Robert F. Kennedy Jr. for president in 2024?

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's all correct. And you've basically confirmed my take: we don't know anything specific (for example, recent cancer, heart disease, obesity, etc.) that would lead us to believe that he's less likely to survive to 86 than most men his age. So there's your 58% chance. Which means a 42% chance that Kamala Harris becomes President if Biden is reelected. (Maybe that should be your campaign messaging, Republicans? But it's a messaging that gets easier to pull off if your candidate is in his/her 40s, 50s, or even 60s as opposed to his late 70s ...)

Of course, he may be unusually fit, at least physically, for a man his age such that his life expectancy would be greater than the average. But again, we just don't know. So if an insurance company were selling him an annuity, they'd be betting on him living 8.5 more years, on average.

I understand your point, but this is not a future value of money conversation, this is a mortality question on a specific individual.  That’s a different discussion than if Biden were tossing a cool million or two  into the Emerging Bribery Scandal Fund at Vanguard.  Ignoring signs of physical and cognitive decline, and all that comes with it, is not something an insurance company would do, though they might well take the cash on the annuity.  When considering it from the perspective of “us”, we’ll be divided into the “Everything is fine, he looks amazing!” and “He’s disintegrating before our eyes”.

Both angles are guesstimates, both have limitations, but I will say this—if an 80 year old R was shuffling around the WH, making up words,  speaking of friends and family long gone, routinely confused names of people long gone, facts related to tragic occurrences, who’s gait and balance caused stumbling and falls, the perspective from the other side of the aisle would be exactly, precisely that which R voters hold with respect to Biden.  I think we both know that, and we both know why. 

Now, on the campaign,  I think the suggestion that hi-lighting the likelihood of a Harris presidency is somewhat irrelevant.  People that cast a vote for Biden-Harris knew who she was, knew what she represented, and Biden was a tired old man in 2020.   That was part of the analysis. 

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ignoring signs of physical and cognitive decline, and all that comes with it, is not something an insurance company would do, though they might well take the cash on the annuity.  When considering it from the perspective of “us”, we’ll be divided into the “Everything is fine, he looks amazing!” and “He’s disintegrating before our eyes”.

And of course people are free to vote based on their assessment of Biden's mental and physical state.

My comment here was limited to the actual actuarial odds of Biden surviving until the end of a second term. And on that, it's basically 60/40 (survive/not survive).

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And of course people are free to vote based on their assessment of Biden's mental and physical state.

My comment here was limited to the actual actuarial odds of Biden surviving until the end of a second term. And on that, it's basically 60/40 (survive/not survive).

I’m sorry for being a pain, but not the actuarial odds of “Biden” surviving, the actuarial odds of a “male” of a certain age, all other things being equal.  There is a difference, and it’s important distinction.  

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m sorry for being a pain, but not the actuarial odds of “Biden” surviving, the actuarial odds of a “male” of a certain age, all other things being equal.  There is a difference, and it’s important distinction.  

Yes, there is. But other than the medical records the White House releases (which may, of course, be somewhat selective) we have no reason to believe that Biden has any unusual condition that would cause us to deviate from the average. In other words, the over/under is 8.5 more years of life.

Now if you know any insider information like "my cousin's wife is a nurse at Walter Reed, and she saw a report showing that Biden is being treated for chronic kidney disease," feel free to bet the under. Anecdotal stuff like "Biden sure seems to be slowing down physically and mentally" wouldn't change my assessment of the odds. It's akin to "Hillary stumbled badly trying to get into that limo, she probably has serious brain damage and won't be able to serve out her term." Or "why does Trump need to hold a water glass with two hands."

26 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

and the final chapter in each of our lives is normally not a good one. The final couple of years is normally filled with significant decline, required assistance, etc. A person isn't fit to serve/work in their final chapter. 

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes, there is. But other than the medical records the White House releases (which may, of course, be somewhat selective) we have no reason to believe that Biden has any unusual condition that would cause us to deviate from the average. In other words, the over/under is 8.5 more years of life.

Now if you know any insider information like "my cousin's wife is a nurse at Walter Reed, and she saw a report showing that Biden is being treated for chronic kidney disease," feel free to bet the under. Anecdotal stuff like "Biden sure seems to be slowing down physically and mentally" wouldn't change my assessment of the odds. It's akin to "Hillary stumbled badly trying to get into that limo, she probably has serious brain damage and won't be able to serve out her term." Or "why does Trump need to hold a water glass with two hands."

