The wheel turns for the Pats and their fans

Inigo Montoya

After stoically enduring two decades of slings and arrows from the worst fan base in professional sports, I do admit to feeling a small amount of pleasure when I see Patriot fans despairing as they find their team deep in the basement of the AFCE with no realistic prospects to turn things around anytime soon.  It was bad enough for them watching Josh Allen steal their lunch money, but now they find themselves in a division with the Jets and Dolphins firmly entrenched above them as well.

The Pats finished below .500 last year at 8 - 9.  This year Vegas has their over under win total at 7.5.  I don't think it would surprise anyone if they they lose every AFCE game this season.  In a QB driven league they have a fair to middling game manager under center.  They will continue to win enough games to avoid the very top of the draft where they can draft a marquee QB prospect.

Gone are the years when great vets would take a discount to come to New England to try to win a ring with Tom and Belichick.  Now there is a diminishing Belichick with no Tom and zero chance to win a championship.  Belichick is not adapting to the modern game and didn't even have an OC last year during Mac Jones' sophomore season to help him develop. 

Reports are that those two are on the outs after Mac reached out to his Alabama coaches for help last season behind Bill's back.  Bill is great friends with Nick Saban and you know Bill feels humiliated with his QB going behind his back to ask Saban for advice.

As a long suffering Bills fan, I won't wish any active evil on the Patriots, but I will take some modicum of pleasure in watching them flail and flounder for the next few seasons as Belichick slowly fades away taking the franchise and their horrible fans down with him.  

Pats fans had an incredible run and many believed that riding atop the AFCE and NFL was their birthright.  Well, the wheel turns and the Pats are now AFCE and NFL basement dwellers, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After stoically enduring two decades of slings and arrows from the worst fan base in professional sports, I do admit to feeling a small amount of pleasure when I see Patriot fans despairing as they find their team deep in the basement of the AFCE with no realistic prospects to turn things around anytime soon.  It was bad enough for them watching Josh Allen steal their lunch money, but now they find themselves in a division with the Jets and Dolphins firmly entrenched above them as well.

The Pats finished below .500 last year at 8 - 9.  This year Vegas has their over under win total at 7.5.  I don't think it would surprise anyone if they they lose every AFCE game this season.  In a QB driven league they have a fair to middling game manager under center.  They will continue to win enough games to avoid the very top of the draft where they can draft a marquee QB prospect.

Gone are the years when great vets would take a discount to come to New England to try to win a ring with Tom and Belichick.  Now there is a diminishing Belichick with no Tom and zero chance to win a championship.  Belichick is not adapting to the modern game and didn't even have an OC last year during Mac Jones' sophomore season to help him develop. 

Reports are that those two are on the outs after Mac reached out to his Alabama coaches for help last season behind Bill's back.  Bill is great friends with Nick Saban and you know Bill feels humiliated with his QB going behind his back to ask Saban for advice.

As a long suffering Bills fan, I won't wish any active evil on the Patriots, but I will take some modicum of pleasure in watching them flail and flounder for the next few seasons as Belichick slowly fades away taking the franchise and their horrible fans down with him.  

Pats fans had an incredible run and many believed that riding atop the AFCE and NFL was their birthright.  Well, the wheel turns and the Pats are now AFCE and NFL basement dwellers, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.  

Was thinking the same thing yesterday after the trade for Rodgers finally went through.  Barring injury, the Cheaters will be last in the division and hopefully it will be Belicheat's last season there.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Having lived in Maine for a number of those years most of them (not all) were bandwagon jumpers. Whenever I asked them about their attending games during the pre-Brady years  all I got was a deadly silence. I expect the number of impact injuries from jumping off to incease exponentially over the next several years.

47 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Good. Pats fans deserve 40 years of pain and mediocrity. The price to pay for the greatest dynasty in sports. and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’d trade positions with them in a heartbeat if it meant we won 7 SBs

Don't be inappropriate! 

The deserver an eternity of pain and mediocrity!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

How much suffering are they really going thru. Not only do they have 6 Super Bowl championships, but they are currently watching their B's and Celtics in the playoffs. The B's are the favorite to Cup this year. 

Well you certainly have a point regarding the fans that are into the other sports.

But regarding the football side of things, the past is the past. I'd much rather watch our Bills compete for a superbowl than watch Mac-douchebag Jones fart for four quarters, leading one of the NFL's most boring teams.

"Small amount of pleasure"

Yeah, I'm enjoying this. 

All those lists of the most "diehard" fans in pro-sports, now watching them walk-out in the middle of games. 

Enjoy it Boston. Your team doesn't have a QB, no innovation on the offensive, they haven't had a playmaker up there in 5-years. 

And besides, the Celtics are title contenders again, and the Bruins are coming off a historic regular season. I think they'll be fine. 

1 minute ago, CheshireCT said:

Well you certainly have a point regarding the fans that are into the other sports.

But regarding the football side of things, the past is the past. I'd much rather watch our Bills compete for a superbowl than watch Mac-douchebag Jones fart for four quarters, leading one of the NFL's most boring teams.

Still 6 Super Bowl wins should buy a lot of patience with fanbase during some losing seasons.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Still 6 Super Bowl wins should buy a lot of patience with fanbase during some losing seasons.

Not in this day and age,

• Haha (+1) 1

The fans there who are under 40 are just in a different league. We're all homers in a way - we all convince ourselves of positive things about our team.

But that group is literally delusional (not the figurative "delusional" people often use). It's entitlement, and a cautionary tale about what too much winning can do to fans that haven't known anything else.  

I'm enjoying everything that has happened in the past few years - and I'll enjoy it even more when Belichick retires or goes to another team.  It is good for my soul to see the tables turn like this.  

But, of course - they're a Bruins town now.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

As a long suffering Bills fan, I won't wish any active evil on the Patriots

You lost me here

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.