind of WR.  

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Which is why I said (physically) as in his body type.  

I’ve seen him in person in warm ups.  He’s a physical specimen.  

He’s definitely not DK.  He’s not even Gabe.  He looks great off the bus.. hasn’t put it together. 

Not exactly a ringing endorsement haha.  Who knows, sometimes athletes “get it” later on/ or a good coach brings it out.  I don’t have much hope of him making the roster this year at least.  4 of the WR positions are pretty much set in stone and it’s arguable that’s 5.. tough team to make from late in the draft, even if some of us are less than thrilled with the talent level. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

His major downfall is his tendency to body catch, but that can be corrected. He runs good routes from what I’ve seen. 

With all of these comp picks starting in the 3rd, rounds will be 64 players before long

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

His major downfall is his tendency to body catch, but that can be corrected. He runs good routes from what I’ve seen. 

On his tape he looked wide open quite often.

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

With all of these comp picks starting in the 3rd, rounds will be 64 players before long

On his tape he looked wide open quite often.

He has very quick feet and can separate early due to his track instincts. His major issue is body catching. But separation isn’t an issue, somebody will draft him. 

• Like (+1) 1

My targets in round 6:  

OC Luke Wypler

OG Andrew Vorhees

DT Moro Ojomo

S Chris Smith

DT Kondre Coburn

S Brandon Joseph

S Ronnie Hickman

S Quindell Johnson

S Trey Dean III

S Demarco Hellams

S Rashad Torrence II

OT Asim Richards

Not sure what to think of this Shorter.

I think with the addition of Kincaid and they guys we have, inside may be covered.  I kind of expect Beese to be back after everything shakes out cap wise.  Hope this guy has hands and can be coachable to reach his potential.

6 minutes ago, Yantha said:

My targets in round 6:  

OC Luke Wypler

OG Andrew Vorhees

DT Moro Ojomo

S Chris Smith

DT Kondre Coburn

S Brandon Joseph

S Ronnie Hickman

S Quindell Johnson

S Trey Dean III

S Demarco Hellams

S Rashad Torrence II

OT Asim Richards

My ideal round 6 is:

Vorhees, and Coburn

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.