I respect your absolute commitment to the point, but that doesn’t change the reality, Frank. 

A voter voting considers every piece of data they choose to consume.  The data they choose to consume or disregard typically is relevant only insofar as the subject’s agenda and value offered.  

I don’t have any insider information, Frank, and the fact is the average voter that places absolute faith in a  White House report does so at his/her own peril.  

I can tell you Biden is declining at a predictably consistent pace.  Not long ago you mentioned that you felt Biden has been “broken” by the loss of his son In Iraq, so much so he has reimagined the facts of that family trashed.  You didn’t need an in-depth medical report from a team of experts to see that, yet you considered what you saw and know to be true.  

Anyway, time to move on. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

and the final chapter in each of our lives is normally not a good one. The final couple of years is normally filled with significant decline, required assistance, etc. A person isn't fit to serve/work in their final chapter. 

Absolutely a consideration.  Biden’s loved ones likely follow a pattern of readjusting his perspective, reminding him of important issues at times, allowing him to push forward with others in spite of inaccuracies for others.   

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I can tell you Biden is declining at a predictably consistent pace.  

I have spent a lot of time around 80-somethings in recent years (that has something to do with my own stage in life), and I can tell you that what I see with Biden is consistent with what I've seen with every single other one. 

But o.k., let's say his decline is unusually rapid.

Many people (me included) thought Reagan was losing it at a very fast pace in his run-up to the 1980 presidential election. And then it became clear to many more people that he was losing it by the time of his second term, say in 1987. He was 76 in 1987. And while we don't know for sure (no one can) whether that was the early stages of Alzheimer's, given that he was later diagnosed with it I think it's a fair to assume that.

Q. So how long did early-stage Alzheimer's Reagan live after beginning to show signs of that disease (being charitable, from 1987 on)? 

A. 17 years.

My point: even if Biden's doddering behavior means the worst possible diagnosis - Alzheimer's - that's extraordinarily unlikely to kill him in the next few years.

So that over/under of 8.5 years based on the actuarial tables? No reason to second guess it here.

Now could it be that like Reagan he is (or soon will become) unable to handle the job of President without effectively turning it over to an armada of advisors? Sure. Reagan did that, and the impression of those advisors that he was checked out probably contributed to some really bad ideas like Iran-Contra. Did the Republic survive? Yep. 

My second point: when dealing with a cognitively challenged president, or one who exhibits extremely poor judgement, the best thing is to have a stable team of level-headed advisors in place. In fact, a stable team of level-headed advisors is often preferable to a high-functioning know-it-all who refuses to take advice from persons with expertise in a particular area.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I have spent a lot of time around 80-somethings in recent years (that has something to do with my own stage in life), and I can tell you that what I see with Biden is consistent with what I've seen with every single other one. 

But o.k., let's say his decline is unusually rapid.

Many people (me included) thought Reagan was losing it at a very fast pace in his run-up to the 1980 presidential election. And then it became clear to many more people that he was losing it by the time of his second term, say in 1987. He was 76 in 1987. And while we don't know for sure (no one can) whether that was the early stages of Alzheimer's, given that he was later diagnosed with it I think it's a fair to assume that.

Q. So how long did early-stage Alzheimer's Reagan live after beginning to show signs of that disease (being charitable, from 1987 on)? 

A. 17 years.

My point: even if Biden's doddering behavior means the worst possible diagnosis - Alzheimer's - that's extraordinarily unlikely to kill him in the next few years.

So that over/under of 8.5 years based on the actuarial tables? No reason to second guess it here.

Now could it be that like Reagan he is (or soon will become) unable to handle the job of President without effectively turning it over to an armada of advisors? Sure. Reagan did that, and the impression of those advisors that he was checked out probably contributed to some really bad ideas like Iran-Contra. Did the Republic survive? Yep. 

My second point: when dealing with a cognitively challenged president, or one who exhibits extremely poor judgement, the best thing is to have a stable team of level-headed advisors in place. In fact, a stable team of level-headed advisors is often preferable to a high-functioning know-it-all who refuses to take advice from persons with expertise in a particular area.

