Florio raises an excellent question:

"It's a REALLY good question. This team restructures Allen, and does what with it, exactly? Finds a cheap guard? Brings back AJ Klein?"

It's NOT a good question. It's very ignorant.
- The question/statement implies that Allen restructuring somehow negatively affects his contract. (Hint: it does not)

- Restructuring NEVER hurts the best players. Never, ever, never. 

- This also implies that the Bills did not deliver on something Allen wanted. If so, what exactly?

- The media dude is offers zero proof that Allen expected anything in particular that was not delivered. You took it hook line and sinker. 

- Tell us where the Bills spent poorly? Poyer? Milano? Diggs? White? Knox? Morse? Von Miller? Which one don't you like?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, whorlnut said:

Do you really think Allen is going to say otherwise publicly?

Allen and the Bills love Gabe Davis. They love Knox. They love Diggs.

From everything I see and hear they love the OL. The guy they signed has a great relationship with Bates. 

They do have a hole at slot WR for the first time in a long time entering the draft. Last year they had McKenzie and Crowder. I think we’ll see a WR added. This year they have unknowns.

They don’t run the ball. I don’t think Josh wants to run the ball.

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

"It's a REALLY good question. This team restructures Allen, and does what with it, exactly? Finds a cheap guard? Brings back AJ Klein?"

It's NOT a good question. It's very ignorant.
- The question/statement implies that Allen restructuring somehow negatively affects his contract. (Hint: it does not)

- Restructuring NEVER hurts the best players. Never, ever, never. 

- This also implies that the Bills did not deliver on something Allen wanted. If so, what exactly?

- The media dude is offers zero proof that Allen expected anything in particular that was not delivered. You took it hook line and sinker. 

- Tell us where the Bills spent poorly? Poyer? Milano? Diggs? White? Knox? Morse? Von Miller? Which one don't you like?

Miller.

Thought that was a strategic error. I probably wouldn't have brought Poyer back, either.

• Vomit 1

23 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He says:

"If I'm Josh Allen, and I'm on a team friendly deal, I'm saying to somebody: 'What the hell are you doing with all the money I left behind? Where's the beef? Why do I not have the help I need?' "

It's a REALLY good question. This team restructures Allen, and does what with it, exactly? Finds a cheap guard? Brings back AJ Klein?

This draft will tell us what the future's gonna look like. If they blow it (as they have in recent drafts) on defense, I think it's time for Allen to start making noise. And frankly, he has every right to.

Allen‘s contract was at fair market value when he signed it and the restructure was for the team’s benefit, so Florio has that wrong. Still, Allen would be justified in asking why he hasn’t been given more help on the offensive side of the ball. He’s right about that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He says:

"If I'm Josh Allen, and I'm on a team friendly deal, I'm saying to somebody: 'What the hell are you doing with all the money I left behind? Where's the beef? Why do I not have the help I need?' "

It's a REALLY good question. This team restructures Allen, and does what with it, exactly? Finds a cheap guard? Brings back AJ Klein?

This draft will tell us what the future's gonna look like. If they blow it (as they have in recent drafts) on defense, I think it's time for Allen to start making noise. And frankly, he has every right to.

Florio says whatever he believes will give the Patriots an advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Problem with that, didn't Josh ask to have both Brown and Bease back last year? If so, he clearly didn't like the weapons he had.

They had injuries and depth concerns at WR. Slot is definitely a spot that can add. Beane said the plan was to split slot between Crowder and McKenzie but they never got the chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Most teams can afford a wideout and an edge plus more 

Right, and looking at the top of our cap spending, we have a top-3 WR, a HoF DE, AND... an All-pro CB, a LT, a Center, 2 DTs, and another top CB.

Compared to other teams, all we're missing is another highly touted, highly paid WR2.

So maybe one missing piece that Josh (Florio) could ask about. Doesnt seem very news worthy.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, we got Poyer back so there's that.

I get what he's trying to point out, but the Bills cap situation was not great to make a splash.  LAST offseason was the splash with Von Miller.

I think the OL is already better even before the draft and that was arguably the weakest link last season.  I expect a rookie or two added.... 

Not much of a loss at RB and I'd say we have some upside there....

Some interesting adds at WR, and I expect a rookie add.

Tremaine Edmunds is OVERPAID by another team, and if we can add an early round rookie that can compete at MLB, I'd say we're in pretty good shape for the season.

White HOPEFULLY will be back to 100%, and I've got my fingers crossed for Von Miller by game 7.

It's like some don't understand the basics of math.

What did anyone expect?  We had no cap space. Allen & others had to restructure just to be able to retain good players we already have.  And it's been a solid FA period, even with that. A good starting guard, 2 good receivers who should get solid playing time, and a running back who everyone here is going to love if he can stay healthy.  

It makes no sense how anyone thinks we could have had a splashy FA period.  Our signings have exceeded my expectations.

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He says:

They signed a decently priced OL player instantly in FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

Florio’s take isn’t wrong his belief is that you have a coach and GM who are defense first guys it’s just their way… and you have an all world QB who realizes since Beane barring the Diggs trade is reluctant to use high assets to help you.  What exactly is your plan here? Since when I have an off game and defense needs to help me they can’t see the bengals game.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Florio’s take isn’t wrong his belief is that you have a coach and GM who are defense first guys it’s just their way… and you have an all world QB who realizes since Beane barring the Diggs trade is reluctant to use high assets to help you.  What exactly is your plan here? Since when I have an off game and defense needs to help me they can’t see the bengals game.

Defense 1st that throws the football a lot and has one of the highest scoring offenses in the NFL.

We can all agree the Beasley replacement didn’t work last year. That’s 1 season.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They had injuries and depth concerns at WR. Slot is definitely a spot that can add. Beane said the plan was to split slot between Crowder and McKenzie but they never got the chance. 

For now they have Khalil Shakir penciled in at slot .  6'   4.43

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Right, and looking at the top of our cap spending, we have a top-3 WR, a HoF DE, AND... an All-pro CB, a LT, a Center, 2 DTs, and another top CB.

Compared to other teams, all we're missing is another highly touted, highly paid WR2.

So maybe one missing piece that Josh (Florio) could ask about. Doesnt seem very news worthy.

I think that's the point tho

For those interested here's the breakdown: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills

imo it is totally fair to question whether this is a responsible use of the cap re: investing in your offense

45 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He says:

Except I don't think this draft will tell us anything. Because it is a bad draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.