Future sale of Bills ??????????? (speculation from attention seeking media)

DallasBillsFan1

7 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Sadly, my feeling is Terry bails. The Bills are back on the market.

The kids are set and may from on high Kim gets well.

It’s not going to be well received on this board, but I can’t help feeling the same way as you. 

12 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

You know, if Mrs. Pegula isn’t doing well and things continue on that path, there is going to be a lot of pain in the building for Mr. Pegula to endure. I could see good reason for him selling. He expected her to bury him, not the other way around. Devastating for their family. 

I could see him selling as well.   His heart may just not be in it anymore without Kim in the building with him.  He may see the team and her over the top work ethic as a cause of her health issues.    I could see it for sure.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The only thing that I could think that would prompt Mr. Pegula to sell the team of was the health of Kim Pegula .

This is something I thought of when she had her issue last summer.   Terry is older, I think it is hard to pass it down due to taxes.....they could be sold sooner than people are thinking about.

I immediately thought of Kim while reading but I would think that might be more of a reason why Terry would want to keep the Bills/Sabres

With the brand new stadium being built there's just no way I see this happening.  Even if Terry did sell at some point. 

I would think that one of his daughters would want the team especially Jessica who is in athletics and is already 29 years old (on the older side of tennis). She'll probably be retired from tennis in the next 5 years and then can transition into learning the business side of things under Terry and/or his executives. 

To me that makes the most sense as she is a sports driven person to begin with. 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I listen to Sirius XM NFL.  On Moving The Chains today with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller they discussed the sale of the Commanders.  Then the topic turned to potenital sale of other teams and Pat Kirwin mentioned Seattle and BUFFALO.   WHAT?  Kirwin said he heard of that possibility.  Maybe it's a wild rumor but this is the first I've heard anything like this.  It's only been 7 years since the Pegula's purchased the Bills.  The only thing that I could think that would prompt Mr. Pegula to sell the team of was the health of Kim Pegula ... but I am speculating.  Has anyone else heard of this?  Assuming there is any truth to this, what assurances does the county have that the new owner would keep the Bills in WNY (for new stadium)?

got to open your ears man. I listened to the same thing. They were giving examples of more recent sales pertaining to the Commanders compared to teams net worth, Seahawks 200m in 97 compared to Bills for 1 bil and how much 6 bil and they were talking about why it was so much... did you listen to the whole thing the whole time or just bits and pieces and take unfounded assumptions to these forums? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

got to open your ears man. I listened to the same thing. They were giving examples of more recent sales pertaining to the Commanders compared to teams net worth, Seahawks 200m in 97 compared to Bills for 1 bil and how much 6 bil and they were talking about why it was so much... did you listen to the whole thing the whole time or just bits and pieces and take unfounded assumptions to these forums? 

If that's the case, entirely irresponsible and then the gossip and innuendo afterwards; pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Jesus. So the OP just sparked this off by completely butchering Kirwan’s point? 

Should have known. Seriously a troll purge would be nice around here.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

I think you are going to need at least a .00000000001% down payment, and a solid credit score. Maybe @HOUSE can help you?

Cool. That's like a 10 cent down payment if the Bills sell for 10 billion. How do I get in on this action?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If that's the case, entirely irresponsible and then the gossip and innuendo afterwards; pathetic.

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus. So the OP just sparked this off by completely butchering Kirwan’s point? 

Should have known. Seriously a troll purge would be nice around here.

Guys I just want to add, a talk show like this? you miss 2 minutes? you mine as well turn it off till its over because they also do a lot of what if this or that were the case and not be true but "what if" You can not miss their shows for a minute... cause unlike WGR.. they do not switch topics every 15 minutes. I doubt op is trolling... I just think he missed the bigging or went afk through part of it.

Just making that clear. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Guys I just want to add, a talk show like this? you miss 2 minutes? you mine as well turn it off till its over because they also do a lot of what if this or that were the case and not be true but "what if" You can not miss their shows for a minute... cause unlike WGR.. they do not switch topics every 15 minutes. I doubt op is trolling... I just think he missed the bigging or went afk through part of it.

Just making that clear. 

Thanks - and just for clarification though - did Kirwan ever suggest during one of their what if scenarios that the Bills were a likely sell in the near future?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.