I suppose it’s possible that Biden’s cognitive failings started much, much earlier as you’ve speculated with Reagan.  It would explain his removal of top secret/classified documents from his time in the Senate and as VP, that he lost track of the documents and they ended up near the extra paper towels and toilet paper in the First Garage. Maybe he just got turned around. Maybe he’s been dealing with this decline for 20 years already.  

As for the Republic surviving, sure, yes.  I said as much during Trump as well.  We push forward.  

22 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I suppose it’s possible that Biden’s cognitive failings started much, much earlier as you’ve speculated with Reagan.  It would explain his removal of top secret/classified documents from his time in the Senate and as VP, that he lost track of the documents and they ended up near the extra paper towels and toilet paper in the First Garage. Maybe he just got turned around. Maybe he’s been dealing with this decline for 20 years already.  

As for the Republic surviving, sure, yes.  I said as much during Trump as well.  We push forward.  

The debate on the President's heath could easily be settled if the administration would provide clarity and publicly release the evaluation of his current physical and mental condition.  What's the readout from the doctors?  While there is no requirement to do so its not uncommon. 

That would eliminate the need for all the fill-in-the-blanks back and forth speculation.

Rather I'm left to conclude he's in physical and mental decline and as typical the speed and severity is accelerating like it always does with the elderly quickly nearing the end.  My over/under is 6 months

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The debate on the President's heath could easily be settled if the administration would provide clarity and publicly release the evaluation of his current physical and mental condition.  What's the readout from the doctors?  While there is no requirement to do so its not uncommon. 

That would eliminate the need for all the fill-in-the-blanks back and forth speculation.

Rather I'm left to conclude he's in physical and mental decline and as typical the speed and severity is accelerating like it always does with the elderly quickly nearing the end.  My over/under is 6 months

I don’t know about that, and would think that’s probably inaccurate.    Biden has access to the best caregivers in the world with reason to keep him as healthy as possible.    

I only entered the chat because of the +\- 8 years.  We can see with our eyes what’s going on, and it is not promising.  

On 6/28/2023 at 6:21 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Not no, but HELL the bleep bleep NO.

With 334,967,580 people in the USA, surely we can find someone not in cognitive decline.  We're not talking about if someone 80 is still OK to work in an office, we're talking about the most powerful person in the world.  

Why is it OK to have unelected people making Presidential decisions?  Are you really OK with that?

And no, the answer is not President Trump either.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 6/28/2023 at 6:21 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

My suspicion is what's in place in the Biden administration is not a group of advisors assisting the President but instead a group of advisors assuming the role of President where the actual person elected by the voters acts as front man to mouth their decisions to the public.  A facade and nothing more.

And who are these advisors?  Do we know their names?  They are unelected unknowns working in the shadows.  What is their source of  direction and agenda?  How did they come to their positions?  Who decided they should be making policy and determining the actions of the executive branch and overall American domestic and foreign policy?

Is having a President in charge of our government an illusion?

More importantly, why is no one in any official capacity raising these questions?  I call this a "soft" coup or if some prefer a quiet insurrection.  No gunfire, no protests, no hearings. No media stories.  Just a quiet takeover of the White House.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

My suspicion is what's in place in the Biden administration is not a group of advisors assisting the President but instead a group of advisors assuming the role of President where the actual person elected by the voters acts as front man to mouth their decisions to the public.  A facade and nothing more.

And who are these advisors?  Do we know their names?  They are unelected unknowns working in the shadows.  What is their source of  direction and agenda?  How did they come to their positions?  Who decided they should be making policy and determining the actions of the executive branch and overall American domestic and foreign policy?

Is having a President in charge of our government an illusion?

More importantly, why is no one in any official capacity raising these questions?  I call this a "soft" coup or if some prefer a quiet insurrection.  No gunfire, no protests, no hearings. No media stories.  Just a quiet takeover of the White House.

Was nut job Stephen Miller elected?

Was Ivanka elected to work on procuring those Chinese patents?

Was Jared elected to cultivate relationships with MBS so he could secure $2 BILlLION?

Shall we go on All Pro Psyop?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Was Jared elected to cultivate relationships with MBS so he could secure $2 BILlLION?

Exactly.

The Executive Branch is a colossus. Not even the best organized, smartest workaholic President could be personally involved in all decisionmaking.

The President-by-Committee is what we have. So I care a lot about the competence and judgement of that committee. Maybe even more than the competence of the President himself?

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly.

The Executive Branch is a colossus. Not even the best organized, smartest workaholic President could be personally involved in all decisionmaking.

The President-by-Committee is what we have. So I care a lot about the competence and judgement of that committee. Maybe even more than the competence of the President himself?

Yes exactly - but we shouldn’t discuss the absolute shitshow of the Trump administration and the constant turnover.

Turnover on the president’s “A Team”President Trump’s “A Team” turnover is 92% as of January 20, 2021

Who wouldn’t want to be associated with the most corrupt POTUS in our lifetime?

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Shall we go on All Pro Psyop?

The difference is we knew what those people were doing.  Can you produce the names of the inner circle calling the shots now?  These people are not there to advise Biden.  They're there to replace him.

This administration is the 3rd term of the Obama administration.  What exactly is Susan Rice's role inside the WH?  What actual duties does she perform?  She's Obama's inside person. There to manage day-to-day.

If you look at Biden's career and 2020 campaign he's spent a lifetime staking out safe middle of the road positions.  The far left focus is definitely out of character.  Prior to January 2021 he's supported none of this.  It's clearly somebody else's agenda.  That agenda belongs to the Obama wing of the party.  Those are the people running the WH.  The elected President?  Not so much.  A shadow government.  So if people not elected are driving the agenda and not the President is this still a democracy?  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

35 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The difference is we knew what those people were doing.  Can you produce the names of the inner circle calling the shots now?  These people are not there to advise Biden.  They're there to replace him.

This administration is the 3rd term of the Obama administration.  What exactly is Susan Rice's role inside the WH?  What actual duties does she perform?  She's Obama's inside person. There to manage day-to-day.

If you look at Biden's career and 2020 campaign he's spent a lifetime staking out safe middle of the road positions.  The far left focus is definitely out of character.  Prior to January 2021 he's supported none of this.  It's clearly somebody else's agenda.  That agenda belongs to the Obama wing of the party.  Those are the people running the WH.  The elected President?  Not so much.  A shadow government.  So if people not elected are driving the agenda and not the President is this still a democracy?  

JFC - listen to you.  What does it say about Trump that 95% of his staff turned over?

You felt good about white supremacist Stephen Miller - mister anti brown anti immigration far right not job?

And what experience does JaVanka - both who struggled to get security clearances - have being anywhere near the West Wing?

Seriously - All Pro Psyop - gtfoh 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

JFC - listen to you.  What does it say about Trump that 95% of his staff turned over?

You felt good about white supremacist Stephen Miller - mister anti brown anti immigration far right not job?

And what experience does JaVanka - both who struggled to get security clearances - have being anywhere near the West Wing?

I'm not clear how your response addresses my suspicions and theory about what's going on currently in the White House.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

what does trump have to do with what he said? Please explain very clearly 

16 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm not clear how your response addresses my suspicions and theory about what's going on currently in the White House.

lmao - why does it matter?

You are fine with make believeand psyops - may the best story win, right?

15 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Please explain very clearly 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7dc8c3d6bd89091d976

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

lmao - why does it matter?

You are fine with make believeand psyops - may the best story win, right?

None of your responses have refuted my contention in any way.

We've got a clearly mentally comprised commander in chief.  It's a credible theory somebody else is driving the agenda.

One repeating situation we see is where an unknown person is directing the President on which questions to answer and when to get off stage.  Who has the authority to command the President to be silent?  Theoretically nobody.  But we witness that in practice.

The idea with theories is to investigate to find things that either support or refute the theory and I see nothing offered anywhere to refute my contention President Biden is a figurehead, fake President.

17 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

None of your responses have refuted my contention in any way.

We've got a clearly mentally comprised commander in chief.  It's a credible theory somebody else is driving the agenda.

One repeating situation we see is where an unknown person is directing the President on which questions to answer and when to get off stage.  Who has the authority to command the President to be silent?  Theoretically nobody.  But we witness that in practice.

The idea with theories is to investigate to find things that either support or refute the theory and I see nothing offered anywhere to refute my contention President Biden is a figurehead, fake President.

Your feelings are noted.